KS inspired project

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Brisingr

Re: KS inspired project

Post by Brisingr »

1. Name (optional) : Alex
2. Gender: Male
3. Age: 21
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer: varies between 1-8 hours
5. Do you read books often? I love to read but haven't found any good books lately.
5.1. If so, how many per year? 10 maybe.
6. What kind of movie do you like? mostly comedy
7. What kind of music do you like? I can listen to almost anything but mostly techno and rock.
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user? some friends are users but I don't partake.
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages? No interest.
10. Are you used to playing computer games? Mostly a console gamer but I still like computer games.
10.1. What kind of games? Action and RPG.
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you? Yes.
10.3. Which ones? KS and Wanko to Kurasou. Need to find more.
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? I like the countryside
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time?I go out during the day but I'm also a night owl.
13. What’s your education level? College grad.
14. What do you do on your spare time? Read, watch anime, play games mostly.
15. Do you prefer national or international music? Mostly national music.
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? I do but I mostly like techno without lyrics.
kazenokize

Post by kazenokize »

Hello!

I'd like to thank you all for all the help!
To think that strangers would stop what
they were doing to help me with my university project,
it really makes my day. My group needed 10 interviews, and I managed to
give them alone more than that!
Thank you KS community!

Galliano, FoxtrotZero, Yellow 13, OtakuNinja,
Gandara, Flutterz, Beanwell, Boppin, Oddball,
Xanatos, ZatchiOnii~san, ShadeHaven, Tomate,
DH531. Thank you all, even those who didn't have the time to answer.
If you ever need anything, I will be happy to help!
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

So, what's the next step
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

kazenokize

Post by kazenokize »

Now we have to study the interviews and try to find patterns in it. From that we will decide how to proceed with the creation of the main story and the game itself. We already started with a few. It was really interesting studying them! Trying to find out everything we can with the little information we got, and we did surprisingly well (at least I think so). We are still really fresh with our ideas on the whole thing, but we are trying to be thorough.
CrystalSoul

Post by CrystalSoul »

Interview

1. Name (optional) : Evan R
3. Age: 20
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer: 6+ hours a day
5. Do you read books often?: No
5.1. If so, how many per year?
6. What kind of movie do you like?: action, comedy
7. What kind of music do you like?: electronic, i love some of the piano i hear in animes
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user?: yes
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages?: i love to have the occasional drinking party with friends. good times
10. Are you used to playing computer games?: Yes
10.1. What kind of games?: MMO, RPG, FPS, Roleplay, MOBA, etc
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you? Nope, i saw one i was thinking about playing but i dont know how much i could get into a RPG novel
10.3. Which ones?: Something lightning something....
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? i like to live near people if that helps.
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time? i love the parties that go on a night, but everything happens during the day
13. What’s your education level? college
14. What do you do on your spare time? not much spare time but, i play league of legends
15. Do you prefer national or international music?¬ both equally
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? yes

Thank you all!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I'm still not sure what this project is supposed to be...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Xanatos wrote:I'm still not sure what this project is supposed to be...

I bet it was all a cover up to answer their survey
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

zanger

Post by zanger »

kazenokize wrote:Now we have to study the interviews and try to find patterns in it. From that we will decide how to proceed with the creation of the main story and the game itself. We already started with a few. It was really interesting studying them! Trying to find out everything we can with the little information we got, and we did surprisingly well (at least I think so). We are still really fresh with our ideas on the whole thing, but we are trying to be thorough.
to be honest i don't think a sample size of 10 is enough for you to determine any kind of 'pattern' other than concluding that the people who took your survey were young males who spend a lot of time on their computer. :p
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
RecoiL

Post by RecoiL »

1. Name: Alex
3. Age: 18
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer? 4-5 hours a day
5. Do you read books often? If I feel like it, every day.
5.1. If so, how many per year? 10-40
6. What kind of movie do you like? Thriller, Action-Adventure, Anything with a good plot as long as it doesn't overdo the drama.
7. What kind of music do you like? Jazz, Blues, Classical, Rock, and most subganres. And power metal.
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user? Quite often.
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages? I like to have my head clear, and alcohol alwasy gives me a headache.
10. Are you used to playing computer games? Way too used to it.
10.1. What kind of games? Again, anything with a good plot. Also stuff that allows for creative use of game mechanics /Minecraft,Dishonored/.
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you? I haven't, I would.
10.3. Which ones? -
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? Countryside, but it's a close call.
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time? Day time.
13. What’s your education level? Finishing highschool this year, going to university the next.
14. What do you do on your spare time? Play instruments, play games, draw, waste my time like there's no tomorow.
15. Do you prefer national or international music? International.
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? Usually.
Image Gluehuffers, all of you.
DRKO

Post by DRKO »

1. Philip
2. Male
3. 18
4. A lot. I'm a computer science major. It's what I do. I'd guess anywhere from 3-10 hours/day.
5. I do when I'm in reading mode.
5a. I'll knock out around 3 300-800 page novels in a week when I'm in reading mode, which happens around 2-4 times a year.
6. I'll watch about anything that's done well.
7. Classical, Jazz, a little rock
8. Not really.
9. I don't have a problem with it so long as you keep in moderation. I haven't had any, though.
10. Yes
10a. RPGs, FPSes, Minecraft, VNs.
10b. Yes,
10c. KS, Shuffle!, Clannad, A Drug That Makes You Dream, and one more that I can't remember its name (Grr...)
11. Somewhere in-between. I want to be close enough to a decent-sized city where I can get things I need, but far away enough so there;s less people and congestion.
12. Daytime.
13. College sophomore in January.
14. Watch anime, browse the Internet, read, practice music (trumpet and organ, if I find another organ I'm allowed to touch)
15. Either's fine.
16. I try to.

