Could you?...In real life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Geocorn

Re: Could you?...In real life?

Post by Geocorn »

Yeah there were many times Hisao's cluelessness had me yelling at my screen lol. Especially in Emi and Hanako's routes.
I agree about Rin. She'd be an awesome friend. Not sure I could think romantically about somebody else first impression upon meeting me was that something was wrong in my pants lol.
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

I see myself going in 4 different ways.
1. Kenji's route. I cant help it but I kinda like friends like Kenji.
2. Emi's route. This would kinda be accidental. Just like how I did it in game, the nurse recommended I work out. Might as well when Emi kinda offers.
3. Friend-zone Route. I have Nathan Drake luck. And I got a feeling I'm gonna be a great friend to these girls.
4. Side character. I have NO idea why but I got that gut feeling I may capture a background character.

I'M SORRY RIN
My name may be "Gravy", but that doesn't mean I like gravy.
I have Narcolepsy.

Favorites in order: Rin, Suzu, Emi, Lilly, Hanako,Mishaha!, Shizune
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Ou~, I like this topic. :D

I feel like I would fail in Hisao's shoes, simply for the fact that I am so...different from Hisao in general. He's a lot less tactful when needed, and not blunt enough when needed. I can see myself in the following situations

1.Dating Emi for a little while, then slowly discovering her secret before she even tells me. Then when I finally broach the topic with her, she explodes and I get just as angry. I would say something about not being true to herself and I would bugger it up all, right there.
2. Joining the student council for the sole sake of Misha. I finally get the balls to ask out Misha and she turns me down gently, then I spend the rest of the night drinking with Kenji while listening to Cutting Crew'sDied in your arms Tonight and The Script's Nothing :cry:
3.Dating some background character.

That's how I see it anyway. :D
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

If I was in EXACTLY the same shoes as Hisao, same situation, family/relationship etc. but with my thought pattern, I'd probably wind up dating Emi and potentially falling into a massive shitpile or maybe, just maybe, actually succeeding. This would be due to the loaded question from the Nurse asking me about exercise - the guilt I would feel towards him would be ridiculous if I didn't go, and so I would go to the track. Upon meeting Emi (again), that guilt would rise up again, this time in the form of not wanting to let her belief in me go to waste/let her down, and so I would likely continue to go. From what I can make out, 'friend' Emi and I would get on swimmingly together, and (at least when I was single, it's died down significantly this past few years) friendship quickly turns to romantic companionship in my head, particularly if I spend lots of time with JUST them.

Now, that's where things would start getting a bit iffy. Generally speaking I'm a fairly laissez-faire kind of person, so whether or not that would play off in my favour in the long run could swing either positively or negatively. Although I'm starting to improve now, sex freaked me the fuck out and even now I'm wary of it - I may not have been physical enough for Emi in that sense despite my liking of physical contact. I suspect we might get to the end of the year, but what happens then could be anyone's guess.

Of course, would Emi have even liked me in the first place? I'm physically very much like Hisao, and in Emi's route his increased levels of competitiveness around her sound like me so... it's plausible.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

ArmedLiberal

Post by ArmedLiberal »

As much as I love the Hanako route, it's because she's [mostly] me. I'd have screwed that up beyond repair. Shizune… I might have been able to pull off, but her constant competitiveness would've been a major turn-off. I would've gotten Lilly with no major difficulty. I would've fucked up with Emi at the point where she storms off, but I probably would've had a good save with Misha's help. Rin… well, frankly, she's too weird for me even now. She's a great person, but so totally friendzoned. Suzu would just be speculation, as she doesn't have a canon route.

I find that interesting, too, because in a lot of ways, I see my relationship with my wife as me being Hanako and she Lilly… and as I continue to branch out—speaking in terms of in-game—I'd reach out more to the people around me like Shizune, Misha, Emi, and Suzu (and probably Miki, too… I always got the sense that there was more going on between Miki and Suzu).

Anyway, just my thoughts.
Message truncated
So, apparently my sig was too long… so I cut it down, but I used the opportunity to expound upon—and add to—my original signature.
vendetta007

Post by vendetta007 »

My black humor wouldn't help me get closer even from Kenji. Not even bad ending on the roof would happen to me. :P
"Push forward. This is the soul of (*)"

Emi > Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Shizune
Linkarena

Post by Linkarena »

If we're talking about us, the players, being pushed into Yamaku... I'd be Shizune. I wouldn't be Hisao, I'd really just be an alternate Shizune and so probably end up with her. And if we're saying that you're put into Hisao's position, but not restricted by the choices, I'd probably end up with Shizune. HOWEVER, if we're talking about following the routes, then it would be much different. Following the choices, I'd end up with Emi's bad ending, because that's just how I'd act. If put into Rin's route somehow, I'd probably fuck up pretty badly. If put into Hanako's route, I'd probably be a bit too overprotective and screw up. IdunnowhathappensinLilly'sroutedon'thitme. Shizune, I'd get the good ending.
I can't really choose a favourite. Probably Hanako. But then who's second?! Rin? Shizune? Lilly? Emi? I can't. I just can't.
Also, little fact: I cry REALLY easily when it comes to entertainment. KS? Got me a few times. Most anime with even a slight amount of sadness? The tears will flooooow.
Kain

Post by Kain »

