What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

swerty101

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by swerty101 »

When Hanako asked me for the chocolate,(im not good under pressure)
Kidnapping? I prefer the term "Surprise Adoption" (Insert Rape Face Here)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

SpunkySix wrote:
I honestly found that the graveyard scene, as sad as it was, was also a really touching moment too. Having your guard up all the time hurts. This sweet, tough little girl finally allows herself to open up and let the pain out with somebody she can trust, and the two are finally getting closer because of it. I could almost feel the hug there. And maybe it's weird, but I feel like the warm tears would have been kind of comforting when they dripped down onto my shirt. I saw it less as a bad painful thing and more of a relief painful thing, so to me, the tears were representative of something dark being released, and being a part of that would be really nice.

And then of course there's the scene after, which is probably one of the most genuine, innocent depictions of love-making I've seen in a piece of media. Not that I've really seen a ton, but still, it seemed heartfelt instead of just being a hormone-induced poundfest.
THIS^

I may favor Shizune more than the rest of the female casts, but the scenes that compelled me and strike me most effectively are in Emi's route. It's...beautiful.

If we're talking about long-term relationship/commitment (probably into marriage) to tag along with it, only Emi and Shizune's are viable--with Hanako coming really-really close. Lilly's has about 50:50, and Rin depends on how much Hisao can tolerate it any further (note, all of the KS route only took place up until mid-graduation in high school, not including university-years, with only Shizune's route that touches how both her and Hisao are going together to the same school)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Megumeru wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
I honestly found that the graveyard scene, as sad as it was, was also a really touching moment too. Having your guard up all the time hurts. This sweet, tough little girl finally allows herself to open up and let the pain out with somebody she can trust, and the two are finally getting closer because of it. I could almost feel the hug there. And maybe it's weird, but I feel like the warm tears would have been kind of comforting when they dripped down onto my shirt. I saw it less as a bad painful thing and more of a relief painful thing, so to me, the tears were representative of something dark being released, and being a part of that would be really nice.

And then of course there's the scene after, which is probably one of the most genuine, innocent depictions of love-making I've seen in a piece of media. Not that I've really seen a ton, but still, it seemed heartfelt instead of just being a hormone-induced poundfest.
THIS^

I may favor Shizune more than the rest of the female casts, but the scenes that compelled me and strike me most effectively are in Emi's route. It's...beautiful.

If we're talking about long-term relationship/commitment (probably into marriage) to tag along with it, only Emi and Shizune's are viable--with Hanako coming really-really close. Lilly's has about 50:50, and Rin depends on how much Hisao can tolerate it any further (note, all of the KS route only took place up until mid-graduation in high school, not including university-years, with only Shizune's route that touches how both her and Hisao are going together to the same school)
I feel as though the Lilly route has slightly more than a 50:50 chance of working out in the long term. That's just me though.
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Zerero

Post by Zerero »

Megumeru wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:

THIS^

False tho, the end of Lilly's route directly addresses the issue of Lilly and Hisao going to the same school. Hisao wants to become a science teacher and Lilly wants to become an english teacher; Akira brings up something and Lilly goes on about how they'll most likely be going to the same school since they both have high enough marks. Hisao expresses doubt and Lilly reassures him but telling him that he's better than her in both math and science. Something along those lines.

I feel like along with the added closure, Lilly's route assures that their relationship has a higher chance than 50:50 of lasting long-term.
Favorite girl: Lilly

Great game, too many feels.

Lilly>Hanako=Emi>Shizune>Rin
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Zerero wrote:
Megumeru wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:

THIS^

False tho, the end of Lilly's route directly addresses the issue of Lilly and Hisao going to the same school. Hisao wants to become a science teacher and Lilly wants to become an english teacher; Akira brings up something and Lilly goes on about how they'll most likely be going to the same school since they both have high enough marks. Hisao expresses doubt and Lilly reassures him but telling him that he's better than her in both math and science. Something along those lines.

I feel like along with the added closure, Lilly's route assures that their relationship has a higher chance than 50:50 of lasting long-term.
I almost felt that it was as sure a thing as Emi's route to be honest. As well as the likelihood of them attending the same university together, Lilly was open with Hisao and not being as closed off as she was earlier on in the route. I felt like they had a strong relationship, one that could definitely last.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Zerero wrote:

Huh, really? I have to reread the epilogue again and comeback to that.

Thing is, her route ended in the middle of a school year (summer, possibly around August) and it is still too far for further confirmation; possibly the shortest timeline-wise of all, alongside Hanako's.

Hanako has a much higher chance than Lilly considering her psyche, (and Hisao has to be such a dick to crush her by breaking her heart for something) followed with the bond they shared that is evidently enforced.

Now, on Lilly's honesty at the end, maybe it's just me but it felt...temporary. It's like...hmm.
How many of you stopped touching yourself for a few days or month after finishing KS then doing it again after?

It feels like that, more or less

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Zerero

Post by Zerero »

Megumeru wrote:
Zerero wrote:

Huh, really? I have to reread the epilogue again and comeback to that.