Hope this helps.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Still doing this? Ok...

Interview

1. Name (optional) :
initial 'I', just leave it at that
2. Gender:
Male
3. Age:
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer
8-12hrs, depending on workload
5. Do you read books often?
5.1. If so, how many per year?

Occasionally, if time permits; 4-5 books a year approximately
6. What kind of movie do you like?
War, drama, comedy
7. What kind of music do you like?
J-rock, J-pop, techno, Jazz, Blues
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user?
Not that I know of
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages?
Nothing much. Just a fancy drink, no need to discriminate
10. Are you used to playing computer games?
10.1. What kind of games?
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you?
10.3. Which ones?

Hell yes. I touch almost all genres, but currently am dwelling in the action MMO more often these days; look my name up in World of Tanks if you're curious or interested 8)
I played RPGs and Visual Novels back in the time when the most advance console was the Playstation 2, currently I'm more into visual novels. I usually browse the work of Type-Moon or KEY, other than that I haven't venture any further; I should expand my list if I visit Akiba again, but budget is always the issue that prevents expansion.
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side?
Doesn't matter as long as there is a power source, a bed, a laptop, and an internet.
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time?
Day time. More activity to tackle, more time to game at night (or hang out)
13. What’s your education level?
College student, 3rd year
14. What do you do on your spare time?
Draft stories, write, draft again, write, game, game, game, game, draft, draft, write, read, draft, write. Summarizes pretty much everything if nothing is going on.
Other than that, I'd call a friend and we'd go somewhere--maybe have a cup of coffee or tea.
15. Do you prefer national or international music?¬
As long as it has great tune, lyrics, and can inspire my stagnant mind to write something then it's all good.
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics?
Yes, as lyrics can subconsciously influence your mental state. I watch what I listen to so as not to corrupt the drafts I 'write' in my head when I'm free.

Thank you all!
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Mint

Post by Mint »

1. Name (optional) : Mint. Really. You don't need the actual thing.
3. Age: 17. Yes, I'm underage. Wow.
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer: Roughly 6 hours per day. Sometimes less. More on weekends.
5. Do you read books often? : Pretty often, yeah.
5.1. If so, how many per year?: I don't keep count. Around 20ish perhaps?
6. What kind of movie do you like?: Psychological thrillers, mostly.
7. What kind of music do you like?: Depeche Mode, Kasabian, Massive Attack. I can't really put them all in one genre.
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user?: Yes. I am one, to an extent. Not recreational, I take Starnoc for insomnia.
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages?: Everything is bad in excess. I loathe alcoholics, if that's the gist of the question.
10. Are you used to playing computer games?: Yep, a lot.
10.1. What kind of games?: Different types, mostly strategy.
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you?: I have. And I would again.
10.3. Which ones?: Most recently Dragon Age.
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side?: Countryside.
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time?: Night time. Less people.
13. What’s your education level?: Still in high school.
14. What do you do on your spare time?: Write, read, listen to music, play video games. Sometimes I hang out with friends too.
15. Do you prefer national or international music?: Music is music. If it's good, I like it. Labels are unnecessary.
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics?: More than the actual melody, yes.
kazenokize

Post by kazenokize »

Thanks for all the interviews everyone!

We managed to finally gather and analyze all of them! As someone commented earlier, 10 are not enough to get any real feed back. That was the reason me and my friends decided to try interviewing online. I am not sure, but I'd say we got nearly 100! Our project is being the most ambicious so far, and I like it that way. To keep me going, I remind myself that the creators of KS did 100x more.
Now we are past the interview part, and we actually started building the history and it's main events. I have no idea how this is going to end, since we want to make everything from 0, even the software itself.
Later on, when we have more concrete things to show, I will gladly do so.
Now that the interview part is do with, I can give details about the story! Hehe

The original "beta version" we did a long time ago, was a really quick game based on the music "Until We Bleed". The plan was to make a game entirely based on the music itself. We used the lyrics and it's interpretations combined with the melody to create the story. We basically wanted to transform the music into "someone". The final result was the story of Len's life. This girl who is a drug user, who just tries to keep on living, struggling every second to convince herself that there is no reason to give up, even knowing that it is a lie.

I will constrain myself from giving any more details, since it is a group project and I wouldn't want to say more than my friends would allow, heheh. I will get back to you guys soon, if you are interested.

Thank you again!