As much as I love Katawa Shoujo, I really like to think I wouldn't have been as honestly....stupid and thoughtless as Hisao in a lot of the scenarios throughout the game. Everyone always goes on about how kind and nice he is, but he has quite a few moments where I would facepalm and just say aloud "Why would you fucking say that, you idiot.", and as much as I loved Rin's route....Hisao was a prick to her even in the good ending. Hisao makes decisions sometimes without thinking, such as "Oh god. Naked girl in front of me. MUST. DO." i.e. him having sex with Hanako when she was VERY clearly uncomfortable throughout the entire process. I get being horny, I get having a lot of hormones, but COME ON. You don't do that. Sorry for ranting, I really don't like Hisao sometimes, but back to the point. I honestly feel like I'd be able to secure a good ending with Hanako, Shizune, and maybe Lilly. Emi, I'd probably shut down emotionally, as I suffer from depression and would view her detachment as sheer rejection. As much as I love Rin, I would NEVER have the patience for her, but I wouldn't be a huge dick about it if it wasn't going my way.
HereticNine

Post by HereticNine »

100% pretty sure if I was in Hisao's spot, I'd pretty much relive my life in high school save for the fact everyones crippled in ways. I love to joke around, maybe a bit too much. This might be a bit charming to the following girls? I don't know. Hisao never joked about anyones disability. Hell, Hisao apologizes WAY too much when he messes up his phrasing. (i.e. I didn't see that comming, and Lilly is blind :O)

Than there's the question of "how is all characters Hisao interacting to 85% girls, than the only males are like, 1 same aged semi-blind dude and 2 adults?" For me, I'm always with other bros. So I'd prob talk to Kenji more often despite his strange feminist ideals, just for kicks and laughs and I'd play along with them.

Other than joking around, I guess I sort of fit Hisao's description. Easily deep in thought, sympathetic towards others, good at handling schoolwork but a lack of direction in life.

The outcome, I'm in the manly picnic 2.0, where I don't die from being stupid and instead goin out with my home boy Kenji and be slayin' some pussy together! Cheers bud.

But okay, say miraculously end up where Hisao is, talking to these chicks. I only played 3 playthroughs. Emi, Lilly and Hanako.

Emi would probably be difficult to manage. I'm sympathetic, yes. But I'm also terrible in consulting and providing words of comfort. I really can't tell, but since I won't bother Emi and respect her need for space I wont deal with the same drama as Hisao. Verdict. Emi will never open up to me, im fine with that because I understand I cant help her. Emi would probably either admire my respect for her space, or i don't know hate me for not helping her out enough. I don't know. All i do know is i'd do the lemon scene again.

Lilly. I also dont know about this. The LAST place you'd see me is in a library. Books scare me because they make me feel stupid.
But okay lets improvise! Maybe I got lost trying to look for the gym to kill some weights. Open a random door, low and behold Lillys beautiful slender catches my eyes. Begin Lilly route. Than I meet her sister, and realize I like Akira more. Shit gets weird real fast.
Verdict. I get immediately rejected by Akira, Lilly finds this and is disgusted with me. I go back to the gym and kill weights because fuck it thats what i wanted to do in the first place.

Hanako. Cant even joke with this one, this is where my thick titanium shell breaches. This is where i discover my inner feelings and explore myself in ways I couldnt have done alone. My insecurities, my flaws... my fears. Hanako is so sweet, thinking about others to the point she feels her presence disturbs everyone. My GOD, i just want to scream "YOU. ARE. BEAUTFIUL! STOP IT!" (*&sob) Verdict. I still try to go for Akira, get rejected. Hanako would be.. indifferent?
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

As much as I love Katawa Shoujo, I really like to think I wouldn't have been as honestly....stupid and thoughtless as Hisao in a lot of the scenarios throughout the game.
I'm sure you'd be equally stupid and thoughtless in your own different way.

As for the bit with Hanako being uncomfortable... when is she not? Being uncomfortable is her natural state. Trying to tell her what she is and what she isn't ready for her is exactly the wrong way to go.
Not Dead Yet
d2r

Post by d2r »

Oddball wrote:
As much as I love Katawa Shoujo, I really like to think I wouldn't have been as honestly....stupid and thoughtless as Hisao in a lot of the scenarios throughout the game.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
HereticNine

Post by HereticNine »

d2r wrote:
Oddball wrote:
I'd like to edit the first quote and replace "you'd" with "anyone would". And other words in respect to it.

Im sure he didn't intend to insult him, but to make him understand that nobody has the perfect words and the perfect way of ensuring complete trust and love from any of the girls in KS. Hisao earned (assuming good ending) their love, regardless of his flaws (too attaching, ignorant, self-concious, womp womp?) and obliviousness.

TL;DR Ya'll be way over yer heads.
Last edited by Silentcook on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Sorry. Yeah, that's what I meant if it wasn't clear enough.

You might not make the same mistakes Hisao did but you'd certainly make your own mistakes.

Another part everybody leaves out when they say they wouldn't mess up like Hisao did, is that they wouldn't necessarily successes where Hisao did either. Messing up and being socially awkward are one of the reasons (at least some of) the girls are interested in him in the first place.
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oddball wrote:Another part everybody leaves out when they say they wouldn't mess up like Hisao did, is that they wouldn't necessarily successes where Hisao did either. Messing up and being socially awkward are one of the reasons (at least some of) the girls are interested in him in the first place.
Another take on it is the empirical evidence we have that some of us can't imagine why on earth Hisao is interested at all in some girls.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

brythain wrote:
Oddball wrote:Another part everybody leaves out when they say they wouldn't mess up like Hisao did, is that they wouldn't necessarily successes where Hisao did either. Messing up and being socially awkward are one of the reasons (at least some of) the girls are interested in him in the first place.
Another take on it is the empirical evidence we have that some of us can't imagine why on earth Hisao is interested at all in some girls.
Hormones
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself