Weird situation you'd put the girls into

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Megumeru

Re: Weird situation you'd put the girls into

Post by Megumeru »

Xanatos wrote:
Rewire wrote:I haven't played much of Dwarf Fortress, but I can see where they come from.

Theres a big rewarding feeling when you finally understand a complex process. Especially if you're really good at it. :wink:
I get that. That's exactly why I'm into computers and programming. That's great.

But chopping down a tree shouldn't be a complex process. That's the big issue: Even the simplest tasks are made overly complex just for the sake of complexity. And the douchey elitist segment of the fanbase (which is most of it in my experience) eats that shit up because LOLCOMPLEXISHARDCOREFUCKYOU. Incidentally, this is why I now steer clear of Java. Complexity is not bad. Simple tasks made complex for no good reason are bad.

And has anyone decided to turn the KS cast into chess pieces yet?

Mutou: King (teacher/leader comparison)

Shizune: Queen (dictatorial ruler of the student council)

Emi: Rook (Emi's a runner, rook can get around the board really quick)

Lilly: Knight (She can't see where she's going so she always moves in a weird L pattern)

Rin: Bishop (Rin's weird as hell, bishops only move diagonally [also weird as hell if you personify the piece])

Hanako/Hisao: Pawn (Hanako is really passive and would just do what people say [like a pawn] while Hisao is quite literally a pawn of the player's choices)

My apologies for any MutouXShizune fics born of this post...
Starting with...wood carvings. Wouldn't be such a bad idea...

Although if it's made out of putty like nendroids it'll definitely look better; it' reminds me of CLAMP no KISEKI chess pieces, like these: http://www.nerdsociety.com/clamp-kiseki-chess-set/
Though I actually have a different arrangement in mind.
King: Hisao (main character archetype)
Queen: Shizune (dictatorial ruler of the Student Council)
Bishop: Hanako (I'VEGOTSOMETHINGTODO-diagonal run)
Bishop(2): Yuuko (clumsy. Who can run diagonally better than Yuuko)
Knight: Lilly (Technically Hanako's "knight")
Knight(2): Akira (Lilly's older sister, fitting with that 'knight' look)
Rook: Emi (Emi can get around pretty quickly)
Rook(2): Jigoro (single-track mind, stiff move-set)
Pawn: Kenji (and lots of them.)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Megumeru wrote:Pawn: Kenji (and lots of them.)
One is enough. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Rewire

Post by Rewire »

What about planes?

Rin Tezuka
MiG-23
An aircraft that sometimes doesn't even understand itself. Seen by others to excel in roles of ground attack and interception, it could never really quite live up to those standards, in their eyes. But in the hands of a skilled and perceptive pilot it can absolutely destroy, even against technologically superior opponents.

Hanako Ikezawa
F-8 Crusader
A very hard aircraft to fly, it often would kill new pilots trying to get to know it or fly it better. Although if a pilot broke beyond its difficult surface, it was amazing, and it was far stronger and more capable of doing feats no one think it could do.
Shiina Mikado "Misha"

Emi Ibarazaki
F-104 Starfighter
It's lean and fast and built for one thing: Speed. If going fast is the only thing it can do, what does it lose? It can't turn very well, nor is it very good at taking care of itself or its pilot. It's method of ejecting can be very hurtful to the pilot. The starfighter can also be very unstable at certain stages, but you really have to push the wrong buttons in order to get there.
Shizune Hakamichi "Shicchan"

Lilly Satou
F-4 Phantom II
It's a very elegant and powerful plane with a very troubled past. The cockpit is hampered by visibility problems making the pilot rely on either it's avionics or it's partners for navigation or threat analysis. It had a rocky upbringing, often getting itself in over it's head and losing some friends (sorry F-100 bros!) Later in it's life it turned out to be one of the best and most useful fighters despite it's shortcomings.

Hisao Nakai "Hicchan"
F-22 Raptor
A young average aircraft full of promise. It has a big clear canopy and advanced avionics. The pilot can see everything the plane can see with some slight variation. It has a severe defect that if it flies too high, it chokes its pilots letting them fall victim to hypoxia. Despite its big problem, some people still think it has lots of promise for the future and want it to be successful.

Just my 2 cents. If this offends anyone or something then I'll take it down.
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Rewire wrote:What about planes?

Rin Tezuka
MiG-23
An aircraft that sometimes doesn't even understand itself. Seen by others to excel in roles of ground attack and interception, it could never really quite live up to those standards, in their eyes. But in the hands of a skilled and perceptive pilot it can absolutely destroy, even against technologically superior opponents.

Hanako Ikezawa
F-8 Crusader
A very hard aircraft to fly, it often would kill new pilots trying to get to know it or fly it better. Although if a pilot broke beyond its difficult surface, it was amazing, and it was far stronger and more capable of doing feats no one think it could do.
Shiina Mikado "Misha"

Emi Ibarazaki
F-104 Starfighter
It's lean and fast and built for one thing: Speed. If going fast is the only thing it can do, what does it lose? It can't turn very well, nor is it very good at taking care of itself or its pilot. It's method of ejecting can be very hurtful to the pilot. The starfighter can also be very unstable at certain stages, but you really have to push the wrong buttons in order to get there.
Shizune Hakamichi "Shicchan"

Lilly Satou
F-4 Phantom II
It's a very elegant and powerful plane with a very troubled past. The cockpit is hampered by visibility problems making the pilot rely on either it's avionics or it's partners for navigation or threat analysis. It had a rocky upbringing, often getting itself in over it's head and losing some friends (sorry F-100 bros!) Later in it's life it turned out to be one of the best and most useful fighters despite it's shortcomings.

Hisao Nakai "Hicchan"
F-22 Raptor
A young average aircraft full of promise. It has a big clear canopy and advanced avionics. The pilot can see everything the plane can see with some slight variation. It has a severe defect that if it flies too high, it chokes its pilots letting them fall victim to hypoxia. Despite its big problem, some people still think it has lots of promise for the future and want it to be successful.

I just had this sudden thought of someone photoshopping Rin's head onto a plane spinning mindlessly mid-air.

Somebody needs to do this.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Make them into a Sailor Moon style super team!

Or maybe one of those groups that all pilot robots and fight giant monsters!
Not Dead Yet
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Oddball wrote:Make them into a Sailor Moon style super team!

Oh god, I just pictured that in my mind :|
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

The running gag would be that the robots always come into battle brand new but by the end of every battle, all are inexplicably damaged. Rin's robot would lose its arms, Hanako's would overheat and end up scorched, the comm systems on Shizune's would malfunction...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Usagi = Emi (No reason :P )
Ami = Shizune (Do I even need to tell you?)
Rei = Hanako (Fire!)
Makoto = Rin (People don't like her)
Minako = Lilly (Because they're my favorites :))
Chibi-Usa = Misha (Pink & annoying)
Tuxedo Kamen = Kenji (I really want KenjixEmi :lol:)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Whether it's Power Ranger type heroes or the Sailor Moon type, I can picture Emi and Shizune arguing over who gets to wear the blue outfit.
Not Dead Yet
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

That awkward moment when you don't even know who the hell are the sailor moons.

I grew up watching Doraemon.

But super sentai KS girls? Yes please :D
RIn piloting the robot for the arm
Emi piloting the one for the legs
Hisao piloting the main body
Lilly piloting the head

And misha piloting the wing attachment. Why? Because:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

That awkward moment when you don't even know who the hell are the sailor moons.
Don't feel too bad. I tend to get lost whenever people don't call them by their "sailor whatever" names.
Not Dead Yet
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Rewire wrote:What about planes?

Lilly Satou
F-4 Phantom II

>F-4
>Elegant

It was a flying brick and with no cannons the first versions. A Mirage III/2000 is a real elegant plane

dat delta wing
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Rewire

Post by Rewire »

Yellow 13 wrote:
>F-4
>Elegant

It was a flying brick and with no cannons the first versions. A Mirage III/2000 is a real elegant plane

dat delta wing
Naw man. Theres more to it then what meets the eye.

Those maneuvers MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Rewire wrote:
Yellow 13 wrote:
>F-4
>Elegant

dat delta wing
Naw man. Theres more to it then what meets the eye.

Those maneuvers MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Dogfights is biased towards MURRIKA FUCK YEAH

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEe3xfWfkG8
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Rewire

Post by Rewire »

Yellow 13 wrote:
Dogfights is biased towards MURRIKA FUCK YEAH

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEe3xfWfkG8
Yeah, the Mirage is a fancy aircraft, but the Spectre was 41,000 pounds of fuck you. And it proved it.