What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by pandaphil »

KanKan wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Finally started Rin's arc. I hope things pick up soon.
Oh, you have no idea what you're in for...
He's right, it get's better. I found myself near tears at the end xP
That's what I needed to hear. Thanks guys.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Praygon

Post by Praygon »

pretty much all of hanako's arc in the scenes where she opened up I had a tear or two in my eyes but the part that had me in tears was her good ending it was a strange mix of happiness and mild depression that there was no more of hanako's story to be done (apart from her bad ending but....shut up im not a sissy i dont care about hurting fictional characters...............) never the less iv been sitting at home feeling uplifted and at a loss of what to do next Thank god i choose to finish her story on a sunday.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Praygon wrote:pretty much all of hanako's arc in the scenes where she opened up I had a tear or two in my eyes but the part that had me in tears was her good ending it was a strange mix of happiness and mild depression that there was no more of hanako's story to be done (apart from her bad ending but....shut up im not a sissy i dont care about hurting fictional characters...............) never the less iv been sitting at home feeling uplifted and at a loss of what to do next Thank god i choose to finish her story on a sunday.
Do her bad ending. :twisted:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Praygon

Post by Praygon »

Xanatos wrote:
Do her bad ending. :twisted:
OH great dark lord xanatos the bad ending sacrifice has been made and the verdict is in....it didnt feel as bad as I thought it would (mainly because i only accept the good ending as the real one in my mind) but also because seeing the other endings just made hanako's back story even deeper especially when you see the anger from her bad ending I would not like to see her snap that's for sure.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Wow, reading through some of these is quite powerful. And here I thought my emotional responses were very powerful! I can't say I really cried myself to sleep much, but I did have rather strong responses to certain scenes. I can't really rank them either, they kind of all hit me the same.

The first time I read 'Equivalent Exchange", I cried for at least 10 minutes. Not sobbing, but I believe what they refer to as weeping. Genuine tears while covering my head with my shirt and sniffing so I don't get all uncomfortable with snot coming out of my nose. :lol:

Seriously, that hit me hard, especially at the precise moment where they show you the little drawing Hanako did and she says, "After that, I was alone." That's when it all hit me and I was down. I cried pondering what she must have went through, the pain, the loss of her parents, the time suffering and recovering in the hospital, especially the way Hisao described his thoughts on it. I know in my heart I can't relate to such things and that made me cry more.

The second big cry moment was while Hanako was having her panic attack. Seeing her sitting at the desk, frozen in fear and then her eyes closing with the tears coming down her face. By then I was already very well attached to her, even more than Hisao. I cried cause I just got that helpless feeling, that there's nothing you can do for her without making her feel worse and drawing more attention to her, ugh, it really hurt. Helping her get to the Nurse was okay, but then they play Painful History again and that's when I was down for another 10 to 15 minutes or so crying about it.

The third, and biggest, moment, was Whispered Touch. When you finally see Hanako's back scars for the first time, and they show you the gallery picture, I just lost it. I took one look at her before she even said anything, and I just cried hard for a long time. Then as she's describing the fire in more detail, the part that hit me hardest was when she was like "I curled into a ball as the fire swept over me... my mother tried to shield me... That's the only reason I lived." That hit me so hard, I cried for her even more then. The thoughts were really going through my mind, the reason this girl stands before me today, is because her mother gave up her life. It hurts so bad then, and you just wish there was something you could do, anything, to take the pain away and make her feel better.

The way she says "I'm sorry for making you see this" and "I know I'm not pretty like Lilly..." are such touching moments. I wanted to be like "But Hanako, you are beautiful... you are so beautiful..." all while weeping and hugging her around her shoulders. She's not ugly, she's not a monster, and her body is beautiful... a grave injury doesn't change that.

All these things are why I just cannot understand anyone who calls Hanako's route "boring." I simply find that appalling. How can someone think such a deep, touching story is boring? You go light yourself on fire at 8 years old and lose both your parents, and tell me how you feel then!
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

What scene made you "cry" the most
Suspicious quotation marks are suspicious, but I digress
First playthrough: Emi, plenty of feels and a sense of connection but I only teared up at the ending. (I have only done good endings btw)
Second playthrough: Hanako: Teared up when she first tells you about the fire, second when she divulges her past while playing pool with Hisao. I actually cried at her ending.
Third and final playthrough: Rin: crying was a regular occurence during and after playing, from a little before act 3 all the way to the ending. The ending reduced me to a sad heap of man, crying himself to sleep for the first time in years. I still have moments where I will tear up and sometimes actively sob.
Rin Kin
I have a very strong Rin-bias
"Just be"
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

The ending scene from Hanako's route was very touching. It was sad, but it was also a happy moment. The entire route is quite a emotional roller coaster. Happy moment, sad moment, happy moment, sad moment. I felt the most sympathy towards Hanako. I cried for the first time in literally years during the ending of Hanako's route.

