What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Megumeru

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Megumeru »

Funny enough, it's Emi's and that 'forgiveness' scene.

There's that compelling chemistry in the relationship between both of them despite one rejecting the other much earlier.
It made me go 'awh'. Others that came close is when the trio student council members made up, and Rin going all 'fuck you' to Nomiya (that made my day)

Most of the good endings made me think 'today's a good day' and gave me a smile. Most of the bad endings made me go 'what have I done'-sorta feel (Shizune's bad ending in particular made me stop playing for a day or two until I get a fix from insurmountable VGs)

One particular girl's route just gave me laughter n chuckle regardless of good or bad ending.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Megumeru wrote:One particular girl's route just gave me laughter n chuckle regardless of good or bad ending.
You... laughed, at a bad ending? Are you human even? :(
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

SpunkySix wrote:
Megumeru wrote:One particular girl's route just gave me laughter n chuckle regardless of good or bad ending.
Mainly because I expected it to happen. It's that 'I knew it' feeling and the 'I expect something like this as much'-kinda feel that It doesn't leave that much...crushing impact compare to the rest of the girls; it feels tame.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Zerero wrote:I cried more than once during Lilly's good ending, my favorite path. Lots of tears and all those feels.

I teared up during Emi's path and Hanako's path. I was honestly expecting more of a reaction to Hanako's path but I suppose I couldn't fully relate to her and the path felt shorter. I still enjoyed it, just doesn't come close to the experience that I had with Lilly.
Lilly's good ending was by far my favourite ending too. I didn't cry or anything, but man, the good feeling I got from it was intense. Such a good route.

I guess I didn't really "cry" at any of the scenes in KS, but I definitely got the feels with a lot of them. Apart from Lilly's good ending, Emi's good ending, particularly the very last scene, gave me a really happy feeling (obviously except for the scene in the graveyard. That hurt.). It was fantastic too.
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Megumeru wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Mainly because I expected it to happen. It's that 'I knew it' feeling and the 'I expect something like this as much'-kinda feel that It doesn't leave that much...crushing impact compare to the rest of the girls; it feels tame.
Okay. Okay. At least you're not evil then. I can accept that. But I'm keeping an eye on you, just in case...

I honestly found that the graveyard scene, as sad as it was, was also a really touching moment too. Having your guard up all the time hurts. This sweet, tough little girl finally allows herself to open up and let the pain out with somebody she can trust, and the two are finally getting closer because of it. I could almost feel the hug there. And maybe it's weird, but I feel like the warm tears would have been kind of comforting when they dripped down onto my shirt. I saw it less as a bad painful thing and more of a relief painful thing, so to me, the tears were representative of something dark being released, and being a part of that would be really nice.

And then of course there's the scene after, which is probably one of the most genuine, innocent depictions of love-making I've seen in a piece of media. Not that I've really seen a ton, but still, it seemed heartfelt instead of just being a hormone-induced poundfest.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote: I honestly found that the graveyard scene, as sad as it was, was also a really touching moment too. Having your guard up all the time hurts. This sweet, tough little girl finally allows herself to open up and let the pain out with somebody she can trust, and the two are finally getting closer because of it. I could almost feel the hug there. And maybe it's weird, but I feel like the warm tears would have been kind of comforting when they dripped down onto my shirt. I saw it less as a bad painful thing and more of a relief painful thing, so to me, the tears were representative of something dark being released, and being a part of that would be really nice.

And then of course there's the scene after, which is probably one of the most genuine, innocent depictions of love-making I've seen in a piece of media. Not that I've really seen a ton, but still, it seemed heartfelt instead of just being a hormone-induced poundfest.
THIS. Now more or less one of my favourite parts of the entire VN, where Emi finally gives up her resistance that she clearly never wanted to have. It's beautiful.
I think of the 5 routes, Emi and Hisao's relationship is the most likely to go the distance, although Lilly's and Hanako's do have a moderate chance. I just think the connection that the two of them have is the strongest, and they've had to overcome a lot of difficult situations on both sides.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote: I honestly found that the graveyard scene, as sad as it was, was also a really touching moment too. Having your guard up all the time hurts. This sweet, tough little girl finally allows herself to open up and let the pain out with somebody she can trust, and the two are finally getting closer because of it. I could almost feel the hug there. And maybe it's weird, but I feel like the warm tears would have been kind of comforting when they dripped down onto my shirt. I saw it less as a bad painful thing and more of a relief painful thing, so to me, the tears were representative of something dark being released, and being a part of that would be really nice.

