What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Selim Bradley

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Selim Bradley »

pandaphil wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote: She was also only 8 when it happened, so while growing up the scar tissue would've stretched and lessened how bad it looked overall.

Edit: Post 117! As a Halo fan, I had to comment on it. :mrgreen:

Congrats Selim. :) And good point. The scars would have faded after ten years. But *sigh* the thought of a pretty little 8 year old girl going through burn recovery just breaks my heart. From what i've heard, its a pretty horrible ordeal.
:cry:
It is. On a happier note, if it never happened she'd have never met such true friends as Lilly and Hisao.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:From what i've heard, its a pretty horrible ordeal. :cry:
Why did you copy Selim's quote and paste it outside the quote tags? :lol:

And no shit recovering from burns is a bad ordeal. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:From what i've heard, its a pretty horrible ordeal. :cry:
Why did you copy Selim's quote and paste it outside the quote tags? :lol:

And no shit recovering from burns is a bad ordeal. :P
Because apparently I'm an idiot. Thanks for pointing it out.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Selim Bradley wrote:
pandaphil wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote: She was also only 8 when it happened, so while growing up the scar tissue would've stretched and lessened how bad it looked overall.

Edit: Post 117! As a Halo fan, I had to comment on it. :mrgreen:

Congrats Selim. :) And good point. The scars would have faded after ten years. But *sigh* the thought of a pretty little 8 year old girl going through burn recovery just breaks my heart. From what i've heard, its a pretty horrible ordeal.
:cry:
It is. On a happier note, if it never happened she'd have never met such true friends as Lilly and Hisao.
You only get one shot at living your life. What is past cannot be undone. The only way you can do anything is to roll with the punches.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Anyway, I forgot the whole scene on the rooftop with Emi just prior to the trip to the cemetary that just ran the entire gamut of emotions. :cry:
Attachments
lose.jpg
lose.jpg (287.26 KiB) Viewed 3627 times
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Umber

Post by Umber »

pandaphil wrote:Anyway, I forgot the whole scene on the rooftop with Emi just prior to the trip to the cemetary that just ran the entire gamut of emotions. :cry:
That's when my frustration with Hisao turned into me BSoD'ing for a day or two.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but almost every scene with Hanako. Every ounce of happiness/sadness multiplies tenfold in that arc.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:Anyway, I forgot the whole scene on the rooftop with Emi just prior to the trip to the cemetary that just ran the entire gamut of emotions. :cry:
Oh man how could I ever forget that one? :cry:
And yea the Hanako ups and downs were so high and so low, it was very emotional.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Umber wrote:
I don't understand, why were you frustrated with Hisao at that moment?
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Umber

Post by Umber »

Dream wrote:
Umber wrote:
I don't understand, why were you frustrated with Hisao at that moment?
It wasn't at that exact moment. It was from before, when Hisao kept pushing against Emi (not an anal joke), who was, in turn, pushing him away...because she loved him? I don't know how to phrase things, but you get the idea. You mayn't have, but that comes with my being terrible at words.

Then, after all that frustration with Hisao, the graveyard was sort of a flashback to my childhood. /shutdown_Umber.exe
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I think she did love him. But her fear of showing weakness and admitting to anyone she needed help just overpowered it, and it was tearing her up inside.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:I think she did love him. But her fear of showing weakness and admitting to anyone she needed help just overpowered it, and it was tearing her up inside.
Agreed. It's not exactly the easiest to ask someone for help. I know the feeling, and usually ended up just pushing people away. I guess it's kind of funny when you think about it, how something that's supposed to be so simple can be made impossible.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Umber

Post by Umber »

pandaphil wrote:I think she did love him. But her fear of showing weakness and admitting to anyone she needed help just overpowered it, and it was tearing her up inside.
Oh, so she's one of those. There's a trope for that, I know there is.

I'm just thankful for that I hit a good ending with her. Not the very good ending, but the good ending. It pained me to know that there was a better way to end Emi's story, that I didn't reach it, but hey, what can I do? I'm not after the completion, I'm after a nice story that'll wrench my heart like a towel, till the wet stuff's all gone. And I got one. Thanks, Hive. Gratz, Emi. Love and hugs and care and anal and whatnot.

@SpecimenSix: Us humans are strange. Emotions get in the way of a lot of things.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote:
Oh, so she's one of those. There's a trope for that, I know there is.

I'm just thankful for that I hit a good ending with her. Not the very good ending, but the good ending. It pained me to know that there was a better way to end Emi's story, that I didn't reach it, but hey, what can I do? I'm not after the completion, I'm after a nice story that'll wrench my heart like a towel, till the wet stuff's all gone. And I got one. Thanks, Hive. Gratz, Emi. Love and hugs and care and anal and whatnot.

@SpecimenSix: Us humans are strange. Emotions get in the way of a lot of things.
Unfortunately so. And I think I got her "best" ending. I'm going to have to go back and get her other ones. Emi's was the first arc I did so I didn't make sure to go back and get the bad ending too. :lol:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Turns out theres an alternate path to her good ending at the very end of Chapter 3 that I didn't realize til I watched a Let's Play last night.

Theres the rooftop scene, but also one where you talk to Misha, who convinces you to go apologize to her, and you play out a very similar scene out on the track.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:Turns out theres an alternate path to her good ending at the very end of Chapter 3 that I didn't realize til I watched a Let's Play last night.

Theres the rooftop scene, but also one where you talk to Misha, who convinces you to go apologize to her, and you play out a very similar scene out on the track.
Oh my I never knew about any alternate paths. I'll have to go back through her arc this weekend.