Did we change?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umber

Re: Did we change?

Post by Umber »

pandaphil wrote: And we're always happy to welcome new faces and new pov's here. Seems like sometimes we start to run out of things to talk about here. And things start to get wierd.
Because of Shizune's route, I've learned to not be so pressuring and controlling. But you could attribute that to being much more emotionally aware of others' feelings, too. Katawa Shoujo does that.

And while I really dislike correcting people, I do enjoy the sense of pride it gives me. You spelled 'weird' wrong, Panda. Hehe.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

This did make me chAnge. Before I played this I dismissed my artistic side, caught up in my old art teachers word's. Now, oddly enough, I'm engaging in more creative ventures although I think I've forgotten how to do it. It also made me more comfortable in my own disabilities.
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
Dream

Post by Dream »

rockin robin wrote:This did make me chAnge. Before I played this I dismissed my artistic side, caught up in my old art teachers word's. Now, oddly enough, I'm engaging in more creative ventures although I think I've forgotten how to do it. It also made me more comfortable in my own disabilities.
That's really nice to hear, it can sometimes be easy to feel discouraged or insecure regarding art, so it's great to know such an uplifting game inspired you to try again.

On topic: I think most people didn't really change, but some did (and do)
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

rockin robin wrote:This did make me chAnge. Before I played this I dismissed my artistic side, caught up in my old art teachers word's. Now, oddly enough, I'm engaging in more creative ventures although I think I've forgotten how to do it.
It'll take you awhile to get back into it. But after 3 weeks or so, once your remember all those little habits that helped you do it and, perhaps, even discover new ones that work better...it feels just like old times again, if not better. At least, that's been my experience. :)
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

Loonie wrote:
rockin robin wrote:This did make me chAnge. Before I played this I dismissed my artistic side, caught up in my old art teachers word's. Now, oddly enough, I'm engaging in more creative ventures although I think I've forgotten how to do it.
It'll take you awhile to get back into it. But after 3 weeks or so, once your remember all those little habits that helped you do it and, perhaps, even discover new ones that work better...it feels just like old times again, if not better. At least, that's been my experience. :)
i think my mindset has changed my ar style, because my favorite art tools im no lt feeling anymore. damm art teacher, i like my watercoloring
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
megamanrulesall

Post by megamanrulesall »

I haven't been on the forum in ages ever since the came out and shared stuff about how it made me feel as well as telling aspects of my own life story and struggles, in that, helping inspire other people.

If you want to hear about my life and stuff, feel free to PM me.

I replayed the game 100% again a month or two ago. Back at the end of October 2011, I had neck/spinal surgery because my vertebrae or something like it was compressing my spinal cord. It was get surgery or become paralyzed at some point. The game came out, I played it in one sitting, blah blah blah.

I have been having issues for a while of headaches that feel like back of neck and like a spike through to right eye. Also some type of non cancerous tumor & cyst near pituitary gland.

ANYWHO, I have always been one to be a positive person and help others. I am always the type of person who over analyzes and tries to come up with alternate situations or whatnot to things in an anime.

One would be like, how would Hanako have been if in the orphanage she was in someone was a friend to her, would she be as shy? But then my mind goes in other directions in a hypothetical, If I was in the KS universe with these events having happened, maybe this could have happened and characters would act like whatever.

I am the type that thinks of things like alternate realities, having other lives we can live after this, all sorts of things. If anything, KS has given my mind another huge universe with possibilities to explore.

One idea is like, the character or person I would be in "That life". My head is doing it's spike of pain BS again so I am not as coherent as perhaps I could be. Then again, it is a bit of a challenge for me to know what word would go with what emotion to do being at times emotionally and moreso a tad bit physically numb. In some instances I could be somewhat like Rin in the whole not knowing what words are right to say and the overactive imagination (That I can't get to shut up sometimes. >_<).

I am sure it has helped in some ways, but as to what they are, I am not sure if I know. Either way, to the Devs, thanks for the great game/universe/characters that were created.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

megamanrulesall wrote:very nice backstory/information
You need to frequent the forums more often friendo, you seem pretty cool :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
megamanrulesall wrote:very nice backstory/information
You need to frequent the forums more often friendo, you seem pretty cool :lol:
I second this motion. :mrgreen:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
megamanrulesall

Post by megamanrulesall »

Eh, what the hell. I'll go ahead and post pretty much my life story in a sense.

I am lucky to even exist due to the fact that my biological parents did drugs and other crap. I was born 2 months premature, weighing roughly 3 pounds. I had a twin that died and I myself nearly did as well due to lack of oxygen to the brain. I pulled through it though.

At the age of 2, I was taken from my biological parents due to a spiral fracture of one of my arms, maybe was right, but don't know for sure. I have these odd circular "splotch" marks on the top of my left hand near the first knuckle area, but you'd have to look close. Also have on high inner thigh, but seems to have faded to match rest of skin and that one was larger. From the age of 2-6, I was in a foster home. I got my hair pulled a lot during my stay there. I also have a memory fragment of being in a crob, finding one of those "S" curtain hooks and drilling a hole with a circle around it near the wall where the crib was against.

At the age of 6, I was adopted by my parents and have lived with them since. Though I did move out into my own apartment I want to say maybe July 2010/2011, can't remember.

My school life was pretty much a living hell through it all. Always being teased for being "Different" due to some mental stuff that I had that was "different". I remember many times, even through the first 2 years of high school coming home crying to my parents due to shit I had to deal with. One thing I always knew though was to NEVER do things that had been done to me do to how it felt bad. In a sense, breaking the cycle of aggression. I have a scar I got when I was doing ~300 pounds on the leg press. I had been put in the Special Ed PE class (Mainly so I didn't have to change in front of others and risk getting teased or possibly worse.)

I had been helping this one kid, I think his name was Alex or something. He was considered legally blind. The day had been raining, so the equipment was wet. This was over 10 years ago I think (28 years old now). Anywho, the equipment was really old stuff. My feet slipped off, the weight crashed down and sliced a good sliver of skin off my shin down to the bone. As in pure white.

I slowly made my way outside to a thigh high brick wall. Someone asked if I was okay. I told them to get Alex so he didn't think I ditched him and then after asked if someone could get an "Ice Patch" aka frozen damp sponge in sealable plastic bag.

My mom thought I should have gotten stitches for it, but as you know there is barely any skin to grab unto. Now just feels rubbery as like no sensation.

Also, I had neck surgery at the end of October 2011. They had to widen something to do with my spine or vertebrae or something because my spinal cord was being piched to where if I say, jumped, when I landed hard. it felt like ellectricity running through my arms to my finger tips, only without the lightning similar to the Emperor of Star wars. Let's just say after that, you get to enjoy the feeling as though you shoved both hands into buckets of thumbtacks and had to leave then there for about 2 hours. >_<

I had the surgery, had been waiting when KS came out. I had to do very little for 3 months. KS came out, played it in one sitting, with 2 sleepless nights. ^_^;

After having had the surgery other things I may have had before came back with a vengeance. Think really bad headaches but like, near the base of the skull, right side and then imagine a spike being shoved into your skull and the tip presses against your eye. Now, imagine someone taking a hammer and lightly tapping it over & over. Those are the days where the pain is the worst.

I had been doing great, but it seems like within the last 2-3 weeks, they have come back strong. I am lucky to work at a place for people with various disabilities (mental and physical) so they are understanding about when I have flareups and need to stay home.

I do admit, sometimes when the pain is high, my mind drifts back to a bunch of ideas that all run through my head such as if I were in this anime/universe/etc, what would happen if I was in it with these specifications and whatnot. I've had ideas of like wondering if after one dies, can we set up a new life to live to challenge ourselves more then in the last life.

I myself would never thing of suicide, I am one that likes to think in terms of alternate realities and ideas to different scenarios I've seen/heard/read/etc about in various mediums of art.

I am a hugely open-minded guy, non judgmental and my friends say I have the patience of a Saint as they have never seen someone not get upset or whatnot at the level I do. My thing is, pretty much. these things happen. It is what it is. Stressing will only make things worse, so try not to stress about it. I take things as they come.

I have even acted as a form of counselor/therapist to my mom and friends. My mom was all like "This shouldn't be happening. You should be the one with issues and me giving the advice, except I have the issue and you are giving me advise. She says it is as if my mental age/soul/etc is far older then my physical form. My friends have said that as well. I also always tell myself that no matter what pain or whatnot, that this is not the worst thing that can happen. This pain or whatever. The fact is that I am alive and if I am alive, then I can fight against that which is trying to keep me down. It may not work, but you have to keep trying. I think there are people where if they had stuff I had done, they might not have the mental/etc fortitude and would try suicide to make stuff go away.

