Is there such a thing?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Is there such a thing?

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Doubtful. If anyone there actually wanted you to be dead, a lack of firearms wouldn't save you. Humans are very easy to kill, gun or no gun.

And as to the topic, there's such a thing for maybe 5% of people who get really lucky. :P
I meant suicide, but the reply was pretty funny :lol:.
Point still valid. After all, you count as "anyone". :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Heartless Wanderer

Post by Heartless Wanderer »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Doubtful. If anyone there actually wanted you to be dead, a lack of firearms wouldn't save you. Humans are very easy to kill, gun or no gun.

And as to the topic, there's such a thing for maybe 5% of people who get really lucky. :P
I meant suicide, but the reply was pretty funny :lol:.
If you really wanted to kill yourself, you could do so with a kitchen chair and a noose made out of bedsheets. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Suicide is actually easier than homicide without a gun, because the only one trying to defend you is you.

But lest we derail the thread further... let's just agree to disagree on this point for the moment. This forum isn't really the place to debate it.
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Xanatos wrote:
Heartless Wanderer wrote:That is a very healthy attitude to take.
I'd disagree because he mentioned beer (I.E. gasoline and piss mixed and sold to people without taste buds) but that's otherwise a pretty good view on the matter.
That's not beer. At least not the stuff that come out of most breweries in the USA or in the Netherlands. For real beer, try microbreweries.

As for the matter at hand "absue doesn't mean use should be outlawed", but then again, the reason we can't make do with less rgulation is the 10% assholes who screw it up for the rest of us. If you think about it, why d owe neet laws and regulations at all? Most people tend to keep most important laws quite well, en would probably keep on doing so if they were'nt there. But it's those wo would cause troubles that we need some rules and regulations for.

As for the story, I think the lady and the soldier wanted different things in their lives. She wanted security and he adventure. It's very hard to reconcile such opposite goals. Not impossible, but very hard indeed.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
DLMicheru

Post by DLMicheru »

I'm gonna post another voice of support an affirmation.

Yes Elpreda, such love does exist. Like some others here, I claim to be living proof of that.
I'm currently 20 (21 in January) and I've been dating my girl for a solid 3 years, 9 months and 5 day at this particular moment.
It hasn't always been easy, but we worked together for eachother.
And as a matter of fact I will be proposing at the day of our 4 anniversery.

Don't go looking for a girl that is perfect for you... Look for a girl that takes you for who you are. As cliched as this may sound, this will be the most perfect person you'll find. If they aren't love-material (stuff happens), they can always be counted upon as friends.

A word of wisdom from great pool of knowledge know as the interwebz.
Peptalk for everyone who is in a relationship, and has a hard time...
"Every relationship gets into shit. But a real relationship gets THROUGH shit."
Roses are red,
My name is Dave. My real name is Michel, not Dave
This poem makes no sense.
Microwave.

Lilly=Hanako>Emi>Rin=Shizune/Misha
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

DLMicheru wrote:And as a matter of fact I will be proposing at the day of our 4 anniversery.

Don't go looking for a girl that is perfect for you... Look for a girl that takes you for who you are.
Inb4 she browses your internet history and the surprise is spoiled.

Also, wouldn't that girl be the perfect one?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Xanatos wrote:
DLMicheru wrote:And as a matter of fact I will be proposing at the day of our 4 anniversery.

Don't go looking for a girl that is perfect for you... Look for a girl that takes you for who you are.

In the end, yeah. But I think the point he's making is that if the criteria you go looking for is "perfect" then you're just not going to find her. Instead you'll find a girl and discover later just how perfect she is.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

In the end, yeah. But I think the point he's making is that if the criteria you go looking for is "perfect" then you're just not going to find her. Instead you'll find a girl and discover later just how perfect she is.
Fair enough then.

I'd say "perfect" is a fine criteria to look for, provided you have a reasonable standard of perfection. "Completely flawless in all ways, forever" is not what anyone in the real world would call perfect , I'm pretty sure.
DLMicheru

Post by DLMicheru »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Exactly!
My apologies for the confusion Xanatos
Roses are red,
My name is Dave. My real name is Michel, not Dave
This poem makes no sense.
Microwave.

Lilly=Hanako>Emi>Rin=Shizune/Misha
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Xanatos wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote:
Xanatos wrote: Inb4 she browses your internet history and the surprise is spoiled.

