What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BMFJack

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by BMFJack »

Ibinsned wrote:I think Emi's route deserves more appreciation for how good it is.
I couldn't agree more, despite never crying during Emi's route. I think I liked Emi's route so much because of how frustrating it is; until the latter parts anyway. The route itself is a bit transparent, but I think that was something that was utilized to show exactly how clueless Hisao can be sometimes.

On a mildly on-topic note, I have never cried because I was so happy. I've never understood the crying while happy thing, I can only cry when extremely sad, and even then it's a choked effort.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

BMFJack wrote:On a mildly on-topic note, I have never cried because I was so happy. I've never understood the crying while happy thing, I can only cry when extremely sad, and even then it's a choked effort.
Y'know, usually that's true for me, but I did tear up a little with Rin's good ending recently. She just goes through so much internal turmoil that seeing her in a place of comfort for a little bit struck a chord with me.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
d2r

Post by d2r »

BMFJack wrote:On a mildly on-topic note, I have never cried because I was so happy. I've never understood the crying while happy thing, I can only cry when extremely sad, and even then it's a choked effort.
Holy crap, I'm not alone!
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Never cried due to just happiness. Laughed too hard and started to tear up, yes. I was also once sad and happy, and that caused a single tear. Now, that said, I am widely considered a cold person, so take that as you will.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Yeh I dont think many people cry because they are extremely happy or something. Sure some do but I think its more the image we have from hollywood flicks then real life people.

As for me I am a pretty emotional guy and if something sad happens or resonates with me I do shed a tear or two, but I tend not let others see it or try to at least but no I dont cry from happiness.

There are many scenes I shed some tears in KS, basically every sad or emotional scenes lol. Though I dont remember tearing much or any at all during Shizune's or Rin's, since they werent my favorite routes.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Ibinsned

Post by Ibinsned »

I don't cry when I'm happy, but sometimes I do if I laugh my ass off. So yeah.
DSQ

Post by DSQ »

The scene with Rin where you can end the route early. I actually cried for 10 minuets, full on sobs.

In the end I like Lily's route the best (especially since I'm from Scotland, although I don't know of any international business run from Inverness! Aberdeen has Oil, Edinburgh (yay!) has banking, Glasgow as the HQ's for a ton of Scotland's export businesses like shortbread, textiles and whiskey but Inverness... has the fact that it's the biggest city in the highlands.) but Rin touched my heart deeply.
azarga

Post by azarga »

I have a wierd experience, because the scene that made me cry the most was Shizune's good ending.

Not because the ending itself, but because it accentuates, that the whole high-school love has pretty unstable foundation and can just be dragged apart by lovers taking a different paths in life. And that applies to all paths.
That moment I felt - again - the feels from other "good endings", this time multiplied by the realization of the fact how fragile all this happines is.
I was so frustrated by their acknowledment of that possible parting. Warning, IRL parallelsMe and my wife went through somewhat similar experience in our life, and we overcame, in Hisao/Shizune's case seeing lack of determination to overcome is jarring.

"We will meet again" just crushed me. I keep pushing the feels away, but they always come back.

Katawa helped me improve myself a lot, but it also left ever-bleeding wounds in my soul. And every re-reading adds in both aspects. And every time with damage amplification on Shizune path.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

azarga wrote:[spoilerin Hisao/Shizune's case seeing lack of determination to overcome is jarring[/spoiler].
It's a good thing that they are determined then...
philantro

Post by philantro »

It was the time when i've finished 3 routes, with shizune being my 4th one. Now, mind you, she wasn't my favorit girl, in fact, i would say she's the least. 8)

But her route have the most impact in my life. it was at the staircase scene, the Parfait scene. Hisao was talking with Misha. One particular sentence stood out. "You wake up, and one day you realized that all your friends are gone" that hit me hard. Because i was at a dark time back then. Feeling alone because i have no friends. I cried. Hisao understood how i felt. Somebody understands . And in the ending,it all comes down to one sentence "live a happy life.life's too short.be happy"

And after that,i became more intelligent ( i would even dare to say that KS boosts my intelligence ), more confidence, and overall more happy than i've ever been. and i don't regret a thing :wink:
StalkR

Post by StalkR »

Scene that made me cry the most huh?

Well tbh Emi's route with the graveyard scene made me cry like hell and add that with the "So what do you want to do today, Hisao" end line wasted my lifetime by 5 minutes of crying.

But the one that made me cry the most is Rin's neutral ending. I remember crying the whole night just because of the sentence "I can't hug you"

I don't know the bulk of why I cried but the scene just melted me like a fondue, burning from the flame below
"You can forget someone you love, but never forget the love you had for someone"

Hey, check me out on Steam if you have time. Maybe we can play together sometime
http://steamcommunity.com/id/stalkingdog/

-StalkR... or someone
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Honestly I have only done Hanako's and Lilly's route (Taking a feels break), but Hanako's entire route struck a chord with me. I nearly cried when she said she was worthless, and the two hugged in the park. Hanako's story took a baseball bat to my heart. I cried because although I'm a guy (lol), Hanako's experiences felt similar to mine. I was never bullied, but I always felt distant due to autism, and my freinds kept leaving. I just wanna see Hanako happy, and my stoic expression melts when she is. I just wish I was in the game instead of Hisao, as I feel he could have been more tactful and understanding.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

as I feel he could have been more tactful and understanding.
Considering all of Hanako's issues and the issues Hisao is working through as well (many of them being quite similiar) it's remarkable that he does as well as he does.

Keep in mind that before Hisao, Hanako has managed to make ONE friend in TEN years, and that friend can't even see her.
Not Dead Yet
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Oddball wrote:
Considering all of Hanako's issues and the issues Hisao is working through as well (many of them being quite similiar) it's remarkable that he does as well as he does.

Keep in mind that before Hisao, Hanako has managed to make ONE friend in TEN years, and that friend can't even see her.
Fair point. I just feel that he could have been a little less pushy and forced sometimes. He can be a huge idiot at times.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Suzaku wrote:
Oddball wrote:

Fair point. I just feel that he could have been a little less pushy and forced sometimes. He can be a huge idiot at times.
He's a teenager.

Still, there's tendency to blame Hisao for everything when it mist cases, it's every bit as much the girls fault as it is his.

Part of the problem is that Hanako often needs a good strong push to do anything and she wasn't exactly forthcoming with any explanations that would have made things easier either. That's really the major problem their relationship faced. We had two people that were both going through some rough times and didn't want to talk about it and that caused them to bounce off each other alot.

Hanako needs help. She needs a lot of help. She's also doesn't want anyone to offer help because she sees that as a sign of pity. Hisao trying to help her wasn't a bad thing, but doing it on her birthday was the wrong time to do so. Not that he knew that because Hanako never talks about these things herself.
Not Dead Yet