What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dream

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:Because I'm bored, here's the events that led me here that I previously said I wouldn't detail:

1) I stabbed a mentally challenged classmate (I forget what he did but it was very minor...Just enough to snap though, given my tendency toward repression.)...
Shit man, it seems our backstories are awfully similar. Most of mine involves online things rather than anything in real life itself (and i didn't stab anyone in the neck) and it ended with a bittersweet self-realization rather than finding KS, but aside from that, the parallels are surprising. I think i should write about it, but unfortunately right now i'm pressed for time, sorry about that.

And on topic: The only scene where i cried is Hanako's good ending, and nowhere else. I might have gotten teary or weepy in other parts, but i don't remember it if that's the case.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
baggypantsman

Post by baggypantsman »

I haven't cried while playing the game, but I felt like I HAD been crying throughout the end of Lilly's good ending.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Probably either Emi's funeral scene or Rin's bad end - it's been a while by now...
Hanako's good end scene in the park should be close behind.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'm a very emotional person, although I usually just get watery eyes rather than actually shedding tears.

So far I've only finished Emi's arc, and gone partly through Hanako's, so I know I've got a lot more feels to look forward to. I think the scene in Hanako's room after recovering from her panic attack is the one that's hit me the hardest.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv13 ... 65f778.jpg

I can't even look at this picture without getting choked up. :(
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Powermad80

Post by Powermad80 »

I never actually cried, only experienced intense feels, but the most emotional one for me was in Lilly's arc, scene Crescendo, out in the wheat fields.

Not a day goes by that I don't start up the game and replay that one a few times.
Lilly, every night I sleep hoping I'll dream of her; every morning I wake up hoping today will be the day I find her.

Lilly: True Love
Emi: Fitness Trainer
Hanako: Billiards partner
Rin: Philosophy Major
Shizune: Starcraft II Teammate
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

The scene where Hisao and Hanako are in the park, opening up to each other and Hanako breaks down and cries... Fuckin a...

Then the scene with Hanako in her room after her panic attack.

The Crescendo scene with Hisao and Lilly.

The scene with Hisao and Lilly in the hospital after his second heart attack.

Emi and Hisao in the graveyard at her fathers grave.

Those were all painful, but I think the first one got me the most.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
TheIllusiveMan

Post by TheIllusiveMan »

The scene with Rin in act 3 Where she first tells you that in order to destroy her old self, you must stay away.
My favorite girl :)
Silverbullet312

Post by Silverbullet312 »

For the most part, I just got choked up a bit throughout. The only scenes I all-out cried in were Hanako's good ending and Lilly's.
RagnasEdge

Post by RagnasEdge »

I cried during practically all of the good endings. Especially Rin's because of Hisao's description of her. Well, not so much cried as held back tears. Although, to confess, now I can't even look at the Katawa Shoujo icon without getting a weird feeling in my stomach. Hanako's played a big part during the park scene to my crying as well. When that was shortly followed by her embracing you, I was crying at that point.
"Screw math. It's boring as hell." - Miki
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Makes me wonder. Does this game effect everyone like this, or are we all just way too sensitive?

It'd be the latter for me. :)
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
RagnasEdge

Post by RagnasEdge »

I'm probably the least sensitive guy at my high school. Although, I was forced to watch kittens kicked for over two hours once, due to something that I am not going to explain at all.
For me it's because I have yet to experience love, not even true love. So it hits me pretty hard just to actually see it form before my eyes, and it will likely be something I will never experience.
"Screw math. It's boring as hell." - Miki
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

hoopy wrote:Tears are always manly when playing KS. :lol:
Even if you are a woman. Especially if you are a woman.

Anyway, Hanako's Good End has had me in tears pretty much every time I've played through it.
Other scenes or bits that get to me:
Lilly's confession.
Rin's "I have no idea what's wrong with me!" She just seems so lost right then. Even more so than is usual for Rin, I mean.
If you choose to talk with Emi's mom rather than follow Emi, Emi's "You promised!" when she returns. For some reason, I can almost hear the hurt in those two words.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

emmjay wrote:
hoopy wrote:Tears are always manly when playing KS. :lol:
Even if you are a woman. Especially if you are a woman.
Now that just doesn't make sense. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
bahamit_147

Post by bahamit_147 »

A few times I had tears well a little in some of the scenes, however the only one that actually made tears fall at all was the good ending for Lily, the only bad ending I got unintentionally was Rin's and as stressed as she made me I didn't cry, just got more frustrated. As I did the rest of the bad endings for the sake of seeing more of the characters, I was more angry and Hisao than feeling the sad emotions I normally would have.
Parliament

Post by Parliament »

I remember getting choked up near the end of Lilly's good ending when Hisao is running to the airport, while simultaneously thinking 'is this seriously how this path is going to end?' I loved Lilly's path but the ending seemed cheesed up, almost unbelievably so for me so that made it a bit harder to suspend my disbelief.

I also remember shedding manly tears at Rin's good and neutral endings, obviously for different reasons. The neutral ending seemed worse than the bad one to me, being told by someone that they will forget you or that you need to forget them is just about the most painful thing I could imagine.
After getting Rin's neutral ending I had to replay the good one for her and Emi to cure the feels =)
I wish I had some kind of succinct piece of wisdom to put here. Oh well, bathrobes are comfy =)