I also couldn't help but cry during Lilly's route too. When she decided to go back with her family and just leave her lover and best friend, that's some pretty emotional shit. I was on the verge of screaming at the screen telling her to stay with Hisao and Hanako. But I'd look pretty silly if I were to do that :P

The other routes aren't as touching as these two. I found myself very bored throughout most of Shizune's route. And although I loved Emi's route, it just wasn't as beautiful and touching as Lilly's and Hanako's in my humble opinion.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I love it so much here. Where else are you going so many people being honest and up front about their feelings with a bunch of total strangers. It really makes me feel so much better about humanity in general. Thanks.

Currently partway through Act 2 of my forth playthrough, and there are so many scenes that've made me teary-eyed I don't even know where to begin. All the usual scenes of course, and definitely all of the endings I've played. But its a safe bet that whenever "Comfort" or "Innocence" pop up in the soundtrack, then the tears are gonna start to flow. Hell, just listening to those tracks by themselves are enough to get me going.

As well as "Lullaby of Open Eyes" and "Wiosna" to a lesser extent.
Last edited by pandaphil on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
yrzero

Post by yrzero »

KeiichiO wrote:I also couldn't help but cry during Lilly's route too. When she decided to go back with her family and just leave her lover and best friend, that's some pretty emotional shit. I was on the verge of screaming at the screen telling her to stay with Hisao and Hanako. But I'd look pretty silly if I were to do that :P

Oh man... That bit got me good... I'm not sure what it was about her leaving that made me start to fall apart, but it made a mess of me!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:her body is beautiful... a grave injury doesn't change that.

You go light yourself on fire at 8 years old and lose both your parents, and tell me how you feel then!
A) That is complete and total bullshit. Just google 'burn victim'. Hanako's scarring isn't so bad (some with similar scarring look fine, if minorly disfigured) but there are plenty of ways a grave injury can utterly ruin physical beauty.

B) ...How would that in any way give them new appreciation for Hanako's route not being boring? Think, man!
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
A) That is complete and total bullshit. Just google 'burn victim'. Hanako's scarring isn't so bad (some with similar scarring look fine, if minorly disfigured) but there are plenty of ways a grave injury can utterly ruin physical beauty.

B) ...How would that in any way give them new appreciation for Hanako's route not being boring? Think, man!
Thats true, some burn scars can be pretty horrific. I'm thinking Hanako got off relatively easy, or else the artists downplayed he damage somewhat in their art. Or she had a lot of cosmetic work done.

In any case, its the scars on the inside that are much, much worse.

I suppose if a persons not much of a reader to begin with they might find some of the stories boring. I've done 4 out of 5 so far and have never found it a problem.
Last edited by pandaphil on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Emi's arc in general, but the nightmare scene to be specific. I lost my father in a car crash, and to hear her shout out "Dad!" made me hide in a corner for a while. To then figure out that it was through a car crash as well I almost threw my laptop at the wall.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Umber wrote:Emi's arc in general, but the nightmare scene to be specific. I lost my father in a car crash, and to hear her shout out "Dad!" made me hide in a corner for a while. To then figure out that it was through a car crash as well I almost threw my laptop at the wall.
In a way, it's good that 4LS didn't tell us the cause of the crash. If it's because of drunk driving, I swear I'll go grab the next convicted drunk driver in my area and throttle him.
pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Thats true, some burn scars can be pretty horrific. I'm thinking Hanako got off relatively easy, or else the artists downplayed he damage somewhat in their art. Or she had a lot of cosmetic work done.

In any case, its the scars on the inside that are much, much worse.

I suppose if a persons not much of a reader to begin with they might find some of the stories boring. I've done 4 out of 5 so far and have never found it a problem.
It's negative feedback. I do wonder: If Hanako accepts an offer for reconstructive surgery...
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Thats true, some burn scars can be pretty horrific. I'm thinking Hanako got off relatively easy, or else the artists downplayed he damage somewhat in their art. Or she had a lot of cosmetic work done.
Well, she was protected by her parents...They got the worst of it. I've seen a few people with scars like Hanako's, not quite so bad. I'd find the pics again for reference but I'd have to search through the worse pics and no offense to the victims but it makes me physically ill to look at them.

@YZQ: I doubt it was drunk driving. Meiko would have hinted at it.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Thats true, some burn scars can be pretty horrific. I'm thinking Hanako got off relatively easy, or else the artists downplayed he damage somewhat in their art. Or she had a lot of cosmetic work done.
Well, she was protected by her parents...They got the worst of it. I've seen a few people with scars like Hanako's, not quite so bad. I'd find the pics again for reference but I'd have to search through the worse pics and no offense to the victims but it makes me physically ill to look at them.

@YZQ: I doubt it was drunk driving. Meiko would have hinted at it.
Burned Hanako's house? Kenji.
Went down the opposite lane on the freeway? Kenji.
It's always Kenji...

Look at all the black streaks.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.