Thing is, her route ended in the middle of a school year (summer, possibly around August) and it is still too far for further confirmation; possibly the shortest timeline-wise of all, alongside Hanako's.

Hanako has a much higher chance than Lilly considering her psyche, (and Hisao has to be such a dick to crush her by breaking her heart for something) followed with the bond they shared that is evidently enforced.

Now, on Lilly's honesty at the end, maybe it's just me but it felt...temporary. It's like...hmm.
How many of you stopped touching yourself for a few days or month after finishing KS then doing it again after?

Are you sure? Lilly's route ended at the beginning of summer vacation. Summer vacation in Japan is the same as in the United States, but shorter (between 6 and 14 weeks); the transition between school years. I could be off on this, I'm not an expert on Japanese schooling. But I don't think it was the middle of the school year. They took finals and whatnot and Hisao was going to stay with his parents for the duration until yanno... he went after Lilly

I think looking into Lilly's relationship with Hisao differs with your experience from the route. I didn't see any 'trademark' dishonesty in Lilly's character, just one major 'stepping stone' in their relationship concerning Lilly moving to Scotland. Either way, I'd like to think Hisao would spend the rest of his days with any of the Katawas. :D
Favorite girl: Lilly

Great game, too many feels.

Lilly>Hanako=Emi>Shizune>Rin
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Megumeru wrote:How many of you stopped touching yourself for a few days or month after finishing KS then doing it again after?

I feel like I'd have more commitment if I actually went through the experience. Which isn't to negate what you're saying because I haven't read the route so I don't know for sure, but it seems to me like actually going through everything they did would make the change a lot more permanent than that.

And shut up, you don't know my life, you don't know that I did that, except I totally did for like, four days, it kind of sucked. Broke a long-standing record tho. :D
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

A few thoughts on life after Lilly's epilogue:

Lilly has some pretty serious abandonment issues (witness how she demands that Hisao stay with her forever) and repression issues (witness how she does this while knowing her family wants her to move to Scotland). Once she's chosen Hisao, especially to the point of being willing to defy her family for him, I think she'd stick to him like superglue. For Hisao's part, throughout the route he's been pretty content to let Lilly take the lead. So I think Lilly and Hisao could stay together for a long time, basically because their neurosis would dovetail nicely.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Liminaut wrote:A few thoughts on life after Lilly's epilogue:

Lilly has some pretty serious abandonment issues (witness how she demands that Hisao stay with her forever) and repression issues (witness how she does this while knowing her family wants her to move to Scotland). Once she's chosen Hisao, especially to the point of being willing to defy her family for him, I think she'd stick to him like superglue. For Hisao's part, throughout the route he's been pretty content to let Lilly take the lead. So I think Lilly and Hisao could stay together for a long time, basically because their neurosis would dovetail nicely.
That's another good point. I actually completely forgot about that scene (as an aside, also one I caught an extreme case of the feels from). I think I might have to have another playthrough...
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

She's neurotically yours, you might say to Hisao.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

That's fair enough.

Summer vacation here starts from late July through September; note we do not have winter (or Christmas holidays), but we do have New Year holiday (which is the winter holiday), which marks the finals of a 'year' (graduation in spring).

Lilly's route ends at the start of Summer vacation, which is the end of mid-terms.
Hanako's end before that.
Emi's end around...was it the end of Summer vacation, or the start of fall semester?
Rin's around mid-summer, I believe.
Shizune's the only one that lasted up until graduation, which is in Spring.

Which then put up the question how many 'bland' days Hisao has to put up through considering the length of the VN and how he start around April (I'm guessing around April 15th+ since he's the only 'oddity'/transfer student and we didn't get to see the entrance ceremony. Damn you protagonist...)

SHII-HAEL!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Megumeru wrote:

That's fair enough.

Emi's end around...was it the end of Summer vacation, or the start of fall semester?/quote]

I was under the impression that it was slightly before Summer vacation, actually. It ends not too long after final exams, and they're still in school after the grave scene, before which only the final scene takes place in Emi's room. It seemed like it was leading into the break, if anything, unless I missed a time skip somehow.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

SpunkySix wrote:
I was under the impression that it was slightly before Summer vacation, actually. It ends not too long after final exams, and they're still in school after the grave scene, before which only the final scene takes place in Emi's room. It seemed like it was leading into the break, if anything, unless I missed a time skip somehow.
The one difficult thing in analysing multiple-routes VN is the time length as time-skips are littered everywhere (if everything is written day by day, it will be called a 'Katawa Nikki'/Disability Diary instead). So far, the only evident and clear timeline is in Shizune's route, reaching up to Spring of the next year--graduation.

The rest falls before that, mostly.

SHII-HAEL!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I will note that there's inconsistencies re: when summer vacation actually starts in the VN, versus when it starts in reality.

However, graduation is near the end of March (and the beginning of the school year is April 1) - this isn't stated in canon, but it's the way this works in Japan.

Also, Hisao started on June 4.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!