I may not know my purpose in life, but maybe some part of it is to help others and be there for people if they need advise, or even a place to get away from BS in their home lives. I do my best to make my apartment be a type of Sanctuary where my friends can hang out and relax. You won't believe all the video games I have as well as figure collection. :D I am a pretty laid back person, most bad stuff just rolls over me like a wave. Also, I am pretty much an open book in the sense of if you ask me questions more then likely, I'll answer it.

If you want to know the gaming systems I have, or if you have questions or comments, feel free to PM me.

Hope this post wasn't too long for everyone. ^_^; It is almost 11:15pm here, so time to try that which i hear people refer to as "sleep". Take care and everyone remember, as long as you are alive, you have the power to fight against whatever is keeping you down or causing you issues. You just have to believe in yourself.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that I am sensitive to bright lights where I can get bad headaches if I don't wear my prescritption shades. Eye sight could be better. Also have been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. I try not to let labels define me. Also, it seems my skin in general seems to have the sensitivity of touch and pain lowered. I could slap my arm till it is red and barely feel anything. Now take that and have it pretty much everywhere and sometimes the lack of sensation factor is increased where like, image your face itches but no matter how much you try to itch it it is like a forcefield in place so you feel nothing.

EDIT2: Link to my original "intro" post. Has some tidbits I may have forgotten about.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... all#p66311
and my post I made in the "Rin's Path discussion" thread:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... 165#p69007

If you feel like reading go ahead, though I could see why you may not due to the "wall of text". XD

EDIT3": If anyone wants to see the scar from the neck surgery, you can see it here (INSERT WARNING ABOUT A PIC OF A SCAR THAT SOME MAY FIND ODD OR GROSS OR WHATEVER HERE) :
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/8837128/
Here is a pic of me in the neckbrace I had to wear a LONG time while occupying my parents room for a month.
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/6768301/
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

I've noticed that since Shizune's route I've been a bit more competitive and try a lot more to bring out people into doing things.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

KS changed my behavior a little bit, in the sense that I became a bit more open about some issues I have, and somewhat more social in general. Moreover the history of the visual novel's creation helped me finally decide to start making my own project, not a visual novel but it has given me motivation nonetheless. So yeah, it has changed me a bit. :)
"The things that I want", by Hanako Ikezawa. A chocolate bar. A cup of tea. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My parents and skin back. Unlimited chess pieces and a license to skip turns. Right then, more than anything, I wanted him.
Stardiouses

Post by Stardiouses »

Maybe it's a little bit weird but after Shizune's path I started learning sing language :).
I had wanted to learn for ages, but after her route I felt that I should start for real.
putteno1

Post by putteno1 »

KS was a catalyst that triggered my first stepst towards adulthood ( I dunno if it's KS or if anything else would have done it at a later stage).
First of all, i got rid of my gaming addiction over a night. I realized exactly why i did it and got sick of myself for how for a went for it.
I realized why i escaped reality and started to reflect over ways of solving it and, as a result, i reached out and got two close friends.
I started dealing with all my emotions that had piled up over the years that i had hid under a pile of ambition and addiction and dealt with all my issues that hindered me in my every day life.

I matured and basically made a personality chage because of this. I had recieved new self-respect that comes from understanding and I became calmer and more secure. I've always suppresed myself because of others, so i started to ignore what others said and did things my way. I was well-trained but I had never before had confidence in my body (or confidence at all). I became calm, i started to realize my strengths and weaknesess and acted accordingly.

long story short: i grew up, started see things differently and behaved differently and now i'm actually satsified with my life. I have a goal now.

sorry if it sounds dramatic but it's true (at least, that's how it felt for me). KS just happened to be the catalyst that triggered this development, so yes. I did change.
wall of text ends here ^^
Koi

Post by Koi »

Change, real change.
Yes, I believe KS got me more interested in how people feel and what their stories are. Instead of thinking: "She looks bored"
I now think: "Wow she must have had some sort of complicated series of events happen to her and now she has no idea what to do with her life".
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

putteno1 wrote:KS was a catalyst that triggered my first stepst towards adulthood ( I dunno if it's KS or if anything else would have done it at a later stage).
First of all, i got rid of my gaming addiction over a night. I realized exactly why i did it and got sick of myself for how for a went for it.
You know, back in my day, people played games just because they're fun. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."