Kenji's Smile

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Steinherz

Re: Kenji's Smile

Post by Steinherz »

FoxtrotZero wrote: I could never take her "angry" face seriously.
Like, yeah, she's telling me to get out of her house, but with that face I can't help but feel that she's either glued my ass to the chair, or she's undressing me mentally.
Ok, sweet. I'm not the only one who thought this. Yeah I could never take that face seriously, well that and her "devious/planning something" face are also in that category for me with Emi XD
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Yes sir, Hanako's smile is a treasure. Her childlike giggle, even more so.
But you have never heard her giggle.
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

A Forum Member wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Yes sir, Hanako's smile is a treasure. Her childlike giggle, even more so.
I'm sure we can all imagine a "childlike giggle" that would fit Hanako.

Unless you know, you're a no-good lout without an imagination :wink:
Hanako Lover
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Xybaro wrote:
A Forum Member wrote:
I'm sure we can all imagine a "childlike giggle" that would fit Hanako.

Unless you know, you're a no-good lout without an imagination :wink:
It's a game that uses sprites and text. If you don't have the imagination to turn your favourite characters into people, then you aren't doing it right.
And I can assure you, few things lift my heart as much as imagining that giggle.

Edit: Also, I like how we've basically turned this into the "Hanako is better than Kenji" thread.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Steinherz wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote: I could never take her "angry" face seriously.
Like, yeah, she's telling me to get out of her house, but with that face I can't help but feel that she's either glued my ass to the chair, or she's undressing me mentally.
Ok, sweet. I'm not the only one who thought this. Yeah I could never take that face seriously, well that and her "devious/planning something" face are also in that category for me with Emi XD
Agreed on both accounts.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:Also, I like how we've basically turned this into the "Hanako is better than Kenji" thread.
Feminists...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Xanatos wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote:Also, I like how we've basically turned this into the "Hanako is better than Kenji" thread.
Feminists...
You're fools if you think the armada can be stopped.
We have snipers outside your window.

But in all seriousness, if someone wanted to kill Kenji by shooting through his window, it's going to become obvious how you did it. You'd be just as well off taking a machinegun to it and leaving nothing to chance.
Or a bomb. That's classy. And effective.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Feminists...
You're fools if you think the armada can be stopped.
We have snipers outside your window.

But in all seriousness, if someone wanted to kill Kenji by shooting through his window, it's going to become obvious how you did it. You'd be just as well off taking a machinegun to it and leaving nothing to chance.
Or a bomb. That's classy. And effective.
I know that Shizune is best girl so I'll be safe. :P

Why a machine gun? Sniper's faster and more distant.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Xanatos wrote:I know that Shizune is best girl so I'll be safe. :P

Why a machine gun? Sniper's faster and more distant.
Well he closes his curtains to thwart the snipers. And frankly, the only place you could position yourself to snipe into his room would probably be the girls' dorm (which would require his window being on a certain side of the building). I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any actual place for a sniper to perch outside his window.

But anyway, you'd have to be fairly close, and with the curtains always closed, a could hundred rounds from an LMG would rip everything in there to shreds. But that's why a bomb is an equally effective approach.

By the way, someone is going to have to explain the layout of the dorm buildings to me, because I remember one description from Act I, but not only does it not seem compliant with most of the descriptions used throughout the rest of the VN, but it would only permit something like half of the students to have windows, and then the outside of the building would have to have an odd, corrugated shape.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:But anyway, you'd have to be fairly close
Assuming it takes place in 2012, you can actually be pretty far away with the stuff we've got now. :lol:

Me, I'd just tell Lilly there's a pinata in there with a surprise for her. Hand her a baseball bat with the end full of nails. >.>
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Xanatos wrote:
Assuming it takes place in 2012, you can actually be pretty far away with the stuff we've got now. :lol:

Me, I'd just tell Lilly there's a pinata in there with a surprise for her. Hand her a baseball bat with the end full of nails. >.>
I think it was proven somewhere that it actually takes place in 2007, but it's not a problem of how far you can shoot. The school is on top of a mountain, and I'm given to understand the only buildings with more than three floors are the dorms.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

I think it was proven somewhere that it actually takes place in 2007, but it's not a problem of how far you can shoot. The school is on top of a mountain, and I'm given to understand the only buildings with more than three floors are the dorms.
Mountain? Find a mountain troll. Profit.
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

Praising a character for sounds that you imagine them to have... wut?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Denouement wrote:Praising a character for sounds that you imagine them to have... wut?
Yes. The same way characters in films are praised for things they're imagined to have.
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

Huh?

People forming a voice in their head, attaching it to a character, then praising the character for having such a voice (which was formed by them and put on said character by them) is making up a quality about someone and praising someone for the quality you made up.

Not entirely sure what you mean by what you are saying and how it is the same as that. If you mean praising given qualities about fictional characters because the fictional characters were imagined, that's not exactly the same as imagining your own qualities and attributing it to something, the former involves being given what has been created, the latter involves giving what is created.

I'm not going to watch a silent movie and praise the characters and remark afterwards, "Their voices, which I made up, are so beautiful!"