HELP PLEASE AHH

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dernCereal

HELP PLEASE AHH

Post by dernCereal »

ok college apps are due soon and there is this one quote that i really want to reference in my essay. AND I NEED YOU.

it said something along the lines of "you wont really enjoy something unless you made the decision yourself." i wanna say shizune said this but i am not quite sure

if anyone has any idea where/when/what this quote is in the story, it would be much appreciated. it has been on my mind for a couple months now and i really need it now. i would keep searching but if i waste any more time i probably wont finish the essay in the first place T^T

thank you for your patronage ahh <3
HarvestmanMan

Re: HELP PLEASE AHH

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Referencing KS in a college application?
This should be interesting. Please, enlighten us.

I'm making a Moody Blues reference in one of my applications, but visual novels are off limits for me.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
dernCereal

Post by dernCereal »

i have to tell how my surroundings have shaped me as a person and to be honest, katawa shoujo has probably been the most influential thing in me finding myself as a person. Ive never /ever/ put much thought into "inspirational quotes" before, and then KS comes along and now i have about 5. it just taught me so much about myself and i couldnt possibly leave them all out of an essay about how my surroundings have influenced me because frankly, KS has taught me more about myself than anything else ever has by a long shot.
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

dernCereal wrote:ok college apps are due soon and there is this one quote that i really want to reference in my essay. AND I NEED YOU.

it said something along the lines of "you wont really enjoy something unless you made the decision yourself." i wanna say shizune said this but i am not quite sure

if anyone has any idea where/when/what this quote is in the story, it would be much appreciated. it has been on my mind for a couple months now and i really need it now. i would keep searching but if i waste any more time i probably wont finish the essay in the first place T^T

thank you for your patronage ahh <3
derncereal, if you're applying to university of california, (which this sounds like you are), I wouldn't really recommend referencing katawa shoujo in a college essay.

I attend a pretty competitive private school, and one of the things we're advised to write about in college essays is no "taboo" topics. It's easy to appreciate KS after you play it, but pretty hard as a 40-year old admissions officer to appreciate someone who wrote lovingly about an "eroge visual novel" with disabled girls. It just doesn't fit right, you know?

Although it's a little late to change your essay, and if you really feel that strongly about KS and it's influence on your life, I would write that essay. Otherwise I would avoid the topic extremely.
Kyvos

Post by Kyvos »

I found a few Shizune quotes that you might be talking about.

1: It's more interesting if you see for yourself. Seeing is believing.
2: I thought that because you had made those stalls, they were the most important ones. We had to visit them, because everyone should be able to appreciate the fruit of their labors. I wanted you to be able to see and enjoy what you had done.
3: Sometimes I mix my food on my own, but not always, and not everything. I don't like it when it's done for me. What is important is the choice.
Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
100% get!
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

Perhaps this:
"You don't give your opinion often enough, anyway. It would be easiest for me if it was like that, but not very interesting, right? There are some decisions you should disagree with me on, then. You have a duty to."
dernCereal

Post by dernCereal »

3: Sometimes I mix my food on my own, but not always, and not everything. I don't like it when it's done for me. What is important is the choice.
YES I THINK THATS IT :D
derncereal, if you're applying to university of california, (which this sounds like you are), I wouldn't really recommend referencing katawa shoujo in a college essay.
i wasnt really going to write the whole essay about it, i just needed that quote. I dont even know if im going to use it at all, im still trying to figure stuff out. Even if i dont though, i have been looking for it for months for personal use anyway.

THANKS KYVOS <3 U
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Just say Shizune is my waifu in your aplication
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

dernCereal

Post by dernCereal »

Yellow 13 wrote:Just say Shizune is my waifu in your aplication
you think that will work?
i mean i guess its worth a shot...
thanks for the advice!
..aaaaand sumbitted!
thanks again!
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

dernCereal wrote: sumbitted
Wahaha~
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I need help finding a short fanfic about Mutou after Hisao's death (a.k.a. manly picnic). Does anybody know the name of it? :?

For the record, the name of this thread begins with "HELP" so nobody can blame me for writing this. <.<
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Kyvos

Post by Kyvos »

OtakuNinja wrote:I need help finding a short fanfic about Mutou after Hisao's death (a.k.a. manly picnic). Does anybody know the name of it? :?
I believe you're thinking of "Downward Spiral" by Henry Spencer.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6679
Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
100% get!
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Thanks. :D I forgot to bookmark it when I read it a few months ago. Still no new chapters... :(
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

Talk what you want, the best quote is still "It's fun to drag more and more people into my life". Maybe because it is exact opposite of me.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!