Could you?...In real life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Could you?...In real life?

Post by Xanatos »

Dr. Casey wrote:he was pretty much perfect with Shizune (minus the whole cheating on her thing)
Hisao didn't cheat on Shizune. You did. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Thinking back to when I was that age, I would have probably had the hots for Shizune. OTOH, even back then I would have tried to befriend Hanako, not out of feeling crap for her, but out of someone being a total bookworm like I have been since forever.

As for the decisions... don't know. I don't think I would have been as overbearing with Hanako, but with the other chars... I don't know. Don't think so.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
newnar

Post by newnar »

I'd probably end up getting expelled.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

What worries me is that I'm a nurturing person by nature, and I will go out of my way to do things for the people I care for. I'm always giving gifts because I'm insecure and feel I need to 'buy' people s affection. With someone like Hanako, I'd probably end up being clingy and drive her off, just because I'd want her to be happy more than anything. :(

Of course I'm sure I'd take the hint if I got her good ending speach.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Raxiuscore

Post by Raxiuscore »

I think so, ive gone through both some of Hanako's and some of Rin's problems with my girlfriend, and we are still a happy couple. SO i think i could've done the same thing at Yamaku
Never thought i would do it, but i really met a girl that gives me the same feelings as Katawa Shoujo did. I love you Maia <3
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I probably would have tried to be friends with all. But, I was pretty much a com game player during this phase of my life, and neither Shizune (+Misha), Hanako nor Emi played com games (certainly not Emi, who definitely prefers outdoor stuff). Shizune would make an excellent guildie for WoW raids. Hell, she'll probably go for the world' first records.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Torric
Location: Inside a potato inside an oven inside Newton inside Iowa inside the US

Post by Torric »

Xanatos wrote:
Torric wrote:I wouldn't have gotten any ending. If I were Hisao, I'd have stood right at the front gate of Yamaku and gone all "Screw this noise!", found a bus, and went home.
So, the worst ending?
I guess?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:I probably would have tried to be friends with all. But, I was pretty much a com game player during this phase of my life, and neither Shizune (+Misha), Hanako nor Emi played com games (certainly not Emi, who definitely prefers outdoor stuff). Shizune would make an excellent guildie for WoW raids. Hell, she'll probably go for the world' first records.
I dunno. Shizune strikes me more as a Starcraft II player. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:
YZQ wrote:I probably would have tried to be friends with all. But, I was pretty much a com game player during this phase of my life, and neither Shizune (+Misha), Hanako nor Emi played com games (certainly not Emi, who definitely prefers outdoor stuff). Shizune would make an excellent guildie for WoW raids. Hell, she'll probably go for the world' first records.
I dunno. Shizune strikes me more as a Starcraft II player. :)
1v1 champ on B.net, with invitation to fight with the Koreans. Cue all the "OMG I've been beaten by a deaf-mute!!!!!" flame threads.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Actually, Hanako does have an interest in computers, and I can totally see her devouring story-heavy RPGs. (Although a lot of those are console, not PC.)
As for Shizune, I see her as more of a PvP fiend. I can just see it now: [Competing against the computer is not challenging enough! Give me the unpredictability of a flesh-and-blood opponent!]
But yes, she'd have a list of achievements longer than her arm. Or your arm. And definitely longer than Rin's arm. :mrgreen:
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Banryu

Post by Banryu »

I played through all the routes without walkthroughs and only got a bad ending on Shizune's route (due, I'm sure, to a momentarily severe lack of common sense for some reason. ~___~)

But with that said, I suppose there's also the filter of Hisao's character to consider. One of the things I liked about KS was that he wasn't just a self-insert character, he actually had a defined and fairly distinct personality that can develop in one of five ways. For what it's worth, he also seems pretty genuinely kind and mature, so it's hard to really know what you'd do in his shoes.

...with THAT said, I don't think it matters.
Deep and moving and wonderful as KS was, at the end of the day it's just a story-- it's not real life. As I was playing, I was wondering so many similar things-- would I really have done what's right for Hanako? Would she have even talked to me if it was me instead of Hisao? How coulda woulda shoulda-- it's not healthy, it's not right. I have my own girlfriend who I care deeply about, so I couldn't afford to let myself get THAT attached to the characters, that dependent on the outcome and what I'd have done. You gotta focus on your own life. KS had some wonderful stories, characters, and lessons, and they made a big impact on me, but I won't let them suck me out of my life-- instead of dwelling on what would have happened 'if it had been me', I prefer to take away the lessons that KS taught me about life and relationships in general and apply them to my own.
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Banryu wrote:I played through all the routes without walkthroughs and only got a bad ending on Shizune's route (due, I'm sure, to a momentarily severe lack of common sense for some reason. ~___~)

But with that said, I suppose there's also the filter of Hisao's character to consider. One of the things I liked about KS was that he wasn't just a self-insert character, he actually had a defined and fairly distinct personality that can develop in one of five ways. For what it's worth, he also seems pretty genuinely kind and mature, so it's hard to really know what you'd do in his shoes.

...with THAT said, I don't think it matters.
Deep and moving and wonderful as KS was, at the end of the day it's just a story-- it's not real life. As I was playing, I was wondering so many similar things-- would I really have done what's right for Hanako? Would she have even talked to me if it was me instead of Hisao? How coulda woulda shoulda-- it's not healthy, it's not right. I have my own girlfriend who I care deeply about, so I couldn't afford to let myself get THAT attached to the characters, that dependent on the outcome and what I'd have done. You gotta focus on your own life. KS had some wonderful stories, characters, and lessons, and they made a big impact on me, but I won't let them suck me out of my life-- instead of dwelling on what would have happened 'if it had been me', I prefer to take away the lessons that KS taught me about life and relationships in general and apply them to my own.
I'll drink to that. To me, KS is more a mirror which reflects your own motives, feelings and actions (and of course, how serious you take the whole thing). It can be light-hearted if you want it to, or scary, or whatever. It is up to you, as in many things in life.

CaptPonyholder

Post by CaptPonyholder »

Hm? Unsure. If I were a lot more sociable and less into gaming everyone (Honestly, I feel like I would be Keima from TWGOK), then I would do... decently. As I was playing the game, I felt a lot like Hisao. At first the issues with everyone was jarring. After a while it turned into mild curiosity and after that it just sorta blended in. Became normal. I would have been far more blunt with the girls than Hisao was. For instance on Hanako I wouldn't have had sex with her like a moron. I would have sat her down, had a chat and talked it all out. Emi I would have done what Hisao did for the most part, except be a tad more blunt and persistent on the opening up and me-not-leaving parts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

CaptPonyholder wrote:Hm? Unsure. If I were a lot more sociable and less into gaming everyone (Honestly, I feel like I would be Keima from TWGOK), then I would do... decently. As I was playing the game, I felt a lot like Hisao. At first the issues with everyone was jarring. After a while it turned into mild curiosity and after that it just sorta blended in. Became normal. I would have been far more blunt with the girls than Hisao was. For instance on Hanako I wouldn't have had sex with her like a moron. I would have sat her down, had a chat and talked it all out. Emi I would have done what Hisao did for the most part, except be a tad more blunt and persistent on the opening up and me-not-leaving parts.
For the spoiler part, you probably need to let her know that having sex is not equal to being an adult.

Dream

Post by Dream »

Highly depends at which point in you life you asked me this. If it were from the start of 2012 or so, then most certainly i would have gotten a bad ending. If you asked me since the start of November or so, however, things change drastically.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos