Hanako? More like Hanaho. *spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Denouement

Re: Hanako? More like Hanaho. *spoilers*

Post by Denouement »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:To see the beauty in Hanako, one has to be very empathetic. You have to be good at "other peoples' pain being your own pain." You also have to know what it means for "someone else's happiness being essential to your own." If you do not understand these things, you will not see the beauty of Hanako.
Am I the only one that dislikes the sound of such a symbiotic relationship? That kind of love is tantamount to viewing yourself as half a person and putting your well-being outside of your control. And experience wise I've loved in such manners before and it was never healthy or helpful. It's understandable from an infant because he or she is in such a psychological state, but for someone to be an adult and like that is something else entirely.

Guess that's partially why I'm a fan of Rin I guess.

At any rate, I don't really view Hanako like that, nor could I respect her as an individual character if I did.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Renegade Starlight wrote:In Act 4 of her route, she sure does give up her virginity easily, doesn't she? Not even Emi is as much of a nympho as Hanako is.

...Are you stupid? "Nympho" implies an addiction to sex or at least a severe fondness for it. You can't have an addiction to what you've never experienced. Never mind that they've had plenty of time by then to establish a connection to one another. Is anyone who lays with their romantic interest a ho these days? What the hell is wrong with you?

I'd call troll on this but it comes off more as being ridiculously ignorant than anything else.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

We can actually start a discussion out of this.

So let's see, in ActIV of Hanako's route the OP claimed that "she sure does give up her virginity easily, doesn't she? Not even Emi is as much of a nympho as Hanako is". Frankly, I may disagree on Hanako's take on the situation but I can't bring myself to call her a 'ho' as situations and her psychology geared her towards that decision. So let's see how the events of the route is laid out that leads to the situation:
-Hanako takes Hisao to her room to bear her scars and show him her full-trust
-Hisao has a healthy adolescent sex drive. He jumped first on to Hanako (ACTIV, Whispered touch--"Her lips are open, just a little. She lets out a sharp breath as, without thinking, I breathlessly lean forwards and press my lips to hers.")
-Post-scene, Hanako admits her fear and take on the event (ACTIV, Adulthood--"I thought...you might eventually go away if I was only someone you needed to protect. I thought that if I let you do that...you might see me as someone more than that.")

I can't help it, but this PSA actually fits:
"Just because she doesn't say 'no', doesn't mean it's a 'yes'. Don't be 'that guy'." :lol:

When Hisao walked into class the next day with Hanako, he realize that he has become "that guy".

now anyway, back to the point.
Now we look into Hanako's psyche. As a character, she is well-known as the timid girl that is very much submissive at certain times until you step on that landmine where Dovah-Hanako shows up and 'Fus ro Dah' Hisao. Hanako is--to some degree--identical to Shizune. She wants to make friends but her disability prevented her from doing so, a lone friend that acts as her mediator until specific time, and how she values her friends.

But unlike Shizune, Hanako values trust at a much greater stance, whereas the former places more emphasis on the good of others more than herself.

So when Hisao shows Hanako her scars, she saw it as a sense of 'bond' or 'trust' more than anything--and she feels that it's only fair for her to do the same. This took up a gargantuan amount of courage from her side, and when Hisao jumped the gun she doesn't refuse--rather, her psyche can't refuse. Why? Because of her fear of losing someone implemented by her accident when she was eight years old (in Shizune's case, it's her fear of being isolated and left alone). So more than any, her bad ending destroyed her because she's the one who drove Hisao away, though to be fair it is Hisao's fault in the first place--way to go, hero!

In the end, we ask ourselves if the scene is consensual (or the usual raep-discussion pops up). To that, as awkward as it is, it is consensual as seen at the conclusion of the scene--still, that doesn't mean Hisao isn't wrong in that part. He is the one at fault and became 'that guy', but it was redeemed later in ACTIV, Adulthood when he admits it.

also, "nympho" is basically 'a woman with abnormal sexual desires'. Unless you change its meaning in the dictionary as 'healthy adolescent sex drive', then no it doesn't hold candle to your statement OP.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Megumeru wrote:it is Hisao's fault in the first place
And now, here's your resident naysayer to say: Wrong! Both of them are at fault in that ending and if you don't see that, you need to re-evaluate your understanding of how people work in the world. :P (Or I can elaborate. Whichever works.)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Xanatos wrote:
Megumeru wrote:it is Hisao's fault in the first place
And now, here's your resident naysayer to say: Wrong! Both of them are at fault in that ending and if you don't see that, you need to re-evaluate your understanding of how people work in the world. :P (Or I can elaborate. Whichever works.)
Well, you can say that.