Fair enough then.

I'd say "perfect" is a fine criteria to look for, provided you have a reasonable standard of perfection. "Completely flawless in all ways, forever" is not what anyone in the real world would call perfect , I'm pretty sure.
Well, it's selective advice. Some people have lower standards or, more likely, understand how this sort of thing works. You might be looking for the girl who is perfect for you, and you might find her, but if you're looking for a perfect girl, it's not going to work out.

Maybe a KS analogy is appropriate. If, while looking for the perfect girl, you find Hanako (Or Emi, or Rin, or basically any of the characters, I guess, but I'm picking my favourite and probably the most archetypical example), either because you realise she's perfect for you, or you eventually realise how perfect she is for you, then A+. But if you pass right over her in your search of an archetypical 'perfect girl' (which is almost impossible to find and the odds of getting with her are only barely non-zero) then you're out of luck.

I don't know if I'm ranting or actually making sense at this point.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:Suicide is actually easier than homicide without a gun, because the only one trying to defend you is you.
I doubt that. Very much. The human body isn't as easy to destroy by yourself as you think. 'The only one trying to defend you is you' is only effectual on an emotional level. You also have a defense mechanism on a physical level, your body itself. For example, you cannot kill yourself by holding your breath. The prospect you'd have of killing yourself by stepping on a kitchen chair to hang yourself would instill such fear that it can also be considered a defense mechanism started by your body.

You'd need extreme conviction to kill yourself. Even when you're depressed and wholly confused.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Reksho wrote:
Heartless Wanderer wrote:Suicide is actually easier than homicide without a gun, because the only one trying to defend you is you.
I doubt that. Very much. The human body isn't as easy to destroy by yourself as you think. 'The only one trying to defend you is you' is only effectual on an emotional level. You also have a defense mechanism on a physical level, your body itself. For example, you cannot kill yourself by holding your breath. The prospect you'd have of killing yourself by stepping on a kitchen chair to hang yourself would instill such fear that it can also be considered a defense mechanism started by your body.

You'd need extreme conviction to kill yourself. Even when you're depressed and wholly confused.
Aye, but the other thing about it is there's quite often a point of no return, and one of the most tragic things about depression is that someone can have a bad day and get so low that they would actually be able to do it, and if they hadn't things would have gotten so much better.

All I'm saying is, once you've thrown yourself over the edge of the building, your life is in the hands of Sir Isaac Newton (who is, by the way, the deadliest sonofabitch in space), and there isn't much your body can do to self-defend.
Espionage724

Post by Espionage724 »

Xanatos wrote:
I'd disagree because he mentioned beer (I.E. gasoline and piss mixed and sold to people without taste buds) but that's otherwise a pretty good view on the matter.
I'm not a fan of beer either lol... would rather drink wine like a sir :p
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Espionage724 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I'm not a fan of beer either lol... would rather drink wine like a sir :p
Damn right. 8)
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Depends on the type of beer you're talking. I'm underage, so none of what I'm about to say is from personal experience, but rather an understanding gleaned from other sources.

If you get some crap run-of-the-mill beer like a budweiser or a coors, then yeah, beer sucks, because those beers are practically meant to suck. Their part of a style that caught on during WWII when they had to make really weak beer due to the grain rationing (or at least, such is my understanding of the origin; I could be pretty wrong here). My point being, these are crappy beers with no real taste to them.

Now if you want to go out, preferably to a pub, tavern, or inn, and order yourself a good beer (which you really ought to be calling a lager, ale, stout, or some other name fancier than beer), there's a good chance you'll get a glass, mug, or stein of something good and flavorful, with an excellent, frothy head and a bold, distinct flavor unto the last drop.

But then again, this is probably like the difference between box wine and a fancy chateau, which I feel would go way over my head, beause wine is going to taste more or less like wine, and at a certain point it has to stop getting noticably better. (Part of my logic here is that wine is always made with grapes, so it's going to taste, more or less, like grapes. Beer is made with varying amounts of varying ingredients whose sole purpose is to give a unique flavour).

Eh, whatever, I'm talking out my ass.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:wine is always made with grapes, so it's going to taste, more or less, like grapes.
Tell that to a group at a wine tasting. They'll lynch ya. :lol: