Lilly's Path: Timeline [SPOILERS]

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

paxslayer

Lilly's Path: Timeline [SPOILERS]

Post by paxslayer »

Tentatively Completed (More progress would require a lot of extrapolation AFAIK)

NOTE: It seems there are conflicting dates... The days don't add up. Has this been tried before?

Reference for starting date

Dates (namely Monday, June 4) line up with 2007, which makes sense as that is the year development started

January: Heart Attack

<spring>: Hospital

Monday,* June 4: First day at Yamaku
Friday,* June 8: First time Hisao goes grocery shopping with Lilly
Saturday, June 9: Hisao "[Goes] for a walk in town." (finds Lilly and Akira at The Shanghai)
Sunday, June 10: "the festival"

~~ ACT 2: PAST ~~

Monday, June 11: chess, face feeling {implied that it is the day after the festival}
Saturday, June 16: Lilly mentions going present shopping tomorrow {implied that it is the following saturday, could be a week or even two weeks later though}
Sunday, June 17: Lilly and Hisao go present shopping (+Akira and Hideaki!) {day after above}
Wednesday,* July 4: Hanako's birthday party (+Alcohol)
Thursday, July 5: Hisao recieves Iwanako's letter, gets groceries for Hanako (Lilly buys weekly groceries immediately before leaving?)
Friday, July 6: Lunch on the roof
Saturday, July 7: Lilly and Akira leave for trip to Scotland

~~ ACT 3: PRESENT ~~

<"It's been a handful of days since Lilly left for Scotland...">: Future talk with Mutou #1 (Before July 9 AND After Lilly leaves)
Monday,* July 9: Hanako skips classes #1
Tuesday,* July 10: Hanako skips classes #2, Hisao calls Lilly #1, Hanako's birthday
Wednesday, July 11: Hanako skips classes #3, Hisao brings Hanako food
<"Hanako began attending school again...Thus a few days went by...">: Hisao calls Lilly #2
Friday, <before3day>**: Lilly returns from Scotland

Three-day holiday starts (Hokkaido)

Saturday: Early morning train, Hisao sleeps the whole day away on the futon ._.
Sunday: Hisao wakes up "late in the morning", heart flutter, confessions (+Alcohol) (+Love)
Monday: Hanako hears about confessions, (Sidenote: what do Hanako and Lilly talk about outside?), Hisao gets a bath, midnight train (+Love)
Tuesday: "Exams will be starting..."

Three-day holiday ends

~~ ACT 4: FUTURE ~~

Friday, <after3day>: Shopping trip
Sunday, <after3day>: Fancy Date (+Alcohol)
Monday, <after3day>: last day of exams
Friday, <beforemonday>: Hisao talks about college brochures
Monday, <"everyone's been a lot happier since the exams ended, last week.">: tea party, last week of school
Sunday, <aftermonday, scotland trip is "about a month ago">: Rainy Date
sometime afterward, back in class???

* Date explicitly stated in game or by dev (see above link)

** Additional Info: "Since I called Lilly...It's been only a month and a half since I arrived" "School's nearly over! Three-day holiday!" PROBABLY FRIDAY, either 13 or 20 of July

EDIT: Added "[SPOILERS]" to subject, should have done that from the start

If you have any info that would help (or if this has already been done, though my searches turned up dry) please let me know! ^_^
Last edited by paxslayer on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Paths: Lilly, Shizune(partial), Rin
Xybaro

Re: Lilly's Path: Timeline

Post by Xybaro »

Interesting thread and idea.

I don't think there's been many like this one.... don't remember well though.

Nice timeline.
Hanako Lover
paxslayer

Re: Lilly's Path: Timeline [SPOILERS]

Post by paxslayer »

Thanks, I hope this goes well. So far though, it seems like there are too many events shoved between Hanako's party and her actual birthday. Continuing on for now though.

EDIT: Have there been other timelines at all? I haven't found any... (Except for the post I linked)
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

I had discussed this earlier, in another thread, but it seems worth reposting in full:
Hisao enters Yamaku on June 4 (cf. Act 1"Mind Your Step").

