Can't force myself down Rin's storyline..

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oyasumi

Can't force myself down Rin's storyline..

Post by Oyasumi »

When I first started the game, I got Rin first. But it was so boring for me that I quit her route half way through the second chapter and I almost quit the game entirely. Luckily, I wanted to see Shizune's route before I decided to throw in the towel or I probably wouldn't have continued. Shizune was the girl I originally was trying for. I started on her storyline to see if I would like it more and I liked it a lot better, so I ended up continuing with the game. I've also finished Emi and Lilly's routes. I was going to try again with Rin because I wanted a break from Lilly before I go down Hanako's story path, but I've started playing it again and the boredom is setting in. I really don't like this route.

No offense to Rin fans. :oops: I liked her when I encountered her in the other girls' storylines. Just my personal opinion, but the route...it's like watching paint dry. (Pun intended.) I'm a little past where I left off last time and I'm just clicking without reading too much in the hopes that something more exciting will happen soon. I'm thinking of giving up on it again and just finishing up with Hanako. I wanted a 100% completion but this really isn't fun. Does it get more interesting?
Xanatos

Re: Can't force myself down Rin's storyline..

Post by Xanatos »

Yes.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

3deep5u
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Oyasumi

Post by Oyasumi »

3deep5u
Haha, must be. :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I'll make you a deal: Finish Rin's route, and I won't make you read a 120 Days of Sodom-inspired romance fanfic between Emi and Lt. Dan. :twisted:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Rin's route can be taken one of two ways: either it is extremely boring or it is very thought-provoking.

For me, it was the latter, but I can just as well see how it might be the former.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Out of curiosity, how far did you get in Rin's route before deciding it was boring?

I've heard a lot of people call Rin's route a lot of things, depressing, aggravating, dark, annoying, but this is the first I've heard anybody say it was boring.
Not Dead Yet
Dream

Post by Dream »

I actually find some humour in that a lot of the critiques of Rin's route are also common critiques against Evangelion. It feels oddly appropiate.

But yeah Rin's route is definitively not boring even though i can kind of imagine why some people would find it so. Rin's route is generally more slow-paced and introspective, most of the development or exposition is rather subtle compared to the other routes, as are usually the "feels". Not everyone's cup of tea.

Interesting things do happen, but unlike other routes in which the events are usually more clear in how they affect the characters, Rin's route is more character driven than the others. Or more accurately, there are simply less events in her route, but more interaction and exposition with the characters. At least that's the impression i got until now (still haven't finished it)
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

It would be impossible to create a game where every player enjoyed every story line. Every girl has a special and unique charm, and every guy has different tastes. Don't feel bad if one or more of the girls don't do it for you, becuase that's not the point anyway. If NONE of the girls attracted you, then you'd be right to be worried :P
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ravenlord wrote:It would be impossible to create a game where every player enjoyed every story line. Every girl has a special and unique charm, and every guy has different tastes. Don't feel bad if one or more of the girls don't do it for you, becuase that's not the point anyway. If NONE of the girls attracted you, then you'd be right to be worried :P
Maybe he'd prefer Kenji and a nice picnic...
Oyasumi

Post by Oyasumi »

ravenlord wrote:It would be impossible to create a game where every player enjoyed every story line. Every girl has a special and unique charm, and every guy has different tastes. Don't feel bad if one or more of the girls don't do it for you, becuase that's not the point anyway. If NONE of the girls attracted you, then you'd be right to be worried :P
Yeah, that's a good point. :)

Anyway, I finished it. It was a bit of a chore, but I pushed through it. I can't say I really changed my opinion about the route though, I didn't enjoy it. I'm glad I didn't wait until the end to play her route, I wouldn't have wanted the game to go out on that note. On to Hanako!
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

I can't say I agree that Rin's is "boring". I found it to be the most gripping. I am not hating on you for not liking it, to each his own, I am just not understanding why you would think that way about it. To be more specific, you just seem to be stating that it's boring, without actually going into detail as to why you think it is, that's my problem.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Oyasumi wrote: Anyway, I finished it. It was a bit of a chore, but I pushed through it. I can't say I really changed my opinion about the route though, I didn't enjoy it. I'm glad I didn't wait until the end to play her route, I wouldn't have wanted the game to go out on that note. On to Hanako!
Well, at least now you have something light and fluffy to go through...if you can make it through to the ending
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

On to Hanako, he says...Oh, the depression that awaits him. :lol: