Pyramid Head

Re: Thoughts on the H-scenes?

Post by Pyramid Head »

Auratus wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:
Silentcook wrote:

...Awww.

:mrgreen:
I only aim to bring the hopes of the people only to lie to them and spit in their face and taunt them.

Christ, I'm a horrible bastard.
It's good that you're just kidding. Because if you thought that for real. You might being killed for real.
Just kidding.... Hopefully.

IMO, KS might being much better received if they didn't have H-scene. People is very sensitive about sex with disabled even you try to say that the attitude are, in fact, "dsable" them, and I think people might take it better if 4LS take scene with naked girl out along with H-scene and alter few scene to make story less relevant to played H-scene if one choosed to disable adult content. Because it
Wikipedia wrote:...cost of characterisation and plot development...

IMHO, 4LS should do this as patch as I simply hate to see "v 1.0" for a game that released for almost a year along with the fact that I didn't meet april fool day's girls and the gallery picture when you get 100% completion is subpar at best They can also add Miki route for Miki fanboy. (I for one who like tan girl) or extra ending or a "True Ending", whatever it is.
With such a good fanbase. 4LS may not have to write anything at all. They can just hold a faanfic competition that it's prize is their's stories is included in 1.(whatever) patch and their name is being included as extra writer of KS.

..and can someone explain me why first Rin H-scene is not out-of-place? Note that I don't want the topic to get off track too much.

"People is very sensitive?"

That said i also think you're wrong for suggesting the H-scenes be taken out due to sensitivity. If people can't get over their own sensitivity then they don't deserve to enjoy life or Katawa Shoujo.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

Pyramid Head wrote: "People is very sensitive?"

That said i also think you're wrong for suggesting the H-scenes be taken out due to sensitivity. If people can't get over their own sensitivity then they don't deserve to enjoy life or Katawa Shoujo.
No. I speaks Thai, actually. Sorry for my grammar, But seriously. If you can understand what I'm trying to say.That mean my English had done it's work.

I simply think "disable adult content" isn't "disabled" enough to totally eliminated "fuck the cripple" thing. Which aside from certain people sensitivity, causing some who played it have awkward moment trying to tells people about KS. I think we can leave original uncensored as it's be. But alter "disable adult content" version by mitigate the "cost of charaterisation and plot development" and take out all naked sprite or half-dress them (like Rin). and I for one would be much more comfortable to spread the KS to friends.

I simply hope that some "certain sentitive people" get more than "fuck the cripple" from KS. Because we all know this game isn't only about "fuck the cripple". But some might think it is and turn a deaf ear on like 90 percent of KS that might make them being better man and woman to society.
Snow_Storm wrote:Deja Vu, I feel that I read this before about me playing around on here.
[/quote]

Then you perhaps can read my mind. I thought for using it for few days and waiting for someone on internet for using this phrase.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

H-Scenes aren't needed for story, but they probably were very important for marketing
From the responses here I'm fathoming that a fair number of you wouldn't have touched the game otherwise
Auratus wrote:No. I speaks Thai, actually. Sorry for my grammar, But seriously. If you can understand what I'm trying to say.That mean my English had done it's work.
Non-native English speakers ftw!
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

H-Scenes aren't needed for story, but they probably were very important for marketing
Are you arguing the H-scenes in Hanako's arc and Shizune's bad arc were optional?
From the responses here I'm fathoming that a fair number of you wouldn't have touched the game otherwise
Ummm...MY impression was that a fair number of folks here were already having fun with the Act1 Demo before the full VN came out. Which had exactly 0 H-scenes.

So I feel you're mistaken.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Guest Poster wrote:
Are you arguing the H-scenes in Hanako's arc and Shizune's bad arc were optional?
I personally feel that sometimes it gets graphic without needing to.
Albert Wesker

Post by Albert Wesker »

Why every thread i make ends in a discussion?
Cheering+myself+up+now+_ae0c774b89304605aa342ab89d5ba91c.jpg
Cheering+myself+up+now+_ae0c774b89304605aa342ab89d5ba91c.jpg (61.03 KiB) Viewed 5175 times
"Blue moon, you saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart... without a love of my own"
Gamer, bad comedian and Wahahaha~!
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Albert Wesker wrote:Why every thread i make ends in a discussion?

"Why every thread--"
Wait a minute, you're not Wesker. He's as big of a grammar Nazi as i am. WHO ARE YOU?!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I personally feel that sometimes it gets graphic without needing to.
In the whole game there was exactly one scene where genitals were plainly visible. I suppose that was a personal choice by the artist, but it's hardly overdone.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

As long as you don't fap to it, the H-scene is touching.

...down boy, DOWN!
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Megumeru wrote:As long as you don't fap to it, the H-scene is touching.

...down boy, DOWN!
...that was so funny i forgot to stab your pets. In all seriousness i pose a question though, was anybody even slightly aroused during the Hanako h-scene? I mean don't get me wrong burned or not i'd go down on Hanako any day but that h-scene was probably the least arousing thing having to do with a character i like and find to be attractive (For a drawing) since Fire Emblem snuff hentai.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

How exactly are you describing the game that gives them the impression it's just a "have sex with crippled girls" game?

When I describe it, I refer to it as a romance story set in a school for the disabled. I may mention that "yeah, it has a little bit of nudity in it" if I'm pushed, but I certainly don't bring that up as the main selling point.

Honestly, I can see people expecting boobies and finding a mature romantic tale, but I can't understand people that go in a mature romantic tale but aren't mature enough to handle the sight of boobies.
Not Dead Yet
Albert Wesker

Post by Albert Wesker »

Pyramid Head wrote:
Albert Wesker wrote:Why every thread i make ends in a discussion?

"Why every thread--"
Wait a minute, you're not Wesker. He's as big of a grammar Nazi as i am. WHO ARE YOU?!
I have dishonored my family
But+_8dba7a2b219a6482a55959619d57fde3.gif
But+_8dba7a2b219a6482a55959619d57fde3.gif (35.63 KiB) Viewed 5088 times
"Blue moon, you saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart... without a love of my own"
Gamer, bad comedian and Wahahaha~!
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Oddball wrote:How exactly are you describing the game that gives them the impression it's just a "have sex with crippled girls" game?

When I describe it, I refer to it as a romance story set in a school for the disabled. I may mention that "yeah, it has a little bit of nudity in it" if I'm pushed, but I certainly don't bring that up as the main selling point.

Honestly, I can see people expecting boobies and finding a mature romantic tale, but I can't understand people that go in a mature romantic tale but aren't mature enough to handle the sight of boobies.

You know that's actually been a recurring problem with me, trying to explain that an item that gives one impression is in reality completely different and worth checking out. Sort of a negative world example of Katawa Shoujo is the third person shooter Spec Ops: The Line which is advertised like one of those boring modern war shooters (or spunkgargleweewee if you're a Yahtzee follower) but is actually the closest thing to survival horror boxed console releases has seen since Condemned: Criminal Origins. Like Katawa Shoujo it creates a very strong emotional high, only in the case of Spec Ops said high comes from intense guilt and increasing horror and distrust which can grow strong enough to make you feel physically ill, only you don't trust your player character enough to turn the game off.

Ah well. I still have Hanako for when i want to cry and Spec Ops for when i've eaten something poisonous and need to induce vomiting.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Auratus wrote:I simply think "disable adult content" isn't "disabled" enough...
How so? It disables all the adult content.

@Pyramid Head: Yahtzee follower *brofist*
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

You know that's actually been a recurring problem with me, trying to explain that an item that gives one impression is in reality completely different and worth checking out. Sort of a negative world example of Katawa Shoujo is the third person shooter Spec Ops: The Line which is advertised like one of those boring modern war shooters (or spunkgargleweewee if you're a Yahtzee follower) but is actually the closest thing to survival horror boxed console releases has seen since Condemned: Criminal Origins. Like Katawa Shoujo it creates a very strong emotional high, only in the case of Spec Ops said high comes from intense guilt and increasing horror and distrust which can grow strong enough to make you feel physically ill, only you don't trust your player character enough to turn the game off.
Seems like you did a good job explaining Spec Ops to me.

And yeah, I thought it was a generic war game myself. I haven't heard too much about it otherwise. I'm a big fan of horror games, so I'll have to remember to check it out.
Not Dead Yet