Lilly's Angry Moment

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
2nddimension
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Canada

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by 2nddimension » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:43 am

Alexizonfire wrote:
2nddimension wrote: Yeah, again I agree. It did end somewhat suddenly (although nowhere near as sudden as Hanako),
We cannot stop agreeing somehow!
Do you also feel like **** everytime you see misha?
I know i do =X, haha!
Yup. I really wish there was a romance option for her that doesn't make you a total asshole

User avatar
Carighan
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by Carighan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Yeah Misha's stuff is hard, because you keep being reminded of it in many paths in the rare moments where she is without Shizune. :(
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

AnalBag
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:32 am

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by AnalBag » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Xanatos wrote:
AnalBag wrote:troll ending
Explain what this term means so I can explain why it's ridiculous.

It is ridiculous if you think ending's like that are not troll.



http://vndb.org/v195

1. Falls in love with Childhood friend, she goes overseas to America for 6 years to study.


http://vndb.org/v71

2. Falls in love and finds out that she needs to go to overseas and study for 5 years.


If that isn't troll.........What is?


You think it is NOT troll to fall in love then have the girl leave you for YEARS and you have to wait that long??
Most illogical.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:26 pm

AnalBag wrote:If that isn't troll.........What is?


You think it is NOT troll to fall in love then have the girl leave you for YEARS and you have to wait that long??
Most illogical.

Quit using troll as an adjective. It isn't one. The only illogical thing here is you using a word without knowing its meaning. Here's a hint: Those endings are unhappy and "troll" does not mean "unhappy".
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

hey0910
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:06 am

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by hey0910 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:08 am

Xanatos wrote:
AnalBag wrote:If that isn't troll.........What is?


You think it is NOT troll to fall in love then have the girl leave you for YEARS and you have to wait that long??
Most illogical.

Quit using troll as an adjective. It isn't one. The only illogical thing here is you using a word without knowing its meaning. Here's a hint: Those endings are unhappy and "troll" does not mean "unhappy".
I have played a LOT of vn's, so I think I know what I am talking about.


5 Narcissu
1.5 ef - a fairy tale of the two.
5.5 Konchuu Kansatsu
7.9 D.C. II ~Da Capo II~
8.6 Steins;Gate
7 To Heart 2
6 RE: Alistair
6.9 Don't Die Dateless, Dummy!
7.5 Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
8.5 Fortune Arterial
7.5 Paradoxical Tale
7 BlazBlue: Continuum Shift​
7 Kodoku ni Kiku Yuri
7.5 Yuru Plus
7 Azu Plus
7 Phenomeno
8.5 Planetarian ~Chiisana Hoshi no Yume~
6 Manken!
4 My Teacher
7 One Week of Eternity
7.5 Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o: Tenshi no Hanabira Zome
8.5 Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o: Anata o Suki na Shiawase
9 Koneko Doumei
6 Yandere-Chan
7 Madoka Magica, Pure Pink Pretty Lovers
6 Amaranto
8.5 Tears to Tiara
10 Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!
5 Wind -A Breath of Heart-
4 Minna de Nyan Nyan
6 Symphonic Rain
9 Princess Waltz
6 Kazoku Keikaku
7 The Sight of Autumn
7 Aoishiro
6 Kara no Shoujo
4 K-ON Galge!? Mio to Yui
5 Private Nurse
7 Tsukihime
8 Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia
7 Edelweiss
6 Kana ~Imouto~
5 Goshujin-sama Daisuki
8 Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~
8 Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo
8 Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo
7.5 Kira☆Kira
6 Polygon Love 2
5 Shira Oka: Second Chances
3 A Profile
4 Ikazuchi no Senshi Raidi 2 ~Jain no Shinden~
8 G-senjou no Maou
5 Cosutte Alien -Yuuwaku no Cosplay H-
4 Homeward
8 Corpse Party Blood Covered
6 Koihime † Musou ~Doki ☆ Otome Darake no Sangokushi Engi~
7 Mirai no Kimi to, Subete no Uta ni
7 Memo
5 Moonlight Walks
7 Kare wa Kanojo
4 D.C. ~Da Capo~
4 D.C.I.F. ~Da Capo Innocent Finale~
4 Amaane Makai Princess Eris wa Eroicha Haramizuma! ~Suki na Dake Dashite Zenbu Shikyuu de Nonde Ag...
9 Shuffle!
8 Hinatabokko
2 Katawa Shoujo
2 School Days
8 Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! S
4 Saya no Uta
7 Yume Miru Kusuri
5 Oreimo Plus
4 Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~
7 Canvas 2 ~Akane Iro no Palette~
7 Tokoyo no Hoshizora
7 Sugar's Delight
7.5 Seiai Gakuen Fechika
2 Shiyou Chuu ~W.C.~
2 Dosukebe Futanarikko ga Hitome wo Nusunde Oogoe de Senzuri ~ Asa kara Zusshiri ☆ Milk Pot 1.5L
9 Yukizakura
2 Imouto Ijime
8.5 Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star-
9 Osananajimi wa Daitouryou ~My girlfriend is the President.~
8 Osananajimi wa Daitouryou ~My girlfriend is the President.~ Fandisc
8 Wanko to Kurasou
4 Escalation ~Kuruai no Fugue~
7 Clannad
7 MoeCureNet
8 Ripples
1 Dustmania Grotesque ~Kaitai Sounyuu Shinsho~
9 Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o: Anata to Koibito Tsunagi
8 Kamidori Alchemy Meister
2 Dual Phase Soukakurou (Anal mo Vagina mo Hirogacchaimashita)

User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2854
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by Oddball » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:05 am

I have played a LOT of vn's, so I think I know what I am talking about.
I'm sure you think that. However, it doesn't make you any less wrong.

