The Festival

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

inquisitivenegro

The Festival

Post by inquisitivenegro »

When Hisao first comes to Yamaku, he asks about the festival and Misha replies that she's not a local, so doesn't have a clue.
...I thought she, Shiz and Lillywere involved with it the previous year..?
Or is my memory failing me
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Oddball

Re: The Festival

Post by Oddball »

Just because she was involved in running the festival and attending it, doesn't mean she knows the reason why it was held (or cares for that matter.)
Not Dead Yet
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Oddball wrote:Just because she was involved in running the festival and attending it, doesn't mean she knows the reason why it was held (or cares for that matter.)
Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up :D
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:Just because she was involved in running the festival and attending it, doesn't mean she knows the reason why it was held (or cares for that matter.)
She does know the reason it's held though: Games and fried food!
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Xanatos wrote:
Isn't that the result, rather than the reason? Otherwise they'd call it the "Games and Fried Food Festival".

(Not sponsored by the Ibarazaki family.)
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

HarvestmanMan wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Isn't that the result, rather than the reason? Otherwise they'd call it the "Games and Fried Food Festival".

(Not sponsored by the Ibarazaki family.)
It's reason enough for Misha! :D
Not Dead Yet
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

I think it is like the "religious" festivals in the west. They have become so secularized that a lot of people don't really know the reason for them anymore. I have heard little kids saying thinks like Christmas is about Santa Clause getting nailed to a cross and Rudolph resurrecting him with his magic nose so that they could deliver the toys on time (and similar variations). At the end of the day, stuff like Easter and Christmas (and to a certain extent Halloween) is really all about time off, food, and presents now.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Dream

Post by Dream »

Aside from the reasons already posted in this thread, i really don't think the devs thought much about something as superfluous as the reason for why the festival was held.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

ravenlord wrote:I think it is like the "religious" festivals in the west. They have become so secularized that a lot of people don't really know the reason for them anymore. I have heard little kids saying thinks like Christmas is about Santa Clause getting nailed to a cross and Rudolph resurrecting him with his magic nose so that they could deliver the toys on time (and similar variations). At the end of the day, stuff like Easter and Christmas (and to a certain extent Halloween) is really all about time off, food, and presents now.
It wouldn't be far off to say this is correct. Even though my familiy is religious, I am not. I celebrate christmas nonetheless, because it's a tradition, and one in my favourite season no less.
Then again, chronologically speaking, Christmas and the birth of Jesus have no correlation at all, it's all because of the way they integrated christianity with the pagan traditions.

I digress; if I remember, they specifically mention how nobody is really sure of the festival's purpose, because nobody really cares. The important part is the festival itself.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

ravenlord wrote:I have heard little kids saying thinks like Christmas is about Santa Clause getting nailed to a cross and Rudolph resurrecting him with his magic nose so that they could deliver the toys on time
FoxtrotZero wrote: It wouldn't be far off to say this is correct.
Lol what
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2