This Game blew my mind

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

mstw23

This Game blew my mind

Post by mstw23 »

This is the first i have really been absorbed by a game i felt like i really connected with all the characters being that i really do have a disability in real life if you want to just ask me and ill tell you and this game really touched me its a work of art and i really would like to see this turned into an anime with the sex scenes and I am hoping that they well make a other one to this series or just a other game in general
Hisao&Hanako<3

Re: This Game blew my mind

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Yes, this game is very touching. My suggestion is to take the energy it's given you and create something with it. Draw something, write something, make some music. Help out with a fan project or something. Just imagine what we could create if a bunch of minds got together...
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

I apologize, but I have this thing about grammar on the internet.
mstw23 wrote:This is the first time I have really been absorbed by a game. I felt like I really connected with all the characters, given that I really do have a disability in real life - if you want to, just ask me and I'll tell you - and this game really touched me. Its a work of art and I really would like to see this turned into an anime with the sex scenes. I am hoping that they well make a other one to this series or just a other game in general.
Yeah, you and the rest of us mate. Well, actually, I think the majority of us are without disability, and I'm sorry to hear you have one, but the whole work-of-art thing. You're not alone there.

I don't think it would be the same sort of an experience as an anime, and KS isn't really a 'series', so I doubt there will be another installment. 4LS has, unfortunately, said that the odds of them making another game are pretty slim, but I think we'd all like to see more beautiful work from them.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

When I finished playing the game, for some reason I could so easily see this as a manga, imaging the covers with the girls on them with the heart logo and everything. It just seems to "fit" in my mind. How it'd be done exactly I'm not sure. It'd either function as a harem where it is just Hisao surrounded by a bunch of girls romantically interested in him, or maybe it can even have different versions where it follows the story of one girl in each volume/series. I wouldn't exactly be fond of the idea of one being "canon" over the rest.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Denouement wrote:When I finished playing the game, for some reason I could so easily see this as a manga, imaging the covers with the girls on them with the heart logo and everything. It just seems to "fit" in my mind. How it'd be done exactly I'm not sure. It'd either function as a harem where it is just Hisao surrounded by a bunch of girls romantically interested in him, or maybe it can even have different versions where it follows the story of one girl in each volume/series. I wouldn't exactly be fond of the idea of one being "canon" over the rest.
I'll say my usual bit on this: Adapting VNs never works. Never has. Never will. VNs lack canon by nature. Other mediums, also by nature, demand canon. Something's got to give there so why diminish it by forcing canon via adaptation when the original is already great? Also, VNs are largely about choice whereas a comic book (or manga if it's Japanese) lacks choice. And VNs have multiple endings. How will you make that work in an adaptation? By just picking one to be the canon? Refer to the beginning of this post for the problem with that. There are simply too many fundamental differences between a visual novel and other mediums for a smooth adaptation.

mstw23 wrote:This is the first i have really been absorbed by a game i felt like i really connected with all the characters...
Join the club. Also, try The Walking Dead game by Telltale. Those fucking feels, man... :cry:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

Well, one of my suggestions was a method of how to avoid having a canon entirely. At any rate, why would having a story, for example the harem concept, be so bad? It's an adaption meaning it isn't the original content. It's like how one can say the manga of an anime is canon and not the latter (or like a movie adaption of a novel, no one considers the movie canon but understands it had to be "adapted" to its new medium), except in this case it'd be Virtual Novel not the manga, and the "canon" of the VN would be its general lack of canon. Anyways, I was more so thinking in a pipe dream sense, I already know it isn't going to happen, I just remember imagining it in my head and enjoying it.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Well, for anyone who would like to take it serious to do any kind of adaptation, why not just have different people work on different versions? Everyone can collaborate together to use the same overall style such as a manga, but have each version about a different girl. No need to choose one as canon. It would take more work, but just saying...
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Denouement wrote:When I finished playing the game, for some reason I could so easily see this as a manga, imaging the covers with the girls on them with the heart logo and everything. It just seems to "fit" in my mind. How it'd be done exactly I'm not sure. It'd either function as a harem where it is just Hisao surrounded by a bunch of girls romantically interested in him, or maybe it can even have different versions where it follows the story of one girl in each volume/series. I wouldn't exactly be fond of the idea of one being "canon" over the rest.
I was imagining it as a manga as I was playing through. The chapter endings all felt like, well, chapter endings in a manga. Every time that clock-heart-logo came up, I was picturing the next chapter title page; certain scenes were playing out in my mind in panel layouts.

But that may just be the mental habit of a guy with a degree in comics. ;)

As far as someone actually adapting the game to manga, I don't think the devs would be cool with that, based on what they've said about derivative works and such. I'm happy to just let Katawa Shoujo be a VN, though having said that I'm quite happy to read and create fan fiction about it for the time being.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

I'd rather not see this turn into a manga. Why? A massive fan war would break out over which arc be considered the canon arc. I mean if the war did break out i'd probably take command of the Hanako faction for reasons of being an invincible monster, but by the time i was done killing everyone who uses the term "Hanabro" the Hanako Faction could lose it's number advantage. Then again i could convince the much smaller Shizune faction that since they were going to lose anyway they should join us in the fight against the Lilly faction.

...oh yes and yeah, the first time i read Katawa Shoujo (I don't consider it a game) i was pretty blown away too, especially by Hanako in case you didn't notice.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

What's wrong with the term "Hanabro"? I use it jokingly as a term between good guy friends.

Then again I use it more seriously too, as a term to represent guys that really like Hanako... like me! :lol:
In fact, I think me and a fellow Hanabro invented the term "Hanasister" too. Nothing wrong with it, unless there's already some negative connotation associated with it all that I don't know about...
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:What's wrong with the term "Hanabro"? I use it jokingly as a term between good guy friends.

Then again I use it more seriously too, as a term to represent guys that really like Hanako... like me! :lol:
In fact, I think me and a fellow Hanabro invented the term "Hanasister" too. Nothing wrong with it, unless there's already some negative connotation associated with it all that I don't know about...
Pyramid Head is most likely referring to Bronies/Pegasisters... you know the really IRRITATING fans of My Little Pony
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:What's wrong with the term "Hanabro"? I use it jokingly as a term between good guy friends.

It seriously sounds like a pet name of employees at a gay bar. Hanako's name more or less mean's "Flower Girl" and variations on the name appear in different languages. So if you take "Hana" which means "Flower" and add "Bro" to it... you see where i'm coming from, yes? Plus the term "Bro" pisses me off. Every time someone calls me "Bro" while offering me piss water he's passing off as beer i just want to stab him in the goddamn eyes..

Bronies haven't helped either. People who try to pretend that a half-assed toy commercial is a masterpiece that is above criticism in any shape or form also leave me with the whole "Eye Stab" thing.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Steinherz wrote: Pyramid Head is most likely referring to Bronies/Pegasisters... you know the really IRRITATING fans of My Little Pony

Pegasisters?
...so am i the only one alive who just settles for saying "I'm a Hanako fan" or "I'm a xxxHOLiC fan?" Does everything need a stupid nickname?!
I'm depressed now. I need something to cheer me up. Maybe this will help.

Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Pyramid Head wrote: Maybe this will help.
http://katawa-shoujo.com/secret/santa12 ... .Gebyy.jpg
Oh My.
Last edited by Silentcook on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Steinherz wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote: Oh My.

Don't know if that's really appropriate here. I mean don't get me wrong even with the haircuts both of them are so attractive they could go into the desert and make the sand sprout wood, but isn't George Takei gay?