Bad endings you saw first

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Brisingr

Re: Bad endings you saw first

Post by Brisingr »

The first bad ending I got was Shizune's just to see what happened but it didn't hit me anywhere near as hard as when I got Hanako's bad ending by accident. I wanted to call it a day and that was bad.
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

Well, after getting Emi's good ending on my first playthrough, I went and tried to go on Shizune's path. But ended up on Kenji's path instead. :?

During Hanako's playthrough. I got the neutral ending first.
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

I didn't know Misha meant 'that' with comfort. I was fully expecting hugs and shoulder crying. I meant that's all I want when I want comfort, not sex lol.

So.. yeah first bad ending... Kenji or Emi, Kinda fuzzy these days.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

My first playthrough was Shizune's bad ending (this was initially based on a misunderstanding what the Misha choice meant). Gut-wrenching horrible.
I did not play the good ending until the next day though, instead letting it simmer a bit. I thought the writing of the relationship between Misha and Shizune was amazing, as often as the path is criticized. I think while it might be shorter or lacking in Shizune/Hisao development, the way the friendship between Misha and Shizune becomes a central part of the story is more than enough to make up for it.

After that... well...
I figured I need to do something less tragic, so I did Shizune's good ending next (ended up crying...), then Rin (that one was horrible, despite being the good ending).
After that I did Emi's path blind, ended up with the bad ending, but it was ok, it made sense and when I saw the choice I was more "I wonder if I judged the writer of this character right?" than anything else. Yep, did. Next did the good ending, I like Emi, I hear her path is also quite often criticized.
Then Hanako, which had me in tears again, and that was just the good ending.
And last Lilly. Now I got told by someone on reddit to do it last because after it I wouldn't want to turn the game on any more. Sound advise. I also learned a few days later that the good basically includes the neutral path. I cried rivers with this path, possibly because I was so sensitive from the other paths by then.

Only later did I go back and do the remaining bad endings for Hanako (ugh!) and Rin (cried...).

Anyhow, in total, saw Shizune's and Emi's bad endings first. Shizune's I think is ~mandatory, as with the good ending you know the "spoiler" which is a large part of why the bad one is so horrible.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

None, actually.

I was pretty terribly worried with a few of them, but I got the good endings on all of my first tries. The only bad ending I did get is Shizune's, and that was because I was guilt-tripped into comforting Misha.

If I hadn't have played Lilly's before Hanako's, though, I might have gotten another ending.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:None, actually. The only bad ending I did get is Shizune's...
One of these statements is a lie. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
Or both? :lol:

Merry Christmas, btw. :D
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Or both? :lol:

Merry Christmas, btw. :D
23rd here. :P Not Christmas yet.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Izzy_t/r

Post by Izzy_t/r »

My first bad ending experience was Hanako's bad ending, which made me confused, and heart broken. I had to see a therapist after that experience. (Not really.)
Shut up heart! Since when I ever listen to you anyways? .......HHNNNGGG!!!!