What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Xaredian
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Xaredian » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:03 pm

PyroOgre wrote:
Xaredian wrote: Wasn't there another one of these, but had to do with Miki in that race with Emi? Him thinking about something and hands...
Yup. {picture}

Anyway, to go back on topic.. I can name quite a few, but the tears didn't flow immediately for me. It was usually after finishing a route or scene that it would all hit me and I would break down, in particular Hanako's good end and pretty much all of Lilly's act 4. God I was out of commission for weeks after that one.
I just noticed. Not only does the picture semi-focus on Miki, so you notice her arm, but, Miki is the only one to be wearing black shorts.

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by pandaphil » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:28 pm

bhtooefr wrote:
Hanako's good ending scenes in the town (well, once the issue of consent the previous night was dealt with, that was honestly disgusting to read (and I don't mean that as it being bad writing, but rather feeling horrible about the situation) - I actually groaned in disgust when Hanako said why she did it) are one.

Upsetting, but true to the character I think. For someone who feels the way she does about herself she thought that offering herself up like that is probably the only way she'd ever get someone like Hisao to want to stay with her. Which yeah, is pretty heartbreaking.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Xanatos » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:20 pm

bhtooefr wrote:It's a tie.

Hanako's good ending scenes in the town (well, once the issue of consent the previous night was dealt with, that was honestly disgusting to read (and I don't mean that as it being bad writing, but rather feeling horrible about the situation) - I actually groaned in disgust when Hanako said why she did it) are one.

The other is... Emi's good ending scenes, via Misha. I think the scene in which Hisao and Emi reconcile amplifies the impact of the graveyard scene.
There was no "issue of consent". Both consented, then fucked. Zero issue. :P

Emi's bad ending is pretty awful. And it's amplified when you get the chance to fix it via Misha, and still fail. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

bhtooefr
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by bhtooefr » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Right, but Hisao thought for a moment that it might not have been consensual on Hanako's part. She corrected that. That's what I was referring to, as far as what came before the wave of feels.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!

User avatar
Bailey
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:58 pm
Location: England

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Bailey » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:04 pm

Definitely the Lilly scene from when Hisao takes one last look at Lilly up until the end of the last cutscene.
Also with Shizune's sad ending, probably because Shizune is my favourite out of the 5.

Not that I cried or anything. Nope. Didn't happen... Defiiinitelyyyy didn't happen.
Hanako used to have no scaring... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.

User avatar
Kyler Thatch
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:13 am

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Kyler Thatch » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:40 pm

The only scene that got me to tear up at all that I can remember (crying doesn't come easily to me) had something to do with Misha on the rooftop in Shizune's route. My memory is really fuzzy about that, though. Might have to play that route again to remember just what happened.

User avatar
Bailey
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:58 pm
Location: England

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Bailey » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:44 pm

Kyler Thatch wrote:The only scene that got me to tear up at all that I can remember (crying doesn't come easily to me) had something to do with Misha on the rooftop in Shizune's route. My memory is really fuzzy about that, though. Might have to play that route again to remember just what happened.
Kinda weird that you don't remember it, it's a massive part of the shizune storyline. I missed it the first time around though, I sort of skipped past it thinking it was another plain chat with Misha... I was wrong :P
Hanako used to have no scaring... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.

User avatar
Xaredian
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Xaredian » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:00 am

pandaphil wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:
Hanako's good ending scenes in the town (well, once the issue of consent the previous night was dealt with, that was honestly disgusting to read (and I don't mean that as it being bad writing, but rather feeling horrible about the situation) - I actually groaned in disgust when Hanako said why she did it) are one.

Upsetting, but true to the character I think. For someone who feels the way she does about herself she thought that offering herself up like that is probably the only way she'd ever get someone like Hisao to want to stay with her. Which yeah, is pretty heartbreaking.
In hindsight, it is a pretty heartbreaking thought. It's also a risky one.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Xanatos » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Bailey wrote:
Kyler Thatch wrote:The only scene that got me to tear up at all that I can remember (crying doesn't come easily to me) had something to do with Misha on the rooftop in Shizune's route. My memory is really fuzzy about that, though. Might have to play that route again to remember just what happened.
Kinda weird that you don't remember it, it's a massive part of the shizune storyline. I missed it the first time around though, I sort of skipped past it thinking it was another plain chat with Misha... I was wrong :P
Lesson: Never skip. EVER. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Bailey
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:58 pm
Location: England

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Bailey » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Xanatos wrote:
Bailey wrote:
Kyler Thatch wrote:The only scene that got me to tear up at all that I can remember (crying doesn't come easily to me) had something to do with Misha on the rooftop in Shizune's route. My memory is really fuzzy about that, though. Might have to play that route again to remember just what happened.
Kinda weird that you don't remember it, it's a massive part of the shizune storyline. I missed it the first time around though, I sort of skipped past it thinking it was another plain chat with Misha... I was wrong :P
Lesson: Never skip. EVER. :P
I'm kinda skipping through Rin's route, mostly because I'm not enjoying it and because it's moving pretty slowly :P
Hanako used to have no scaring... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.

User avatar
Lianam
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Lianam » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Bailey wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Lesson: Never skip. EVER. :P
I'm kinda skipping through Rin's route, mostly because I'm not enjoying it and because it's moving pretty slowly :P
BAD BAILEY, BAD!
And for once... I can't believe I'm saying this... I actually agree with Xanatos... Oh my god, what has the world come to? :P
Ce ne sont pas une signature.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Xanatos » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Bailey wrote:I'm kinda skipping through Rin's route, mostly because I'm not enjoying it and because it's moving pretty slowly :P
I think you misunderstood me.

Never skip. EVER. :evil:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Bailey
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:58 pm
Location: England

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Bailey » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:38 pm

Xanatos wrote:
Bailey wrote:I'm kinda skipping through Rin's route, mostly because I'm not enjoying it and because it's moving pretty slowly :P
I think you misunderstood me.

Never skip. EVER. :evil:
*SPAMS SPACEBAR*
Hanako used to have no scaring... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.

AMerePerson
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by AMerePerson » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 am

Bailey wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Bailey wrote:I'm kinda skipping through Rin's route, mostly because I'm not enjoying it and because it's moving pretty slowly :P
I think you misunderstood me.

Never skip. EVER. :evil:
*SPAMS SPACEBAR*
*GRABS TORCH AND PITCHFORK*

User avatar
Dream
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 am

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Dream » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:47 am

Bailey wrote:Super skip
If you're gonna read it that way i think you should just go and skip the whole VN. Not sure why you would deprive yourself of the VN's content but whatever.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos

Post Reply