A person can be a troll, a person can troll others, but you can't describe something as being "troll'.

Trolling, perhaps, but not troll, and even that's pushing it.

Regardless, bad endings are not specifically trolling. They are BAD endings. There purpose is to be BAD. Now a "trolling" ending would be an ending specifically designed to cause outrage for no real reason.

Let's put it this way, the main character dying sad and alone because he's alienated everyone around him would be a bad ending. The main character getting dumped by his love interest because he did something stupid would be a bad ending. The main love interest killing herself because she thought nobody could ever really love her would be a bit melodramatic, but it would still be just a bad ending.

On the other hand, if you played a nice normal slice of life game set in a normal world, and by the end, everything seemed to work out just fine and everyone was happy, THEN out of nowhere the main character gets hit by a truck and killed, THAT would be an ending that's just trolling.


Also, nobody cares about your list of VNs.
Not Dead Yet

User avatar
Shadowyeclipse
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:42 pm

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by Shadowyeclipse » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 pm

hey0910 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
AnalBag wrote:If that isn't troll.........What is?


You think it is NOT troll to fall in love then have the girl leave you for YEARS and you have to wait that long??
Most illogical.

Quit using troll as an adjective. It isn't one. The only illogical thing here is you using a word without knowing its meaning. Here's a hint: Those endings are unhappy and "troll" does not mean "unhappy".
I have played a LOT of vn's, so I think I know what I am talking about.
-snip-

And what the hell does this do to contribute to the discussion?
Nobody cares. And if it did have relevance, it still means nothing nor does it add any sort of worth to what you say. It just makes you seem like a egotistical neckbeard.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Image
Image

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:17 pm

hey0910 wrote:I have played a LOT of vn's, so I think I know what I am talking about.
How does playing a lot of VNs in any way qualify you as an authority on the meaning of words when you clearly don't know the meaning?

That's like saying I watch a lot of porn so I'm qualified to judge a baking contest. Makes no sense, see?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Kitsune Spirit
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by Kitsune Spirit » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:07 am

Xanatos wrote:
hey0910 wrote:I have played a LOT of vn's, so I think I know what I am talking about.
How does playing a lot of VNs in any way qualify you as an authority on the meaning of words when you clearly don't know the meaning?

That's like saying I watch a lot of porn so I'm qualified to judge a baking contest. Makes no sense, see?
*gigglesnort*

I know what that one poster means by "troll ending", but I can't for the life of me figure out how to explain it. It's not really like a joke ending, but I guess its written in such a way to irritate the reader..?

genericconfusedmisha.jpg

I used that "I know what Im talking about, because..." line in an argument with a stranger once, the look on their face was priceless. xD

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 am

Kitsune Spirit wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
hey0910 wrote:I have played a LOT of vn's, so I think I know what I am talking about.
How does playing a lot of VNs in any way qualify you as an authority on the meaning of words when you clearly don't know the meaning?

That's like saying I watch a lot of porn so I'm qualified to judge a baking contest. Makes no sense, see?
*gigglesnort*

I know what that one poster means by "troll ending", but I can't for the life of me figure out how to explain it. It's not really like a joke ending, but I guess its written in such a way to irritate the reader..?
So because something that should trouble the player troubles the player, troll ending?

Huh. You know, in my world, we call that "good writing"... :? Did 1984 have a troll ending? How about Scarface? The world's not all rainbows and unicorn bukkake, folks. :P Acknowledging that =/= trolling.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Kitsune Spirit
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by Kitsune Spirit » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:19 am

Unicorn bukkake... ;;>.>

Yeah I think you get the gist of "troll ending" though I wasnt sure if I was being clear or not... sometimes I dont even know if my posts make sense!

I do like the occiasional "troll ending", its as you say, good writing if the author can irritate the reader.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 am

Kitsune Spirit wrote:Unicorn bukkake... ;;>.>

Yeah I think you get the gist of "troll ending" though I wasnt sure if I was being clear or not... sometimes I dont even know if my posts make sense!

I do like the occiasional "troll ending", its as you say, good writing if the author can irritate the reader.

Only gist I get is that the guy doesn't know the words he's using. :lol:

And I want a t-shirt that reads "It's all cupcake enemas and unicorn bukkake 'til someone's on Youtube." :mrgreen:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Kitsune Spirit
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by Kitsune Spirit » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 am

I read that in Robin Leech's (lifestyles of the rich and famous) voice, and couldnt stop laughing...

User avatar
2nddimension
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Canada

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by 2nddimension » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 am

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY THREAD :S

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Lilly's Angry Moment

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:29 pm

2nddimension wrote:WHAT HAPPENED TO MY THREAD :S
:lol: It got badly derailed. Welcome to the internet! :mrgreen:

To put it back on track, I always saw that bit of anger as essentially a look behind the curtain. Lilly likes to keep up this pristine elegant cover all the time. But she's got Hanako totally dependent on her, not to mention Hisao...And she can't take a few steps without a collision. Blindness is far from a debilitating condition but it still makes something so simple a chore. Add to that the whole family issue and Scotland...She was just too tired to keep up the cover, and it cracked.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

Post Reply