Bacon Tagging

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tomate

Re: Bacon Tagging

Post by Tomate »

Oddball wrote:You might not be trying to insult anyone, but you're doing a pretty good job at actually insulting people. Then you insult people that call you on your behavior. While I doubt you sincerity, but yes, I would appreciate it if you got rid of the avatar. Please.
I did not mean to insult burn victims, but i did mean to insult those who are unreasonably oversensitive.
And if you can work at showing a bit of common courtesy and human decency even towards those who don't share you personal experiences and outlooks, it would also be appreciated.
Dovahkiin Hanako is back to stay, have you ever seen such a grand display of human decency?
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Tomate wrote:
Oddball wrote:You might not be trying to insult anyone, but you're doing a pretty good job at actually insulting people. Then you insult people that call you on your behavior. While I doubt you sincerity, but yes, I would appreciate it if you got rid of the avatar. Please.
I did not mean to insult burn victims, but i did mean to insult those who are unreasonably oversensitive.
You can insult me all you want and it doesn't bother me. I have much thicker skin than you give me credit for. I just tend to be protective of those I care about.
And if you can work at showing a bit of common courtesy and human decency even towards those who don't share you personal experiences and outlooks, it would also be appreciated.
Dovahkiin Hanako is back to stay, have you ever seen such a grand display of human decency?[/quote]
Quite a few times actually, but thanks anyway.
Not Dead Yet
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

... :| .

People, I know arguing over the Internet is a very popular pastime, but watch it, okay?

I mean, you've escalated from cartoon graffiti to racial slurs. You're pretty much one away from Godwin's Law.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:And OtakuNinja.
Oi, don't pull me into this stupid thread. :|
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Silentcook wrote:... :| .

People, I know arguing over the Internet is a very popular pastime, but watch it, okay?

I mean, you've escalated from cartoon graffiti to racial slurs. You're pretty much one away from Godwin's Law.
You're a Nazi.

There. Process completed. Bye, thread. :mrgreen:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

People might I remind you that we are talking about a fictional character. I have said this many-many times that no one is getting hurt by this and was all good fun. It is part of the fandom, and what you two are trying to do right now is killing it more than saving it.

It was all good until you made a huge deal out of it. There wasn't even any intention to insult the poor girl but you made it seem so--shit went bad when you made it look to bad.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND YOUR REALITY CHECKED

There's enough bullshit from you two regarding a fictional character enough to fill a swimming pool. I like Hanako, her character is pretty well developed and lands 3rd on my all-time favorite KS girls (beaten by Rin n Shizune, respectively). But that doesn't mean I can't have fun with how fandom calls her.

Why do these exist in the first place? Because we like them, care for them, and wish to be reminded about them. NOT BECAUSE IT IS FUN TO INSULT THEM.

If any, I'm seeing white-knight crap from this discussion that I conclude you haven't learn a thing from Hanako's route.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Megumeru wrote:People might I remind you that we are talking about a fictional character. I have said this many-many times that no one is getting hurt by this and was all good fun. It is part of the fandom, and what you two are trying to do right now is killing it more than saving it.

It was all good until you made a huge deal out of it. There wasn't even any intention to insult the poor girl but you made it seem so--shit went bad when you made it look to bad.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND YOUR REALITY CHECKED

There's enough bullshit from you two regarding a fictional character enough to fill a swimming pool. I like Hanako, her character is pretty well developed and lands 3rd on my all-time favorite KS girls (beaten by Rin n Shizune, respectively). But that doesn't mean I can't have fun with how fandom calls her.

Why do these exist in the first place? Because we like them, care for them, and wish to be reminded about them. NOT BECAUSE IT IS FUN TO INSULT THEM.

If any, I'm seeing white-knight crap from this discussion that I conclude you haven't learn a thing from Hanako's route.
Its useless dude, its like arguing with a over sensitive lily-livered wall.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
DLMicheru

Post by DLMicheru »

Well...

In all honesty I think drawing chibi Hanakos is cute and all, but adding text is unnecessary...

Oh wait, this thread has pretty much derailed.

My suggestion? Lock it... Big time, nothing good will come out of internet fights.
Roses are red,
My name is Dave. My real name is Michel, not Dave
This poem makes no sense.
Microwave.

Lilly=Hanako>Emi>Rin=Shizune/Misha
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

THEN WHY INSULT THEM?

AND WHY ARE WE TALKING IN CAPS?

If there's one single person in this thread that has given a good reason for calling a burn victim "bacon" (real fictional or otherwise) they have yet to express it (or I missed it if they did.) WHY call her this? WHY do you want Katawa Shojuo to be known as "that game that has a girl who's fun to insult?"

WHAT point does what you're doing serve?

I have given reasons for why I feel the way i do on the subject. The only argument I'm getting to the contrary is "Well, it's not like it's a real person" or "you're too sensitive." So just tell me, let me know why you want to slap an insult on the character. If you want to be reminded of the character and you want to show other people the character, why not focus on positive aspects of the character? What purpose does insulting a burn victim serve?
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:WHY do you want Katawa Shojuo to be known as "that game that has a girl who's fun to insult?"
Nobody wants that and nobody has said they want that. If you MUST argue, at least quit making up bullshit to project onto people.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Xanatos wrote:
Oddball wrote:WHY do you want Katawa Shojuo to be known as "that game that has a girl who's fun to insult?"
Nobody wants that and nobody has said they want that. If you MUST argue, at least quit making up bullshit to project onto people.
They draw a picture. They stick an insulting tag on in. If they don't want her to be known as somebody fun to insult, they're certainly going about it the wrong way.

