What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

azumeow

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by azumeow »

Lilly's good ending. Made me realize that I'm going to die alone and miserable if I don't change something in my life.

Two years later, and I can at least open up to people easier.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

The closest I've been to crying is basically the last crumbs of Hanako's from Agreeing with Lilly to the bit at the park. reminded me of who I am inside and all that. Perhaps it's a bit strange to say, but I think this game may get me to retract into my real person, and shed away who I've been acting as for a while.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

I never cried, but I verged on three occasions.

Hanako route spoilers:

1. First, the scene where Hanako tells Hisao about what happened to her. Her face, the crayon drawing, and the music, worst of all the music, got me very close to tears.

2. Second, the scene where she has a panic attack in class, and the bedroom scene afterwards. Seeing ma waifu like that... Dreadful, painful, burning horrific agony

3. Finally, the ending. Tears of joy were almost shed.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

azumeow wrote:Made me realize that I'm going to die alone and miserable if I don't change something in my life.
I mean, really, that has its perks. More ice cream for me... because, y'know, nobody to share it with... woo.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

While like i said before, KS never made me "Cry", it did however make me realise I am very weak to blushes. Most specifically the ones on Rins route and shizunes.
They just make me Da'ww out loud.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Emi going to her dad's grave

Hands down, saddest part in the entire visual novel in my opinion. I cried worse than I've ever cried before, essentially turned into a nice big squishy pile of human sadness :(. Although it was also the most inspirational moment in the novel for me, to take what you love and continue doing it; in memory of the person you love.
Potato

Post by Potato »

YutoTheOrc wrote:Although it was also the most inspirational moment in the novel for me, to take what you love and continue doing it; in memory of the person you love...
...And transform it into a profoundly unhealthy and damaging coping mechanism for all the shit you refuse to deal with properly, inherently perverting the joy of the original activity in a way that would very deeply disappoint that person.

Bit of a broken aesop, really...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
YutoTheOrc wrote:Although it was also the most inspirational moment in the novel for me, to take what you love and continue doing it; in memory of the person you love...
...And transform it into a profoundly unhealthy and damaging coping mechanism for all the shit you refuse to deal with properly, inherently perverting the joy of the original activity in a way that would very deeply disappoint that person.

What are you going on about? Emi does go overboard during the route, but she still clearly holds on to the joy that she originally found in it. She explicitly gets runner's high, something that doesn't come with going on unhealthy, self-destructive runs, she runs around even when she isn't brooding, and the look on her face during the track meet is not one of damaged coping, but one of confidence and enthusiasm. She loves running, and even after the good ending, it will continue to be an extremely positive source of relief.

Believe me, you think running as a stress outlet is unhealthy and perverts your love for it? You've never seen the determination to get going again in a person's eyes after they've been bedridden for two years, or heard their yearning frustration with being grounded for so long. That's unhealthy.

And for the record, I'd think that Mr. Ibarazaki would be extremely proud of the woman his daughter has become in his absence, and if he wasn't, then that'd be on him, not her. In the end, she does come to terms with what has happened, she does let Hisao in, and she never gives up. How could he not admire that in his own flesh and blood?
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:

What are you going on about??
Exactly what I said.

The "runner's high" is just chemicals dumped into your system. Any extensive exercise will cause that, regardless of the horrible psychological problems behind it.

And as for the comparison of an escapist coping mechanism undertaken by a psychologically traumatized person with a joyous run undertaken by someone who has been physically bedridden for years against their will....Look, you like your little waifu, great. But seriously? Think. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:And as for the comparison of an escapist coping mechanism undertaken by a psychologically traumatized person with a joyous run undertaken by someone who has been physically bedridden for years against their will....Look, you like your little waifu, great. But seriously? Think. :lol:
I don't want to come as angry about this because I'm not, but please watch it a little. You don't know who I'm talking about or what goes on in their head on a daily basis. As it is, the comparison is extremely valid, but I'd rather not go into exactly why out of respect for his privacy. I only brought up the time off to highlight what happens when a person is forced to stop running, and how much more unhealthy that is for them than running as a coping mechanism, regardless of the psychological reason behind it.

Even when runs are used as relief, runners as dedicated as the people I'm talking about appreciate the hell out of them and get great joy from them. The mental issues present are a problem, but the original happiness gained from running persists anyhow in a non-perverted state, and that much I can tell you as fact, not just from first-hand experience, but from seeing others in real life dealing with similar things.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

1. Hanako's Panic Attack. Reminded me of my own panic attacks back in the day.

2. When takes off her clothes to show us her scars. Crap, couldn't hold it...

3. Her good ending of course!

4. When Emi visits her dads grave.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
HanakosForeverFriend

Post by HanakosForeverFriend »

First thing : Tears are for sure manly when playing Katawa Shoujo :P

I didn't play Rin's Route and Lilly's Route yet , right now i'm about to
play the Hanako Bad Ending Path ...

The scene in Lilly's room when she reveals about Hanako's last birthday with Hanako having herself locked up inside her room that whole day ... this one has me crying even nowadays ._.
A full one hundred hours is not enough to complete for me :D
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

I don't have the heart to force a bad ending. As much as I disliked Shizune romantically, I chose not to comfort Misha because I felt uncomfortable with what it could lead to.

Bragging time: I didn't get any bad endings naturally, nor did I use a tree aside from a couple times Rin route because I thought I was getting a bad ending, ditto Lilly's.

Of course, as I've mentioned as well, I shake Rin out of my head often to prevent myself from getting mopey. I'll warn you, Rin and Lilly were the most feelsy for me.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Broomhead wrote:I don't have the heart to force a bad ending. As much as I disliked Shizune romantically, I chose not to comfort Misha because I felt uncomfortable with what it could lead to.

Bragging time: I didn't get any bad endings naturally, nor did I use a tree aside from a couple times Rin route because I thought I was getting a bad ending, ditto Lilly's.

Of course, as I've mentioned as well, I shake Rin out of my head often to prevent myself from getting mopey. I'll warn you, Rin and Lilly were the most feelsy for me.
I understand not being able to force yourself to get a bad end, I'm doing that now just to get 100%. It can be really heart-wrenching; I'm scared to go down Hanako's bad end. Don't want to cry again :(
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

YutoTheOrc wrote:
Broomhead wrote:I don't have the heart to force a bad ending. As much as I disliked Shizune romantically, I chose not to comfort Misha because I felt uncomfortable with what it could lead to.

I understand not being able to force yourself to get a bad end, I'm doing that now just to get 100%. It can be really heart-wrenching; I'm scared to go down Hanako's bad end. Don't want to cry again :(
You have to, for comprehension, or something. You non-fan. :roll: