Facts about KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Facts about KS

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:Fact: "Yamaku" is (unintentionally) an anagram of "mayaku" which is a Japanese term for illegal drugs.
Once again, why do you even know this? :lol:

The only characters who appear in the prologue are Hisao and Iwanako.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Dream

Post by Dream »

At least three of the five endings involve the girl saying or directing something to Hisao in some way in the good endings (Hanako kisses him, Emi asks him what he wants to do today, and Rin asks him what that feel means)
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Fact: Google Translate renders the Japanese character for "ha" (as in HA-nako) as "blister" when translated to English...So, bit of a dark joke there. :lol:
Wrong.
Hanako's name does not even contain the character "ha".
It is written as 華子, which contains the chatacters "hana" (flower) and "ko" (child)
Interesting. Doesn't change Google's translation though. Dunno why you're pointing it out. :? I know how it's written.

@OtakuNinja: I googled it. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Fact: Google Translate renders the Japanese character for "ha" (as in HA-nako) as "blister" when translated to English...So, bit of a dark joke there. :lol:
Wrong.
Hanako's name does not even contain the character "ha".
It is written as 華子, which contains the chatacters "hana" (flower) and "ko" (child)
Interesting. Doesn't change Google's translation though. Dunno why you're pointing it out. :? I know how it's written.

@OtakuNinja: I googled it. :P
You google way too much weird stuff. :lol:

As someone who knows Japanese, I can confirm that her name means flower-child. What "ha"-character did Google use? :)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:You google way too much weird stuff. :lol:

As someone who knows Japanese, I can confirm that her name means flower-child. What "ha"-character did Google use? :)
I just wondered if Yamaku translated to anything. :lol: The rest came from an old thread from the forum. From 2009.

And I dunno. I know the character isn't actually in the name. I was just going by the letters to make the joke work. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:You google way too much weird stuff. :lol:

I just wondered if Yamaku translated to anything. :lol: The rest came from an old thread from the forum. From 2009.

And I dunno. I know the character isn't actually in the name. I was just going by the letters to make the joke work. :P
I think its mentioned somewhere that Yamaku doesn't really translate (apparently it literally has no meaning, along with Iwanako).
I believe what it said was "As long as it sounds foreign"
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I think its mentioned somewhere that Yamaku doesn't really translate (apparently it literally has no meaning, along with Iwanako).
I believe it was a reference to a mistranslation from another fanproject.

And on the subject of translations....

Hakamichi can be translated as "road to the grave".
Not Dead Yet
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

According to Google, Iwanako means "say no" and Yamaku means "Congestion film". :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:
According to Google, Iwanako means "say no" and Yamaku means "Congestion film". :lol:
The thread I got the drug bit from mentioned that Yamaku could somehow be translated into "pile of inferiors" or something...*cough*
Dream

Post by Dream »

Man, that must have been akward when they founded the academy.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

The problem about Japanese is that you can give any polysyllabic word at least a dozen different meanings depending on which Kanji you use to write it. Most of them would be extremely obscure readings that wouldn't even occur even to a Japanese native speaker without the use of a dictionary.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Kaze

Post by Kaze »

Xanatos wrote:
Oddball wrote:Lilly is the only character whose "nude sprite" is completely naked.
True. Though I think Shizune benefits from it. <.<
Is the link in that pic real? Or is it just fan art?
Hanako - Check
Shizune - In Progress
Lilly - No Progress
Emi - Check
Rin - No progress
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Kaze wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Oddball wrote:Lilly is the only character whose "nude sprite" is completely naked.
True. Though I think Shizune benefits from it. <.<
Is the link in that pic real? Or is it just fan art?
Nah, it's not in-game, that's for sure.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Fiandra wrote:

Unless theres some DLC I haven't heard of. ;)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Fiandra wrote:
Kaze wrote: Is the link in that pic real? Or is it just fan art?
It's pre-ordered DLC that comes with Jigoro x Othello bedroom scene.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.