THIS. Now more or less one of my favourite parts of the entire VN, where Emi finally gives up her resistance that she clearly never wanted to have. It's beautiful.
I think of the 5 routes, Emi and Hisao's relationship is the most likely to go the distance, although Lilly's and Hanako's do have a moderate chance. I just think the connection that the two of them have is the strongest, and they've had to overcome a lot of difficult situations on both sides.
They're going the distance; they're going for speed.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:THIS. Now more or less one of my favourite parts of the entire VN, where Emi finally gives up her resistance that she clearly never wanted to have. It's beautiful.
Yep, that's exactly how I feel about it too. Emi and Hisao have by far the strongest relationship out of any of the outcomes, at least in my opinion.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Walshy12238 wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:THIS. Now more or less one of my favourite parts of the entire VN, where Emi finally gives up her resistance that she clearly never wanted to have. It's beautiful.
Yep, that's exactly how I feel about it too. Emi and Hisao have by far the strongest relationship out of any of the outcomes, at least in my opinion.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Emi is bestgirl
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

SpunkySix wrote:They're going the distance; they're going for speed.
But she's not all alone in her time of need...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Walshy12238 wrote:
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Emi is bestgirl
I thought it was because she's so dreamy~

And thank you for picking that one up, bhtooefr. I was afraid that reference would be lost to mild obscurity forever.
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

Emis bad route. Especially as you can see how loving she is on the good route. Number one I was screaming at the screen saying how stupid hisao is and two the fact that emi takes it as a joke and then acts serious for all of two seconds to shrug then run away like everything else in her life. I was really crying (not as bad as wailing but my eyes were swimming) and all the time thinking, wow what an amazing freaking game.I had to take a time out and compose myself after and as soon as I carried on for the last minute I was off again and I couldn't finish it. I'd not cried at e.t, old yellar, bambi or even Marley and me, but this little game had finally beaten me.
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

RandomPerson wrote:Emis bad route. Especially as you can see how loving she is on the good route. Number one I was screaming at the screen saying how stupid hisao is and two the fact that emi takes it as a joke and then acts serious for all of two seconds to shrug then run away like everything else in her life. I was really crying (not as bad as wailing but my eyes were swimming) and all the time thinking, wow what an amazing freaking game.I had to take a time out and compose myself after and as soon as I carried on for the last minute I was off again and I couldn't finish it. I'd not cried at e.t, old yellar, bambi or even Marley and me, but this little game had finally beaten me.
Yeah, it'll do that to you. Even though it's pretty full on emotionally, I still think that her good route made me "cry" more than her bad route. Her bad route kind of just made me go "damn it, made the wrong decision" more than it upset me (not to say that it didn't, because it still did).
Potato

Post by Potato »

RandomPerson wrote:Emis bad route. Especially as you can see how loving she is on the good route. Number one I was screaming at the screen saying how stupid hisao is and two the fact that emi takes it as a joke and then acts serious for all of two seconds to shrug then run away like everything else in her life. I was really crying (not as bad as wailing but my eyes were swimming) and all the time thinking, wow what an amazing freaking game.I had to take a time out and compose myself after and as soon as I carried on for the last minute I was off again and I couldn't finish it. I'd not cried at e.t, old yellar, bambi or even Marley and me, but this little game had finally beaten me.

Huh. I was more preoccupied with how stupid Emi was in that end. :lol: It seems to be a running theme that everyone's on Hisao's case for the stupid shit he does but the girls can be just as dense without any accountability.

And there's a reason you didn't cry at E.T. or Bambi or Old Yeller: None of them are remotely sad.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

Potato wrote:

Huh. I was more preoccupied with how stupid Emi was in that end. :lol: It seems to be a running theme that everyone's on Hisao's case for the stupid shit he does but the girls can be just as dense without any accountability.

And there's a reason you didn't cry at E.T. or Bambi or Old Yeller: None of them are remotely sad.
I know right! My freinds said that It was because I'm a tin man and have no heart
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)