jesse does katawa shoujo!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: jesse does katawa shoujo!

Post by OtakuNinja »

CC's LP was called "Two unemployed men play a visual novel", right? :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:ChilledChaos did it better, much better.

And yeah, his voice is kind of grating.
I saw that one too. I wouldn't call it better. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Heh, to be fair i can imagine why people wouldn't like Chilled Chaos's LP, but i personally think it was vastly superior. Then again, i tend to be a sucker for jokingly adolescent humour (even if it did get grating at times), so...
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:Heh, to be fair i can imagine why people wouldn't like Chilled Chaos's LP, but i personally think it was vastly superior. Then again, i tend to be a sucker for jokingly adolescent humour (even if it did get grating at times), so...
Oh, it's not the humor. It's that visual novels are shitty to watch. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:
Dream wrote:Heh, to be fair i can imagine why people wouldn't like Chilled Chaos's LP, but i personally think it was vastly superior. Then again, i tend to be a sucker for jokingly adolescent humour (even if it did get grating at times), so...
Oh, it's not the humor. It's that visual novels are shitty to watch. :lol:
Most likely, but CC's voices and sometimes absurd tangents made it interesting at times :lol:
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
olympietic

Post by olympietic »

They are good if voice acted, however commentary only brings you back to the real world, which may or may not be a good thing to you.
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

OtakuNinja wrote:I found the review. :)

I'm not a huge fan of Rin, but I'm pretty sure they got her even less than I did.

"I'm not sure if Rin is an idiot, or crazy, or both."

Nope'd on out of there.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Hi, first official post here.

In Jesse's defense, he's quite enjoyable and fun to watch when he plays shooters, and other action oriented games, where he can throw out jokes and do silly voices. But yeah, hes not quite cut out for KS.

Although I would have loved to see his first encouter with Kenji.

I am grateful to him though. It was watching his LP that finally convinced me to track the game down.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:In Jesse's defense...
Nope.avi

No defense. :P
swifty

Post by swifty »

i did leagh at his version of the voices that alone made me wantore

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
Last edited by swifty on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
or do i love
well there both in KATAWA SHOUJO THE BEST GAME AVAAAR!!!
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

swifty wrote:
this is right if you disagree...

F**** YOUR OPINION

...sorry some one had to do it

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)

Calm thou tits.

We respect all opinions in here *Snigger*

But back on topic, I don't know this Jesse guy, but I honestly think most LP's are pretty stupid. Most of them act like idiots and have facecams that take up a quarter of the screen just so the audience can see these guys make ridiculous facial expressions. Not only that, but a lot of them just play games that are slathered all over the bandwagon. Not only that, a majority of them aren't that good.

Except for Minnesotaburns, but that guy doesn't give a fuck about really anything, so kudos to that and also being able to piss off an entire army of COD kiddies.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:

Calm thou tits.

We respect all opinions in here *Snigger*

But back on topic, I don't know this Jesse guy, but I honestly think most LP's are pretty stupid. Most of them act like idiots and have facecams that take up a quarter of the screen just so the audience can see these guys make ridiculous facial expressions. Not only that, but a lot of them just play games that are slathered all over the bandwagon. Not only that, a majority of them aren't that good.

Except for Minnesotaburns, but that guy doesn't give a fuck about really anything, so kudos to that and also being able to piss off an entire army of COD kiddies.
And SSoHKPC. that guys is hilarious, and very rarely (if ever) uses a facecam.
And he also does things to piss off the CoD fanboys. Like trash it in almost every LP he does XD
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:being able to piss off an entire army of COD kiddies.
Easy enough. :lol:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Not a big LP watcher, but like I said, Jesse does a pretty entertaining show. He does a bit of silly stuff, but he seems like a good person, and freely admits hes not a very good player.

Anyway, KS came up again while he was doing the TGS Podcast over the weekend, and he gave some more thoughts on it. Skip ahead to the 45 minute mark.

Look on the bright side. His LP got over 400k views, and a lot of people (including me) were inspired to try it out for the first time. That's gotta be a good thing.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.