And it still doesn't answer my question. Why do people feel the need to insult her anyway?
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
They draw a picture. They stick an insulting tag on in. If they don't want her to be known as somebody fun to insult, they're certainly going about it the wrong way.
Making a joke at the expense of a character now and again isn't going to make KS known as "that game that has a girl who's fun to insult" though. And it won't make Hanako
known as "that girl who's fun to insult" either. That's just stupid.

But I'm curious. How, exactly, is anything any of us say going to magically eliminate all of the many other qualities of the game/character AND magically dumb down all life on Earth to the point that they wouldn't be able to notice these many other qualities?

Nobody feels a need to insult her. And nobody has ever expressed such a need which, again, brings us to you needing to quit projecting made-up nonsense onto people.

What's happening here is this: Nobody has a NEED to insult anyone. Nobody is even insulting anyone, for that matter. They're only joking. Whether someone feels insulted by a joke does not change that it is a joke. And nobody wants KS to be known as "that game that has a girl who's fun to insult" or Hanako to be known as "that girl who's fun to insult".

None of that is happening. What's happening is some people like a joke, and you're offended by it. End of. Now stick to the reality of the situation.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:But I'm curious. How, exactly, is anything any of us say going to magically eliminate all of the many other qualities of the game/character AND magically dumb down all life on Earth to the point that they wouldn't be able to notice these many other qualities?

Nobody feels a need to insult her. And nobody has ever expressed such a need which, again, brings is to you needing to quit projecting made-up nonsense onto people.

It will not eliminate the good traits, but it would give a pretty telling impression of the kind of people KS attract, if the first impression of KS was one of the "Get Bacon" graffiti, followed by this kind of bullshit. I am not kidding when i say this gives an impression of just as much immaturity and insensibility as when people made such a big deal about the disabilities, or at least that's the impression it gives me.

Looking at this thread, i have to agree that most of the argument in favor/defense of the bacon graffiti doesn't seem to hold well against any sort of scrutiny, nor is it too defensible if we were to actually think about it. And if it were to come to an appeal to emotion ("it's just fun man, chill out") Oddball, or anyone else that has actually met a burn victim, has far more strenght in his arguments in that aspect. Reading some of the defenses, pointless and uncalled for personal attacks, straw-manning, and apparent inability of the bacon crowd to consider things outside their knowledge or life experience, give me the impression of a very inmature and self-centered mind. Well, with the exception of Xanatos ironically, who i think raises a potentially valid point, or at least one i'm not very sure about myself.

This thread sucks.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:But I'm curious. How, exactly, is anything any of us say going to magically eliminate all of the many other qualities of the game/character AND magically dumb down all life on Earth to the point that they wouldn't be able to notice these many other qualities?

Nobody feels a need to insult her. And nobody has ever expressed such a need which, again, brings is to you needing to quit projecting made-up nonsense onto people.

It will not eliminate the good traits, but it would give a pretty telling impression of the kind of people KS attract, if the first impression of KS was one of the "Get Bacon" graffiti, followed by this kind of bullshit. I am not kidding when i say this gives an impression of just as much immaturity and insensibility as when people made such a big deal about the disabilities, or at least that's the impression it gives me.

Looking at this thread, i have to agree that most of the argument in favor/defense of the bacon graffiti doesn't seem to hold well against any sort of scrutiny, nor is it too defensible if we were to actually think about it. And if it were to come to an appeal to emotion ("it's just fun man, chill out") Oddball, or anyone else that has actually met a burn victim, has far more strenght in his arguments in that aspect. Reading some of the defenses, pointless and uncalled for personal attacks, straw-manning, and apparent inability of the bacon crowd to consider things outside their knowledge or life experience, give me the impression of a very inmature and self-centered mind. Well, with the exception of Xanatos ironically, who i think raises a potentially valid point, or at least one i'm not very sure about myself.

This thread sucks.
When it comes down to it, some will enjoy the joke (burn victim and otherwise) while others will be offended (burn victim and otherwise). Those who enjoy the joke won't give a shit if someone's offended. Those who are offended won't give a shit if they're ruining someone's fun. That's life and then we all die no matter what jokes we enjoyed. :P

It is interesting though that nobody gave much of a fuck about this long-running joke until a thread was made about it. It seems to me it's not the joke offending anyone but the attention drawn to it. So if I go call a paraplegic a filthy disgusting gimp, it's okay as long as it's not noticed by a lot of people? Rather odd mentality, all things considered...
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

But I'm curious. How, exactly, is anything any of us say going to magically eliminate all of the many other qualities of the game/character AND magically dumb down all life on Earth to the point that they wouldn't be able to notice these many other qualities?
Let me try something else and see if this gets through to any of you.

Here and on the Shimmie, that kind of thing isn't too bad. Frankly, I still think it's tasteless and unfunny but it's somewhat acceptable. The people who see it here and there are part of the fandom. They would get the "joke". That doesn't make it funny or less offensive, but there is some context there that makes it more tolerable. However, the opening post was talking about randomly sticking it onto things without any context and other people have expressed the urge to try and go viral with it.

Let me illustrate the problems I have with this (outside of being crude and insulting.)

How many people here have actually played Zero Wing? In fact, how many people can tell me anything about the game at all?

Now how many people here know that CATS talks funny?

Do you want Katawa Shoujo to be a more offensive and insulting version of Zero Wing, a game know for one character that's fun to make fun of?
It is interesting though that nobody gave much of a fuck about this long-running joke until a thread was made about it.
I've never cared for it at all, but until now nobody ever tried to draw attention to it or take it outside of the fandom.
So if I go call a paraplegic a filthy disgusting gimp, it's okay as long as it's not noticed by a lot of people?
It's still wrong, but most likely you'd just be written off as just being some random jerk. You're going to face a lot more scrutiny if you do that then make a topic bragging about it encouraging others to do the same.
Not Dead Yet