Did we change?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Velitation

Re: Did we change?

Post by Velitation »

YZQ wrote:Also, now getting used to dropping into the forums like a bar. Of course, beer has to be self-provided.
Haha, I think that's probably what's going to happen to me soon. Lots of stuff and people on here.

I'll introduce myself as a college grad that is in transistion from coursework to work work.

KS was a bit of a wakeup call for me to get my life balanced again. Need to get back into the exercise routine, get back into music, maybe try some writing, starting a new job... all the good stuff. But then the bad stuff needs to be dealt with too. All in due time.
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
Umbra
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Post by Umbra »

I couldn't say that KS changed my life like it did to other peeps here. But KS taught me an important lesson. That first and foremost, in whatever you are doing, you mustn't be miserable.

It is unhealthy. It sucks away your time and makes everything seem bland. Change and happiness is impossible if you are miserable. It's not even about having a girlfriend, or getting a hobby, or getting of your ass to work out. It's about living a happy life, being content with what you are.

If you can see the ground you're standing on, you can move on :)
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.
neio

Post by neio »

YZQ wrote:Also, now getting used to dropping into the forums like a bar. Of course, beer has to be self-provided.
That is much more eloquent than the phrase deserves :o
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
win746

Post by win746 »

Umbra wrote:I couldn't say that KS changed my life like it did to other peeps here. But KS taught me an important lesson. That first and foremost, in whatever you are doing, you mustn't be miserable.

It is unhealthy. It sucks away your time and makes everything seem bland. Change and happiness is impossible if you are miserable. It's not even about having a girlfriend, or getting a hobby, or getting of your ass to work out. It's about living a happy life, being content with what you are.

I totally agree with you. At first after finishing KS I thought that achieving happiness and content like the story of KS is impossible, but the dream itself is unrealistic. We need to work from where we are, and also be happy with it, because we achieved it AND progressing. That's my lesson I learnt atleast.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Dream

Post by Dream »

Umbra wrote:I couldn't say that KS changed my life like it did to other peeps here. But KS taught me an important lesson. That first and foremost, in whatever you are doing, you mustn't be miserable.

Huh, that's not bad. Good point.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
ShadeHaven

If it weren't for KS...

Post by ShadeHaven »

...I would've probably never realized how much I enjoy reading, or at least not until a good while later.

Yup, it's another one of these threads.
Hans PK
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Re: If it weren't for KS...

Post by Hans PK »

If it weren't for KS I'd be doing something productive instead of reading fanfics. I lie.

I'd also be pretty depressed, so it balances out.
What is there left to say?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

If it weren't for KS, I wouldn't chuckle at bacon.

Hi, I'm the bad guy. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Umber

Post by Umber »

Work ethic would've kept sinking like a stone. If that's what you call Rin trying to swim, or something.

And I would've never gone back to writing again.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

ShadeHaven wrote:...I would've probably never realized how much I enjoy reading, or at least not until a good while later.

Yup, it's another one of these threads.
I'm pretty much right with you there.

KS has opened my mind to so many possibilities in life. I never was the most avid reader in my childhood, but KS has awakened my inner author, and I've developed a passion for reading and writing.

Not trying to make this a, "Thanks 4L studio" thread, but really, a thousand thanks to the developers of KS. They have enlightened my mind more than anyone has ever done before.
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

If it weren't for KS. I would not being here, of course.

If it weren't for KS, I would not being able to write and read English Braille.

If it weren't for KS, I would not understand myself better than it was.

If it weren't for KS, I would not like Rin.

If it weren't for KS, I would not play Higurashi no naku ni and Narcissu

If it weren't for KS, I would still be like "OMG! A normal and a disabled lover! This is what true love means!" which now I dislike that.

If it weren't for KS, I would not use FL Studio.

If it weren't for KS, I would not know your guys.

It it weren't for KS, I would not have dream to change the world.

Thank you. KS
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I wouldn't be trying to write, or have all these feelings.

Would also be a more bitter person. And more reluctant to show my sensitive side.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:I wouldn't be trying to write, or have all these feelings.

Would also be a more bitter person. And more reluctant to show my sensitive side.
That's actually a very good way to put it. I would without a doubt be much more bitter if it weren't for KS. I would also probably be a lot more depressed like I was not too long ago and less willing to talk to anyone else about my emotions. I wouldn't be reading nearly as much and working on writing either. But most importantly I never would've met anyone here on the forums and made such wonderful friends. :D
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
neio

Post by neio »

I'd be less open about myself. One theme throughout the game is being open to others, whether it's about your health, past, or interests. Since KS, I've found that it really helps when trying to get to know people if you let them know about you; before, I was very guarded.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Of course theres a downside too. Lately KS has made me realize how sad and lonely I am in my real life.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.