The field trip takes place during a 3-day break prior to summer vacation (cf. Lilly Act 3 "Renewal"). Hanako's Birthday is July 10, a Tuesday (There are various indicators to peg the year as 2007). Lilly leaves for Scotland on Saturday, June 30 (cf. Hanako Act 3 "Treading Softly"). She returns on Friday, July 13 (cf. Lilly Act 3 "Renewal"). Exams start almost immediately after the 3-day break (July 18 or 19 is a fair guess) and last for "a couple weeks." Lilly's weekly shopping, is on Friday (rather than Monday in Hanako's route), making it most likely June 20 when Hisao learns that Akira's leaving in "a couple of weeks." The date at the fancy restaurant is on Sunday, July 22, then. The last day of exams is on a Monday (cf. Lilly Act 4 "A Morning's Reverie"), so July 30 or August 6 (Ending on the 23rd would mean a stretch of 5 days with a weekend in the middle, hardly "a couple of weeks"). Per Lilly Act 4 "Blackout", classes end 2 weeks after exams, so August 11 or 18. 

This gives us a (potential) conflict. Tanabata is traditionally the seventh day of the seventh month according to the lunisolar calendar. Japan has more or less adopted the Gregorian calendar wholecloth, with some northern regions displacing the calendar one month. According to the Gregorian calendar, that places Tanabata at July 7 or August 7. If Yamaku happens to be one of the few holdouts that still celebrates Tanabata according to the traditional lunisolar calendar, my previous calculations could potentially hold true. I do not have the time, inclination, or understanding to calculate Tanabata in 2007, but a back of the envelope calculation makes it plausible.

That places the end of classes at August 4, 11, or 18. If at August 4, Hisao sucks at counting. Regardless, Hisao and Lilly's Shanghai date is the last Sunday before classes end - 29. 5, or 12. Following the conversation in the Shanghai, Hisao concludes that they won't be able to go to Tanabata together, so that rules out Tanabata being on August 7 with classes ending August 11.(Incidentally, that would probably be the easiest reconciliation with Shizune's Route having Tanabata while classes are still going on). There is the possibility that Tanabata was ruled out not because it couldn't be done, but because they figured that it would simply be too painful. The Shanghai scene is effectively a "break-up" scene.

Lilly leaves the day classes end (4/11/18). Hisao wakes up from his heart attack 2 days later(6/13/20). "A few days" and another surgery, then an unspecified period of recovery after that.

For what it's worth, I'm inclined to settle on classes ending August 11, with Hisao and Lilly choosing to miss Tanabata because of the condition of the relationship at the time.
Among other things, this calculation puts the three-day weekend on Marine Day, which is entirely appropriate.

I've tried figuring out the various dates and such, but haven't been especially systematic about it. It would be nice to put together an actual calendar, with the various scenes written into the corresponding days, footnoted for the lines that pinpoint the scenes...
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
paxslayer

Post by paxslayer »

First of all, thanks for replying. Do you think you could also give a link to the thread where this was posted? (EDIT: NEVERMIND, I found it with google)(EDITx2 COMBO: for anyone else who wants to see it in context)

Everything you have looks excellent, including your reasoning about the Tanabata date and why they might choose not to attend rather than being unable to. I just have one thing that I'd want to have addressed:
ProfAllister wrote:Lilly leaves for Scotland on Saturday, June 30 (cf. Hanako Act 3 "Treading Softly").
IIRC, they celebrate Hanako's birthday on July 4. Lilly would have to leave for Scotland after that date, which is why I thought Lilly left the following week. I also had it as a Friday instead of a Saturday, because I thought I remembered mention of afternoon classes on the day she left. I just double checked it, and it does seem that the departure date was indeed on a Saturday.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

Is Shizune's route the only one that reaches August?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Emi's, Hanako's and Lilly's arcs end before the summer holidays in August.
Rin's path ends shortly after... probably in September
Shizune's path ends in march of the following year.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Isn't it obvious? Lilly is a Time Lord.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
minkus

Post by minkus »

I think we can all agree that she forgot to look at the calender.

Kenji: I wear a hat now.