Telling friends and/or family?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
metalangel
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Telling friends and/or family?

Post by metalangel » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Potato wrote: And I'm with Stein here. If my parents were like that, it'd be easy enough to detach because they're clearly not worth it. In fact, one was like that and she straightened up once I put my foot down. :lol:
http://www.alternet.org/belief/escape-c ... page=0%2C2

LOL ROFL Jennifer should have just headbutted her mom and called the cops LMAO

Someone raised in an household of fear and hostility might be so petrified of their parents and the consequences and too naive or ignorant to know they can get help. Their parents might be unimaginably cruel but the person will still see them as their mother and father and find it hard if not impossible to part ways. If you had the inner strength, good for you, but not everyone is that lucky.

User avatar
Atario
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:06 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Telling friends and/or family?

Post by Atario » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:19 pm

Steinherz wrote:
metalangel wrote:So either answer violence with violence, or legally sever all ties with them and live until adulthood in foster care?

You make it sound so easy, so cut and dried and free of emotion.
It is.
Also an excellent way to end up homeless, in jail, or worse.
People like that, those who force their beliefs on others, are scum. Call me cynical, but seriously. Disgusting.
It's actually the opposite of cynical: idealistic. Unfortunately ideals don't always fly in the real world. Sometimes you just have to keep your head down till you can skip outta Dodge.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Telling friends and/or family?

Post by Steinherz » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Atario wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
metalangel wrote:So either answer violence with violence, or legally sever all ties with them and live until adulthood in foster care?

You make it sound so easy, so cut and dried and free of emotion.
It is.
Also an excellent way to end up homeless, in jail, or worse.
Let's see...
Unless your parents are beyond full-retard, they can't do anything worse to you than reprimand you. If they physically hit you, call the police.
Watch them squirm.
Atario wrote:
Steinherz wrote:People like that, those who force their beliefs on others, are scum. Call me cynical, but seriously. Disgusting.
It's actually the opposite of cynical: idealistic. Unfortunately ideals don't always fly in the real world. Sometimes you just have to keep your head down till you can skip outta Dodge.
And once you can skip outta Doge, you make damn well sure they know exactly how you feel. :lol:
That you detect the presence of scum when it comes to them.
metalangel wrote:Someone raised in an household of fear and hostility might be so petrified of their parents and the consequences and too naive or ignorant to know they can get help. Their parents might be unimaginably cruel but the person will still see them as their mother and father and find it hard if not impossible to part ways. If you had the inner strength, good for you, but not everyone is that lucky.
Perhaps, then again I can't speak from experience here. My family was (thankfully) not religious at all. However, even if they were religious, I'm known by everyone in my family (including extended!) to have the absolute worst temper and very strong will. Once I was to set myself into doing something, there was no stopping me until I decided to stop :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
metalangel
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Telling friends and/or family?

Post by metalangel » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Steinherz wrote: Perhaps, then again I can't speak from experience here. My family was (thankfully) not religious at all. However, even if they were religious, I'm known by everyone in my family (including extended!) to have the absolute worst temper and very strong will. Once I was to set myself into doing something, there was no stopping me until I decided to stop :lol:
That's what I've been trying to say, that you don't really understand what you're trying to offer solutions for, and they are long, complex problems that don't have quick easy solutions.

That temper and will would have been ground out of you at a very early age in the situations we're talking about. That's why those GenJ kids are homeschooled - because the parents know that if the kids see too much of the real world, they might realize life doesn't have to be this way.

(watches the thread wandering off into the wilderness)

Guest Poster
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Telling friends and/or family?

Post by Guest Poster » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:03 am

Unless your parents are beyond full-retard, they can't do anything worse to you than reprimand you.
Or forbid you from watching TV, using a computer/console, accessing the internet, take away whatever other things you find fun in life. Then they watch YOU squirm in boredom. :roll:
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: Telling friends and/or family?

Post by Potato » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:13 am

Guest Poster wrote:
Unless your parents are beyond full-retard, they can't do anything worse to you than reprimand you.
Or forbid you from watching TV, using a computer/console, accessing the internet, take away whatever other things you find fun in life. Then they watch YOU squirm in boredom. :roll:
Until they go to work, go shopping, leave the house for any other reason, or go to bed. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

User avatar
metalangel
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Telling friends and/or family?

Post by metalangel » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:51 am

You're still thinking in the mindset of it being you as you are right now, not the person living in the actual situation who has had their spirit so thoroughly crushed that they are terrified of being punished and will obey out of fear. Maybe they tried it once and suffered a terrible punishment? Maybe they get locked in a room when the parents go out?

LOL ROFL DUMBASSES

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You
Posts: 2524
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Imola, Italy

Re: Telling friends and/or family?

Post by Silentcook » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Play nice, peeps.
Shattering your dreams since '94.

Image

Banana132
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:24 am

Have you told anyone you know IRL about KS?

Post by Banana132 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:46 am

I told one of my best friends one night when he asked what I was doing and I said "Having a feels trip straight from hell." and he was like what do you mean? I then sent him the link to the game. He looked at it, read the description, called it anime porn, and this is why we can't have nice things.

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: Have you told anyone you know IRL about KS?

Post by Potato » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:47 am

You saying "feels" in casual daily conversation is why we can't have nice things.

But yes, yes I have. Only vaguely. Never by title or specific content.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

User avatar
ParagonTerminus
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 3:44 pm
Location: A nuclear wasteland

Re: Have you told anyone you know IRL about KS?

Post by ParagonTerminus » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:52 am

Potato wrote:You saying "feels" in casual daily conversation is why we can't have nice things.

But yes, yes I have. Only vaguely. Never by title or specific content.
Exactly. I've taunted my friends with pictures of Hanako on my phone, and spammed it in Hangouts chats, and yet they're still too stupid to do a reverse image search. :twisted:
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: Have you told anyone you know IRL about KS?

Post by SpunkySix » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:55 am

ParagonTerminus wrote:
Potato wrote:You saying "feels" in casual daily conversation is why we can't have nice things.

But yes, yes I have. Only vaguely. Never by title or specific content.
Exactly. I've taunted my friends with pictures of Hanako on my phone, and spammed it in Hangouts chats, and yet they're still too stupid to do a reverse image search. :twisted:
I actually don't know how to do those...

But yeah, I told only my best friend, who went on to make Hanako his waifu.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
ParagonTerminus
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 3:44 pm
Location: A nuclear wasteland

Re: Have you told anyone you know IRL about KS?

Post by ParagonTerminus » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:04 am

SpunkySix wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:
Potato wrote:You saying "feels" in casual daily conversation is why we can't have nice things.

But yes, yes I have. Only vaguely. Never by title or specific content.
Exactly. I've taunted my friends with pictures of Hanako on my phone, and spammed it in Hangouts chats, and yet they're still too stupid to do a reverse image search. :twisted:
I actually don't know how to do those...

But yeah, I told only my best friend, who went on to make Hanako his waifu.
Bring him to the forums and I shall integrate him into our dark cult of waifuism give him a warm greeting.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: Have you told anyone you know IRL about KS?

Post by SpunkySix » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:06 am

Y'know, he showed up here briefly, then disappeared. Haven't asked him why.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
ParagonTerminus
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 3:44 pm
Location: A nuclear wasteland

Re: Have you told anyone you know IRL about KS?

Post by ParagonTerminus » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:07 am

SpunkySix wrote:Y'know, he showed up here briefly, then disappeared. Haven't asked him why.
Probably saw me. Tends to scare people away easily.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.

Post Reply