Rin
13%
Shizune
6%

Total votes: 85

Archangel Gabriel

Best Good Ending

Post by Archangel Gabriel »

Exactly what it says on the can. Which girl had the best Good ending?

For me, I'd have to say it was Lilly's good ending. This is coming from a guy who got spoiled (curse you, TVTropes), and I still found it tragic/epic. It just...Hisao running to the airport is so epic and then his heart gives out when Lilly is RIGHT THERE, and then he wakes up in the hospital with the music box, and then Lilly walks in and you KNOW that everything's finally over, and oh god :cry:

So that's that.
Routes: Lilly=Hanako=Shizune>Emi>Rin
Girls: Shizune=Lilly=Hanako>Emi>Rin=Misha
So many people cheering on Hisao cheating with Misha....To cheat on popular people is horrendous. To cheat on unpopular people is harmless?
Denouement

Re: Best Good Ending

Post by Denouement »

Having just done the last one, I can confidently say that Lilly had the best ending. That entire path was great, it had good characters, adorable scenes, intense emotion, and was the most conscious of the fact that Hisao actually had a heart condition. That latter aspect, while touched up on in the others, is ultimately not a terrifying worry as much as it is in Lilly's path and ending as it was with the rest. As much as I care for Rin, Lilly also has a special place in my heart. It surprised me really, I did hers second to last because I just wasn't that into the idea, and it ended up being amazing. Rin's ending was beautiful, but it was like a reprieve from the depression and confusion that plagued the other acts, so while it was refreshing, it just wasn't didn't have that power. Shizune's ending unfortunately wasn't that great, Hanako's powerful but seemed to come too early and did gather much power in its climax, and Emi's wasn't too remarkable, simply happy.
Bacon Elemental

Post by Bacon Elemental »

Definitely Lilly's route. Every bit of it worked so well. I was cheering Hisao in the back of my head during the airport scene... until he got another attack and I thought, "NNNOOOOOOOOO NOT YET!"

Then hospital scene and I went like... "Wow." :D

Hanako and Rin's endings get a tie for 2nd, followed by Emi's, then Shizune's. Hanako's was a rollercoaster of feels. Rin's was simply beautiful. Emi's was cheery but sort of hanging. Shizune's was a good 'till-we-meet-again ending.
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

Lilly it is. I think that it's the best ending, but my friend didn't like it. He said that the ending was just like what happens in every romantic movie. I guess it's somewhat true, but it's still my favorite.
Hamuko

Post by Hamuko »

I really liked all the endings, but if I had to pick one that I thought was the best then I have to say Lilly, too. I cried a few times throughout the route, but at the end I just exploded with tears and oh my god, I didn't want it to end. Lillyyyyyyy...
i don't know what to write here
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Shizune's has the best one, it is bittersweet and believable. Lilly's ending is like a Saccharine Overdose.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Zilveri wrote:Lilly it is. I think that it's the best ending, but my friend didn't like it. He said that the ending was just like what happens in every romantic movie. I guess it's somewhat true, but it's still my favorite.
It happens for a reason; because it's the best ending possible. ;)
I am a true Lilly Lover so I voted for Lilly's. ^^
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I voted for Emi because opinions.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I had to think a bit about this one, because I like both Emi's and Hanako's Good Endings very much - and I think selecting multiple answers to the question "Best Ending" is cheating.

In the end, my decision to rank Emi first is probably biased by her being my favourite girl. Plus when I read it the first time, I had just experienced the gut wrenching feeling that was her Bad End, and seeing them working out their problems was very satisfying. Also, I count the funeral scene as belonging to the Ending, and that was one of my favourite scenes of the whole novel.

Second place goes to Hanako by the barest margin. Similar reason, too: The scene in the park is one of the strongest in the novel. It connects all the loose threads about Hankao's personality and leaves you with a deep understanding of her character.

Third place is Rin. Her Good End is less emotional than some of the others, but maybe I already used up all my emotions in her bad end... Also, this was the last end I read, so exhaustion might have been a factor as well.

Rank four goes to Shizune. Her Good End is a bit generic, but it's happy, maybe a bit nostalgic and probably the most realistic of them all.

I know I go against the trend in thei thread, but I liked Lilly's End the least. It didn't really do anything for me, and, frankly, by that time I wouldn't have minded if she'd really left Hisao to switch paths to Hanako. I still think starting a relationship and then deciding to up and leave the country without even telling Hisao until Akira took pity on him was kind of a dick move, especially since her whole route focussed on being honest to each other. So to be exact, it's the events leading up to the End that I didn't like, but they soured the ending for me as well.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Emi. 'Nuff said.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Lily is winning. Oh of course
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Archangel Gabriel wrote:For me, I'd have to say it was Lilly's good ending.
Spoilers: Megumeru disagrees with you and will voice this opinion at length.

For my part, Lilly's was definitely the best. Hanako's is a close second...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Hanako's struck me as the strongest and most emotional.

Even if you want to argue otherwise, you have to at least admit she underwent the most character growth of anyone.

Lilly's is pretty good, but I really don't like how Hisao just seems to be sitting there not reacting in the hospital CG while she's breaking down right in front of him.
Not Dead Yet
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Lillys good ending was most satisfying one, but i overall enjoyed Hanako's good ending more.. it just left me somewhat bittersweet, maybe due WANTING MORE!
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I enjoyed Emi's ending the most, followed by Lilly's.