Did we change?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

sasquatch

inspiration

Post by sasquatch »

Well, i think it's due time to get another thread rolling in here

so, in this thread we'll share stories about how KS has inspired you to do certain things.

going from the large Emi- running thread i'm assuming many people were inspired to keep healthy, i myself already do sports 3 times a week so I didnt feel as obligated to start running even more ^^

I did however start teaching myself some piano with the KS soundtrack, something i've been meaning to try for some 4 years now, give or take.

So how did you change? Did u start new hobbies, get new perspectives on life, asked that long time crush out? anything goes :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand go!
Solistor

Re: inspiration

Post by Solistor »

I was inspired to be apathetic
Does that count?

All joking aside I haven't really been ~~~*~*INSPIIIRED*~*~~~ to do anything
Paropues

Re: inspiration

Post by Paropues »

In my case to start writting And stop Being scared of life, because happiness is not going to fall from the sky.
Umber

Re: Did we change?

Post by Umber »

There's a thread for this, I'm sure, but this seems like a nice place to post until/if this gets moved.

I started to run again, working on Emi's Couch to 5k. A lot of my drawings have been coming based off of ideas from KS and Gorillaz, even though I listen to the latter a majority of the time. Also, lots of foruming. The good and bad kind. :mrgreen: Ehehe.

Personal changes that don't belong here, I'll mention but not talk about. KS is very nice, yes? Teaching myself ASL, I should add that.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Well, I guess after a month or so, I've refined my sense of humour, due to the foruming.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
El Psy Congroo

Post by El Psy Congroo »

Kinda. Sometimes all the change a person needs is to be able to look in the mirror and tell themself that they love themself.

I feel Katawa is that catalyst for most people. They have lives and the potential to make them better, but most of them don't because they aren't motivated to.

Katawa lets you experience a very intimate and loving relationship with another person, even if that person isn't real in the literal sense of the word. It reaches out to the beta and /b/tards and doesn't just tell them that they should be loved, but shows them that they should be loved.

That's what it was for to me anyway. Katawa didn't change me, so much as show me that I should love myself. I'm a flawed person, I always will be. Hell, I think the person I am right now is the most perfect me I will ever be, and that person is an inconsiderate, pessimist with anxiety issues. But its' me. Its' a me that tries to be better. Its' the me Katawa helped me see and come to love. Its' the me that Katawa made me want to take care of.

So, yeah, kinda.
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

In some ways I have, though in others I simply became more aware of my faults but have yet to succeed in changing myself for the better. Some are a bit personal (especially regarding the latter) and are probably better suited for other topics, once I'm more comfortable talking about them. Though I'll say that I too picked up running. How original, I know. :V
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Caden Tiksaril wrote:In some ways I have, though in others I simply became more aware of my faults but have yet to succeed in changing myself for the better. Some are a bit personal (especially regarding the latter) and are probably better suited for other topics, once I'm more comfortable talking about them. Though I'll say that I too picked up running. How original, I know. :V
Being aware is the first step to change. Take it slowly.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
MutilatedManequin

Post by MutilatedManequin »

KS did affect me. Since playing, I've started writing. Besides that, I also intend to learn ASL, because Shizunes route taught me that the people who speak the least have the best stuff to say.

Oh and also I look at people more
There is a method to my madness, a random number of random steps done in no particular order to accomplish god knows what
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I've started sketching and writing recently just in an effort to get rid of these damn feelings.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Umber

Post by Umber »

pandaphil wrote:I've started sketching and writing recently just in an effort to get rid of these damn feelings.
Same here. More writing than sketching. Lost a lot of cents to Steinherz.

I also think he's the only one that's going to get that joke.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I've started sketching and writing recently just in an effort to get rid of these damn feelings.
Why would you want to do that?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
Umber wrote:
Probably because they make it hard to think about anything else. It sounds stupid, but I can't seem to bring myself to leave the KS world. Must have more!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:
Umber wrote:
Not sure. Just writing stories seems to work out pretty well, it's a nice time burner. That, and I get to collaborate with someone, so that's a couple hours entertainment for me.

Panda's predicament might be different, though. I think he posts his feels to make feels, whereas my feels goes into a fuel tank for writing...stuff.

Oh look, ninja'd.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Also, now getting used to dropping into the forums like a bar. Of course, beer has to be self-provided.