Kenji's Smile

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dr. Casey

Kenji's Smile

Post by Dr. Casey »

That friendly, boyish playfulness...

The honor which comes with knowing that, even though this guy distrusts most of the world, your presence brings him peace enough to honor you with such a smile...

Kenji's smile is the most charming and rewarding sight in the game that brings us all together... Katawa Shoujo.
Guest Poster

Re: Kenji's Smile

Post by Guest Poster »

Of course, the biggest reason for that is the fact that Kenji's mostly unaware of the extend of Hisao's interaction with the female part of the student body.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Guest Poster wrote:Of course, the biggest reason for that is the fact that Kenji's mostly unaware of the extend of Hisao's interaction with the female part of the student body.
That's kind of sad when you think about it. His happiness is completely based off of a lie.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Guest Poster wrote:Of course, the biggest reason for that is the fact that Kenji's mostly unaware of the extend of Hisao's interaction with the female part of the student body.
What's rather curious is that even when he knows Hisao hangs out with some of the girls (every final section of Act1 barring the bad ending, and certain occasions in the routes) Kenji only freaks out instead of suspecting or antagonizing Hisao. I don't know, i think that all his craziness aside, the guy really does consider Hisao a friend and does trust him. I think it's somewhat like Kensuke from NGE, while he certainly isn't very grounded when it comes to the Evangelions, aside from that he's easily one of the most rational and insightful of the children.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

He's also planning to take over the world, so ofc he's smiling. :D
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Carighan wrote:He's also planning to take over the world, so ofc he's smiling. :D
Valid point. :twisted:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

And he teaches all of us to close curtains to thwart snipers.
yummines

Post by yummines »

actually no. Rin's smile is more rewarding.

i would put Kenji at second though.
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

Probably said this elsewhere, but when Rin smiled and her soundtrack "Parity" started playing towards the end of her path, after all that existential hardship, my elation was enormous and, even with my poor ability for remembrance, the instance where I remarked to myself about having Rin back to her old self is somewhat distinct, and I was probably smiling like an idiot.

All that being said though, I genuinely liked Kenji as a person. Though crazy, he seemed very genuine and friendly. My heart sometimes warmed up when he appeared (not in that way, folks). Enough to the point where when Hisao denies his opportunities to hang out it makes me feel a bit bad, especially when even Hisao isn't angrily dismissive about it. Makes me where his wonder where his fictional life is headed after graduation. The fact that that isn't an experience solely exclusive to the females is pretty impressive.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

I think under his rants and general crazyness, Kenji is genuinely good person. He does drive me a bit nuts though. However to have found a friend in Hisao that makes him happy like that, nothing wrong with that.

Rewarding smile? I think that one goes to Hanako, hands down.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

ArazelEternal wrote:I think under his rants and general crazyness, Kenji is genuinely good person. He does drive me a bit nuts though. However to have found a friend in Hisao that makes him happy like that, nothing wrong with that.

I agree wholeheartedly with both of these statements.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Steinherz wrote:
ArazelEternal wrote:I think under his rants and general crazyness, Kenji is genuinely good person. He does drive me a bit nuts though. However to have found a friend in Hisao that makes him happy like that, nothing wrong with that.

Make that 2 backers
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Yes sir, Hanako's smile is a treasure. Her childlike giggle, even more so.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Emi's "anal" face.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

newnar wrote:
Steinherz wrote:

Make that 2 backers
This.
Xanatos wrote:Emi's "anal" face.
I could never take her "angry" face seriously.
Like, yeah, she's telling me to get out of her house, but with that face I can't help but feel that she's either glued my ass to the chair, or she's undressing me mentally.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02