...actually when I think about it, you're actually right on that one. Hanako could've said something, but she didn't. Hisao could've stopped, but he didn't.

So yes, they're both wrong in that sense. I stand corrected :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
yummines

Post by yummines »

I smell a troll, or at least an idiot.

Rin is still best girl anyways.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

yummines wrote:I smell a troll, or at least an idiot.

The thread title reeks of troll but the post itself smells more of severe idiocy...This image is painfully appropriate:

Denouement

Post by Denouement »

You're a pretty cool guy, I like you.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Why is such an idiotic observation being entertained?
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Here's the deal, people, based on what I've been reading here so far. This is how I personally feel about it, no breach is intended. :lol:

I personally feel that Hanako's bad ending is just there for the sake of having a bad ending. Don't you notice how when you make the wrong decision, the game "punishes" you by making Hisao talk/act like an idiot? The choices that lead to a bad ending don't necessarily reflect how the situation would really go. I saw the beginning of the scene, as Hisao enters Hanako's room on her birthday. I recall her "appearing very sullen" or something to that effect. BUT! She wasn't shutting him out at that point. Why? Cause even though her door was locked, Hisao spoke gently and kindly, and she unlocked the door and let him in! If she had been angry with him at that point, she most likely wouldn't have even unlocked the door. So that tells me that since the wrong decision was selected earlier, the game says, "ok, now it's time to screw things up." So Hisao says something that upsets Hanako greatly, she gets mad at him and yells, and kicks him out of her room.

Know what I'm saying? I mean like, I never thought choosing to relax and spend time alone for the rest of the day could make a girl mad at you like that. As I said in the beginning, I feel it's a bad ending just for the sake of having one.

Oh yeah, one more thing, guys. Based on a more recent comment. There is no "best girl." All the girls are exactly the same in who is "best." What WILL differ though, is how each girl affects the feelings of each individual person, and hey, that's allowed to be different cause we're all different people. No need to argue over it. I feel Hanako's story is the best for ME. It's perfectly ok for anyone else to prefer another girl, and it doesn't mean any of the girls are any less or more than another. Find the girl that speaks to YOU the most.
yummines

Post by yummines »

Denouement wrote:

You're a pretty cool guy, I like you.
i-it's not like i like your either or anything... baka!
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Oh yeah, one more thing, guys. Based on a more recent comment. There is no "best girl." All the girls are exactly the same in who is "best." What WILL differ though, is how each girl affects the feelings of each individual person, and hey, that's allowed to be different cause we're all different people. No need to argue over it. I feel Hanako's story is the best for ME. It's perfectly ok for anyone else to prefer another girl, and it doesn't mean any of the girls are any less or more than another. Find the girl that speaks to YOU the most.
yea i'm aware of that. it's all up to personal prefernce really. i'm just saying i like Rin the most so it doesn't really matter to me what people say about Hanako. at least he isn't one of those guys that still thinks Hisao raped Hanako.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I never thought choosing to relax and spend time alone for the rest of the day could make a girl mad at you like that.
It's good that you never thought that because that isn't at all what happens.
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Xybaro wrote:
Brogurt wrote:how the fuck did this already get 12 replies
most of which appear to be serious
really now, is there a brain-degenerative disease transmitted through the internet that I don't know about or what
welcome to the KS forums

:wink:
Yeah Brogurt you must be new to the forums
$50 says I live more South than all of you
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Nobody in Particular wrote:Err, I get the impression that a few people inthis topic are actually taking the OP seriously. He's obviously joking, no need to get so mad.
On one hand, there is nothing to joke about when people insult my waifu (I'm still not sure I'm using that term correctly).
On the other, I don't know how threatening the offending individual with a flamethower is anything other than blatant irony.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ShadeHaven wrote:Why is such an idiotic observation being entertained?
Because it's entertaining.