Rin
13%
Shizune
6%

Total votes: 85

yummines

Re: Best Good Ending

Post by yummines »

I would say Lilly's, though taking into account that it's cliche and unrealistic.

Putting that aside I would argue Emi's because they finally come to a mutual understanding, Hisao is pretty healthy, and they still both are young and have their lives ahead of them.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

yummines wrote:they finally come to a mutual understanding
Isn't that in every end to some degree? Well, every end except Rin's since that one's basically "We don't understand each other at all but fuck it, we're happy."
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

While I also agree on Lilly's, am I alone in thinking that it would have been even more awesome if they cut out either:
a) After the slide where the tinny melody is mentioned, or
b) After the screen right after where the box is shown?

That'd have been a +1 from what it is, and it's already very awesome.
It's a bit cliché, but despite that I find her ending unique, maybe owing to the way her story characterization is unique in that Hisao and her nearly have swapped roles from the other paths (or well, that's the story anyhow...). It's also the ending where I was stunned from happiness, something which, due to the way the tension was unravelled, didn't happen in the other good endings (in the case of Shizune's and Rin's, I count that as a positive thing however).
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Xanatos wrote:
yummines wrote:they finally come to a mutual understanding
Isn't that in every end to some degree? Well, every end except Rin's since that one's basically "We don't understand each other at all but fuck it, we're happy."
I see it more or less "We don't understand each other at all but fuck it, we'll learn about each other nice and slow."
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
lvrr325

Post by lvrr325 »

If I were going to rate them I'd have to go by feels, frankly, and not worry about the plot holes and conveniences.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

lvrr325 wrote:If I were going to rate them I'd have to go by feels, frankly, and not worry about the plot holes and conveniences.
I completely agree with you. That's why I chose Lilly, since the last scene gave me most feels.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

lvrr325 wrote:If I were going to rate them I'd have to go by feels, frankly, and not worry about the plot holes and conveniences.
That's where I draw my line :?

I have standards, and 'feels' alone just doesn't cut it since it's...shallow, I guess? That's just my opinion, but to each of their own! :D
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Patron1062

Post by Patron1062 »

Well, I didn't complete every single path in game, but I felt like I was on drugs when I completed Hanako's path. It was just so beautiful that from this time I can't bring myself to play KS again, mostly because I know that I won't get so emotionally connected to any other character in the game like I did to Hanako :( Unfortunately I haven't played Lilly's and Rin's paths before playing Hanako's so I couldn't enjoy their stories yet, but I think that I'll play them sometime soon.
Hanako for life <3
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

I really have to say I thought they were all good in their own ways.
But out of them all the ones that I enjoyed the most were Lilly and Hanako's endings. there was just something about them that was heartwarming.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Patron1062 wrote:Well, I didn't complete every single path in game, but I felt like I was on drugs when I completed Hanako's path. It was just so beautiful that from this time I can't bring myself to play KS again, mostly because I know that I won't get so emotionally connected to any other character in the game like I did to Hanako :( Unfortunately I haven't played Lilly's and Rin's paths before playing Hanako's so I couldn't enjoy their stories yet, but I think that I'll play them sometime soon.
I highly recommend completing every path and every ending (yes, the neutral and bad too).
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Substance

Post by Substance »

I think that poll hit it spot on. I didn't dislike Shizunes route, but the ending just didn't hit the same sweet spot all the others did. I actually think I understood Rins route relatively well considering how darn difficult she had to be whenever asked a question, although at times Hisao annoyed me because I knew full well what Rin was trying, but unable, to say and apparently Hisaos brain doesn't function correctly during her route. Emis is, to me, better than Rins, but I can't explain why. I think I just preferred her as a character. Hanakos and Lillys paths and endings were both leagues above the others for me, especially Lillys. Hanako is my favourite character, but Lilly was my favourite character for Hisao to actually be with. My opinions anyway.