Merlyn_LeRoy

Re: jesse does katawa shoujo!

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

You can add a time offset to the URL to go right there:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Hey thank you for that.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:That's gotta be a good thing.
People trying it out is good. His garbage getting 400k views, not so much. :lol: People with talent deserve those views. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Banryu

Post by Banryu »

Katawa Shoujo isn't something that should be made into a LP.

If you haven't played it, then you're ruining a wonderful experience for yourself by watching someone else make decisions in the game, thus influencing yours if you DO decide to play it. Since it's so heavily reading-based, there's the danger that the LPer scrolls too fast for the viewer to read it, and watching someone else go through the story takes half the fun out of the story itself. Katawa Shoujo is an interactive experience, and though that's hardly less true of any other game, the fact that there's SO little gameplay makes it more or less pointless to see anyone other than yourself experience it.

If you've already played it, then you're getting nothing out of it-- it's primarily a reading experience more than anything else, and you can easily go back and read it yourself. Voiceovers would ruin the mood set by the music (if it's even audible), and would more or less be pointless and unnecessary. The only way I can see a KS LP being worthwhile to watch is if the LPer is giving really intelligent and in-depth commentary on the story as it unfolds, and even then I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to have something interesting to say throughout an entire several-hour-long story route.

It just doesn't really make sense. I feel the same way about other such games like The Walking Dead and whatnot... It's like watching someone read a book. Why the hell bother when you can just read it yourself? (I mean it's even free in the case of KS for cripes' sake)
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Banryu wrote:[words words words no boobs]
The Walking Dead at least has some gameplay. KS is a picture book. :lol: You just can't LP a picture book with very good results.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Figured this was a close enought thread: As some of you might already know, it seems Chilled Chaos has taken down his LP of Katawa Shoujo or set it on private, and doesn't appear on his channel anymore. Anyone knows what's up with that? I mean, if he ever said somewhere why he did or anything like that.

Also, i'm not entirely sure of this, but i think swiftly was making a joke of some sorts.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Banryu

Post by Banryu »

Dream wrote:Figured this was a close enought thread: As some of you might already know, it seems Chilled Chaos has taken down his LP of Katawa Shoujo or set it on private, and doesn't appear on his channel anymore. Anyone knows what's up with that? I mean, if he ever said somewhere why he did or anything like that.

Also, i'm not entirely sure of this, but i think swiftly was making a joke of some sorts.
Maybe he realized that doing a LP of something like Katawa Shoujo is stupid (for reasons previously stated).
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Banryu wrote:
Dream wrote:Figured this was a close enought thread: As some of you might already know, it seems Chilled Chaos has taken down his LP of Katawa Shoujo or set it on private, and doesn't appear on his channel anymore. Anyone knows what's up with that? I mean, if he ever said somewhere why he did or anything like that.

Maybe he realized that doing a LP of something like Katawa Shoujo is stupid (for reasons previously stated).

Now if only Farmville players and idiots with scarecams would come to similar realizations...
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I thought the guys over at MetaDating did a pretty good LP. Having different people reading each character helps a LOT. Even if they did giggle way too damn much.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:I thought the guys over at MetaDating did a pretty good LP. Having different people reading each character helps a LOT. Even if they did giggle way too damn much.
Having people add voices only makes it even worse...
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I thought the guys over at MetaDating did a pretty good LP. Having different people reading each character helps a LOT. Even if they did giggle way too damn much.
Having people add voices only makes it even worse...

:P
skyzefawlun

Post by skyzefawlun »

This is actually where I found out about KS, and I'm so glad that I did. I've never been into anything anime related (closest I've come was Akira back in the day) so for me to enjoy this despite my tastes says a lot. I think the way the metadating group handles the material is pushing it a little with the comical voices, but in their defense, their actual commentary is pretty spot on for the most part, and I think to some degree, the voices help keep them from getting too wrapped up in the story. Shit, I have a hard time keeping my eyes dry reading through some of the scenes.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

skyzefawlun wrote:the voices help keep them from getting too wrapped up in the story.
And this is why the voices are bad. :lol: Yes, it's just my opinion, but it's the only one that's right. :P
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yeah, the voices were silly, but I really liked their enthusiasm. Emi and Misha really are that perky.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

In their defense, the parts they played through were not all that serious/dramatic yet, and I know I for one didn't know how serious this game would be until i got at a serious point in the game.