Lilly's Angry Moment

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kitsune Spirit

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by Kitsune Spirit »

Hi guys! I finally registered to post after being a lurker for quite a while. :x

So Lily's outburst was a bit of an oddity to me at first. She was written as perfect young girl with no flaws besides her blindness. I wasn't really surprised that she got angry so much as I was confused by her reason for being angry. My first and only thought before continuing on was that she was angry that kenji yanked her to the ground by accident. She was born blind, so if I was her and I was suddenly yanked to the ground, I'd be irritated too... remember you didn't see it coming (pun kinda-sorta intended lol).

As for the other ideas posted, it being a foreshadowing of her having to move to Scotland makes a lot of sense.

After having played through Emi, Hanako, and Shizune's routes, Lily's is my favourite by far (Hanako's is second). It was well written, emotional, romantic and very touching... even though I think they over-played Hisao's heart condition too much. The warm-fuzzies I got at the end of the story were good, I was crying, and then I uninstalled the game because I wanted this to be Hisao's final route. xD ...and Rin didn't really interest me.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

You uninstalled the game without playing all the routes or getting all the ends? :shock: You're one of a kind...
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Rin's route is pretty interesting. You should try it. And prepare for feels. Dem feels.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Fiandra wrote:Rin's route is pretty interesting. You should try it. And prepare for feels. Dem feels.
And a headache if you aren't a left-brainer.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Kitsune Spirit

Post by Kitsune Spirit »

OtakuNinja wrote:You uninstalled the game without playing all the routes or getting all the ends? :shock: You're one of a kind...
There's really no point to getting all the ends and stuff, unless you're a completionist. >.> I can always hop on youtube and watch the playthroughs for Rin if I want to, that's what I did for Hanako's bad-end lol.

Oh and I did get both of Emi's and Shizune's routes done... or part of Shizune's bad-end route anyway... I was going on 12 hours playing her route when it finally ended. lol
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Kitsune Spirit wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:You uninstalled the game without playing all the routes or getting all the ends? :shock: You're one of a kind...
There's really no point to getting all the ends and stuff, unless you're a completionist. >.> I can always hop on youtube and watch the playthroughs for Rin if I want to, that's what I did for Hanako's bad-end lol.

Oh and I did get both of Emi's and Shizune's routes done... or part of Shizune's bad-end route anyway... I was going on 12 hours playing her route when it finally ended. lol
Of course there is a point! You get to know the characters more.

Ignoring Rin is stupid. You don't know her, and you never will. Watching the routes on youtube won't give you the feels.
... And then you uninstall the game?! Honestly, to me that's childish.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

There's really no point to getting all the ends and stuff, unless you're a completionist.
Or.. you know... you actually want to known the entire story, which is sort of the point for playing a visual novel.
>.> I can always hop on youtube and watch the playthroughs for Rin if I want to, that's what I did for Hanako's bad-end lol.
There isn't actually a lot of play in a visual novel. Can you not even bring yourself to make a few basic choices?

Plus playthroughs don't allow you to absorb the story at your own place. You're left reading at whatever pace the video goes at.
Not Dead Yet
Kitsune Spirit

Post by Kitsune Spirit »

Arent you being a little rude? It's text and all, so I dunno if you're just being curious, but the tone of your statements are being overly critical. I played it the way I wanted to, I'm sorry if that offends you.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Arent you being a little rude? It's text and all, so I dunno if you're just being curious, but the tone of your statements are being overly critical. I played it the way I wanted to, I'm sorry if that offends you.
Not my intent. I just don't understand the point of wanting to watch somebody else play something that would be just as easy to play yourself.
Not Dead Yet
Kitsune Spirit

Post by Kitsune Spirit »

Ah alright... I didn't say I was going to, I said I could if I wanted to, and you're right, it would be just as easy. I was somewhat joking when I said I uninstalled KS when I was done with Lily's I had actually installed Windows 8, which wiped my HD.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Kitsune Spirit wrote:Ah alright... I didn't say I was going to, I said I could if I wanted to, and you're right, it would be just as easy. I was somewhat joking when I said I uninstalled KS when I was done with Lily's I had actually installed Windows 8, which wiped my HD.
Okay. Cool. No harm done.

It's hard to tell when people are joking online sometimes.
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kitsune Spirit wrote:I had actually installed Windows 8
:lol: Windows 8...Sucker.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
2nddimension

Post by 2nddimension »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:As Mahorfeus mentioned, Lilly was aware she was in a no-win situation where, no matter what she'd do, someone she cared about was going to get hurt.

Lilly's parents want her to move. Lilly's been raised in a traditional Japanese way that says: "a good daughter obeys her parents without question". And Akira will be going there. But Lilly herself doesn't really want to go there. Unlike Akira she has no career-based motive. She's pretty happy with her life in Japan. Until her first trip to Scotland, she had her career path and future well planned out. And she has Hisao and Hanako. In Scotland, all she has is a family from whom she's been largely estranged and a sister whom she loves dearly, but who seems to want little to do with the rest of her family. Lilly's torn between her sense of duty towards her family and her life in Japan which she doesn't want to lose. She also has a boyfriend here now to whom she didn't plan to confess, but in the stress of the moment, it slipped out and now she can't take it back without hurting him. The conflict is tearing her apart, but Lilly being Lilly, she tries to deal with it by herself even though she has no clue as to what to do and keeping her proper lady facade up under this kind of pressure takes every bit of energy she has. (to state that Lilly doesn't function well under stress is an understatement) She's pretty much at the point where the only thing left to do is pray for some kind of miracle. When Kenji accidentally trips her up, that's the straw that breaks the camel's back and her facade breaks for just a moment. It's not so much Kenji's action, it was all the other pressure she was under.

The whole point was to indicate that Lilly was DEEPLY troubled by something...more troubled than anything she's faced so far even though she tried to keep a brave face.

And this is why the Lilly route is the best in the game.

I love Hanako as much as the other guy, but Lilly's route was pretty damn well written, and she's an amazing character.
I know right? I cant get over how good it is!
demonix

Post by demonix »

Kitsune Spirit wrote:I was somewhat joking when I said I uninstalled KS when I was done with Lily's I had actually installed Windows 8, which wiped my HD.
Was that an upgrade from XP, or did you select keep nothing and failed to back up all the save data before starting the upgrade.
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

This thread, oh man.

All I can say is.... Windows 8 sucks.

:D
Hanako Lover