Locations?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SemisoftCheese

Locations?

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Does anyone know what town specifically in Japan was photographed for the game?

I know the city is Sendai, but I'm more interested in the quiet countryside and rolling hills.

I'm heading over to Japan shortly, and would love to take a side visit to feel the feels where they were on the screen.
Steinherz

Re: Locations?

Post by Steinherz »

SemisoftCheese wrote:Does anyone know what town specifically in Japan was photographed for the game?

I know the city is Sendai, but I'm more interested in the quiet countryside and rolling hills.

I'm heading over to Japan shortly, and would love to take a side visit to feel the feels where they were on the screen.
Simple. The exterior of Yamaku is better known as Brown University.
(I'm not too sure on the other locations, but Yamaku is DEFINITELY BRU, I can speak from experience as I've been around it's campus)
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

SemisoftCheese wrote:Does anyone know what town specifically in Japan was photographed for the game?

The 'station' scene or the 'city' scene is pretty unclear (in Lilly's story, it's where Hisao met Akira and Hideaki), but if I am to make a guess...

It's in Tokyo, specifically Kawaguchi station. If you're going from Shibuya, you need to take the JR line to Ikebokuro, make a stop to switch so you can get to Akabane, then make another switch to catch a train to Kawaguchi. You're in the right station if the first thing you see when you step outside is a towering department store. :)

If you take an *extra* stop at Nishi-Kawaguchi, there's a good yakitori and ramen shop just outside the station. Though, if you have limited capability in speaking Japanese you're going to have a hard time
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

The city scenes are indeed mostly from Sendai, with some shots taken in Ueno, Tokyo. The suburban scenery was mostly taken in Kamakura, a small town about 60km south of Tokyo, but you're very unlikely to find the specific spots if that's what you're looking for. I doubt even I could find them again after so many years.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Aura wrote:The city scenes are indeed mostly from Sendai, with some shots taken in Ueno, Tokyo. The suburban scenery was mostly taken in Kamakura, a small town about 60km south of Tokyo, but you're very unlikely to find the specific spots if that's what you're looking for. I doubt even I could find them again after so many years.
Hot damn, I've been wondering just what city was so brilliantly designed as to have elevated walkways.

I'd like to go on a rant about how we don't have anything like that in the U.S., but it would only be good for a particularly large city (San Diego hardly counts) and, ultimately, the largest cities in the U.S. (e.g., New York) tend to be some of the oldest ones. Because nobody is going to build up the foundations and/or dig the streets down (particularly when places like New York have something like thirty feet of underground power, telecommunications, water, sewage, and transportation), a city isn't going to have anything like that unless it's a modern-built large city (which a place with small area and large population like Japan would have).

This is probably not anything new to anyone, but... I felt like the post was lacking in substance.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Megumeru wrote: The 'station' scene or the 'city' scene is pretty unclear (in Lilly's story, it's where Hisao met Akira and Hideaki), but if I am to make a guess...

It's in Tokyo, specifically Kawaguchi station. If you're going from Shibuya, you need to take the JR line to Ikebokuro, make a stop to switch so you can get to Akabane, then make another switch to catch a train to Kawaguchi. You're in the right station if the first thing you see when you step outside is a towering department store. :)
Aura wrote:The city scenes are indeed mostly from Sendai, with some shots taken in Ueno, Tokyo. The suburban scenery was mostly taken in Kamakura, a small town about 60km south of Tokyo, but you're very unlikely to find the specific spots if that's what you're looking for. I doubt even I could find them again after so many years.
Ah, thanks guys. I do know a fair bit of Japanese, and I've got some time to burn. so I might just give it a go anyways. Rent an integra a la-narcissu style and roam the countrysides.

If I do find what I'm looking for, I'll be sure to necro (god forbid) this post with a photobucket album.
completesky

Post by completesky »

SemisoftCheese wrote:If I do find what I'm looking for, I'll be sure to necro (god forbid) this post with a photobucket album.
Make sure to wear a tank top as proof.
Emi's Couch to 5K - Done
Emi's Couch to 10K - Done
100 Push-Up Challenge - Pending
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

FoxtrotZero wrote: Hot damn, I've been wondering just what city was so brilliantly designed as to have elevated walkways.
Actually, in Japan, elevated walkways, as well as overpasses are quite common in many city centers. It doesn't take a new city to build them, just a willingness to do so and
make the city more pedestrian-friendly. If one quality that the Japanese have perfected must be convenience, wonderful convenience. :)
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Beoran wrote:elevated walkways
We call them sidewalks here. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Aura wrote:The city scenes are indeed mostly from Sendai, with some shots taken in Ueno, Tokyo. ...
Do you remember which BGs are from Ueno?
I've been there and even took a few photos, but I didn't see anything familiar from KS.
To be honest I didn't expect to find any there in the first place, so I didn't look too hard.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
InfestedPro

Post by InfestedPro »

Xanatos wrote:
Beoran wrote:elevated walkways
We call them sidewalks here. :P

I think it's too high to call it 'sidewalks'. If you see the picture of the city clearly.
Sidewalks are just that raised platform beside a road(to me).
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Beoran wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote: Hot damn, I've been wondering just what city was so brilliantly designed as to have elevated walkways.
Actually, in Japan, elevated walkways, as well as overpasses are quite common in many city centers. It doesn't take a new city to build them, just a willingness to do so and
make the city more pedestrian-friendly. If one quality that the Japanese have perfected must be convenience, wonderful convenience. :)
Well then I guess they're a bit more perfectionist than the people in charge of building American cities. But then again, this doesn't surprise me, American infrastructure is literally falling apart.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

I live in Parma (maybe someone knows it for the ham or the cheese), it is a quite small city (less than 200k inhabitants) in Italy and we have one elevated walkway.
Considering that Italy is not famous for its building skill, I think it isn't so difficult to build it (just think that here it usually takes at least one month to add a sidewalk in a small street and it's been more than 5 years since they started restoring our train station and they haven't finished yet [nor it seems to improve]).
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
Beoran wrote:
Well then I guess they're a bit more perfectionist than the people in charge of building American cities. But then again, this doesn't surprise me, American infrastructure is literally falling apart.
As opposed to...What, figuratively falling apart? :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Raincollie

Real locations.

Post by Raincollie »

Greetings readers, developers, feelers and perverts alike. I'd like to ask a question regarding the background artwork for the game / novel.
I think I've heard somewhere before that the backgrounds are actually real locations, captured by camera, and then paint-ified.
Is this true? If so, does anyone know about any of those locations? I'll be most grateful to gain some information in the matter, as I'm assuming the devs won't have time to answer this personally.
Thanks in advance. :)

-Holland.