A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Telling friends and/or family?

Post by Xanatos »

Zilveri wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
TunaSandwich wrote:Chilled's lets play of KS is not hilarious :mrgreen:
Fixed. :P

@Zilveri: Smack him for watching that. He's ruining it by not playing himself. :lol:
:D He told me that his computer is kinda broken so he can't play it now. He told first that it's garbage and wouldn't watch that, but then it happened. I wouldn't even be here, if ChilledChaos wouldn't told about continuing KS on his channel. I was like: "Katawa Shoujo? Is it a fps or rpg?" Luckily I checked it out and here I am now. :)
It's an RPG. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Keban DaBrowne

Post by Keban DaBrowne »

I used to write off things like anime and VNs all the time before I actually played KS. The fact that this game was the most emotionally compelling work of art I've ever experienced is a secret that I will carry to my grave. No one must know. NO ONE.
Heartless Wanderer

Post by Heartless Wanderer »

Keban DaBrowne wrote:I used to write off things like anime and VNs all the time before I actually played KS. The fact that this game was the most emotionally compelling work of art I've ever experienced is a secret that I will carry to my grave. No one must know. NO ONE.
But you just told us. On a very public message board, even.

We're not going with you to your grave, just so we're clear on this. I enjoy living. :|
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]
TunaSandwich

Post by TunaSandwich »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:
Keban DaBrowne wrote:I used to write off things like anime and VNs all the time before I actually played KS. The fact that this game was the most emotionally compelling work of art I've ever experienced is a secret that I will carry to my grave. No one must know. NO ONE.

We're not going with you to your grave, just so we're clear on this. I enjoy living. :|
I would think that it would get pretty crowded in the coffin after a while. There would be someones feet or ass in my face all the time. :/ Doesn't sound very inviting.
If i had to only keep one of my senses it would be my hearing.
Can't live without music.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

TunaSandwich wrote:

I would think that it would get pretty crowded in the coffin after a while. There would be someones feet or ass in my face all the time. :/ Doesn't sound very inviting.
The question then seems to be...

Will it blend?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Dream

Post by Dream »

Megumeru wrote:The question then seems to be...

Will it blend?
Oh jesus.

Anyway, slightly off topic but; Out of curiosity Xanatos, why don't you consider Chilled's LP funny? He does go on tangents more than a few times, and his bro humour might not be for everyone, but i wondered if there were other reasons.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Heartless Wanderer

Dream wrote:
Megumeru wrote:The question then seems to be...

Will it blend?
Oh jesus.

Anyway, slightly off topic but; Out of curiosity Xanatos, why don't you consider Chilled's LP funny? He does go on tangents more than a few times, and his bro humour might not be for everyone, but i wondered if there were other reasons.
I'm not Xanatos, but I did watch a fair bit of Chilled's LP and to be honest his humor only does it for me about half the time. Trying to read sex jokes into anything and everything gets really old after a while... some of his voices are inexplicably hilarious, though.

Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

1st Rule of Katawa Shoujo: You do not talk about Katawa Shoujo.
2nd rule of Katawa Shoujo: You DO NOT talk about Katawa Shoujo.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
Heartless Wanderer

Shadowyeclipse wrote:
3rd rule of Katawa Shoujo: Don't think about why this board exists in light of the first two rules of Katawa Shoujo. Your brain WILL explode.

Barkinson

Post by Barkinson »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:
3rd rule of Katawa Shoujo: Don't think about why this board exists in light of the first two rules of Katawa Shoujo. Your brain WILL explode.
Wh-wha...? *brainexplode*
kbk

Post by kbk »

I don't think I could tell my friends/family about KS. If someone else wants to find it, it's out there for them but I'm not telling someone else about my personal experience.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Second rule of the Katawa Shoujo forum FAQs: stay in topic. :evil:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Cognostic

Post by Cognostic »

Carelessly cooking us indeed. :( ( :wink: )

As for topic... the only thing I got out of telling a friend of mine about Katawa Shoujo was a torrent of terrible cripple jokes.
Lilly>Hanako>Rin>Misha>Emi>Shizune
xankriegor

Post by xankriegor »

Talked about KS a bit with my brothers, but he's not interested in VNs so he just know that I played KS.

Talked about KS to my friends, now 1 is a Lillybro, 1 Rinbro and 1 Shizunebro and the rest just think of us as weird weeaboos. Well, can't win them all.
Heartless Wanderer

Cognostic wrote:Carelessly cooking us indeed. :( ( :wink: )

As for topic... the only thing I got out of telling a friend of mine about Katawa Shoujo was a torrent of terrible cripple jokes.
I read this and imagined a torrent file full of cripple-related humor skits. What the hell, brain?! >_>

@ the thread in general:

Anyway, there's no point worrying about what other people think of your interests. Either they're open enough not to make an issue of it and are pretty cool people, or they're shallow enough to make an issue of it and aren't worth your time. Maybe you can use Katawa Shoujo as a secondary friendship filter! If they make fun of you for it, you know they're an ass-hat before you even waste any time on them. ^_^