POLL: First girl you went for

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which route did you go for first?

Emi
142
32%
Hanako
140
31%
Lilly
65
15%
Rin
50
11%
Shizune
41
9%
Manly Picnic
8
2%
 
Total votes: 446

User avatar
SirSlaughter
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:53 am

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by SirSlaughter » Sat May 04, 2013 9:40 pm

I first started and was going to go the Shizune route until I saw...Hanako. I said, I must know you! I must be with you! So I straight up turned a different corner and went straight for Hanako route. I got my first route with the girl I chose. My second run was going for Rin, but I stumbled into Emi's route. I couldn't let her run from me like that. I had to show her who was boss...until I almost killed myself in the process. THEN I got Rins path, then Shizune and now this summer I plan on going for Lilly.
ImageImage

User avatar
Sabin
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:20 am

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by Sabin » Sat May 04, 2013 10:31 pm

The first girl I went for was Rin. When I first saw her in the art room, I found her to be quite an interesting character and funny, so I decided I'd go for her. Managed to get onto her route the first try, too, and without any sort of guide. I've been told that's something of an accomplishment.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by Xanatos » Sat May 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Sabin wrote:The first girl I went for was Rin. When I first saw her in the art room, I found her to be quite an interesting character and funny, so I decided I'd go for her. Managed to get onto her route the first try, too, and without any sort of guide. I've been told that's something of an accomplishment.
Not really. Not screwing her route up is though. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Sabin
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:20 am

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by Sabin » Sat May 04, 2013 10:55 pm

Xanatos wrote:Not really. Not screwing her route up is though. :lol:
Ah yes, the dreaded three options with little to distinguish them and the single trip-up at the art gallery that leads to arguably the most heartbreaking ending in the whole thing. :?

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by KeiichiO » Sat May 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Sabin wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Not really. Not screwing her route up is though. :lol:
Ah yes, the dreaded three options with little to distinguish them and the single trip-up at the art gallery that leads to arguably the most heartbreaking ending in the whole thing. :?
I've only gotten Rin's good ending, and I keep hearing that her other endings are heart-destroyingly heartbreaking... I'm terrified to get her other endings... But... I must 100%...

User avatar
Sabin
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:20 am

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by Sabin » Sat May 04, 2013 11:05 pm

Well, there's two other endings for Rin, and both of them are bad.

One is mostly Hisao being an idiot, and it's more annoying than anything else.

The other...well, it'll put your heart in a blender and shred it until it's an unidentifiable red mush. Make sure you have tissue paper, a quiet place to curl up, and copious amounts of alcohol on hand to drown the pain before heading that way.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by Xanatos » Sat May 04, 2013 11:05 pm

KeiichiO wrote:
Sabin wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Not really. Not screwing her route up is though. :lol:
Ah yes, the dreaded three options with little to distinguish them and the single trip-up at the art gallery that leads to arguably the most heartbreaking ending in the whole thing. :?
I've only gotten Rin's good ending, and I keep hearing that her other endings are heart-destroyingly heartbreaking... I'm terrified to get her other endings... But... I must 100%...
Her bad one is just like Lilly's. It follows the same path as the good but ends earlier. Then there's the blatant implication of a potential future suicide...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by KeiichiO » Sat May 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Xanatos wrote:Her bad one is just like Lilly's. It follows the same path as the good but ends earlier. Then there's the blatant implication of a potential future suicide...
LALALALA, I CAN'T SEE YOU~. LALALALA, I'M NOT LOOKING~! LA-DI-DA-DI-DA-DI-DA~! I LIKE TAQUITOS!
`

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by Xanatos » Sat May 04, 2013 11:22 pm

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Her bad one is just like Lilly's. It follows the same path as the good but ends earlier. Then there's the blatant implication of a potential future suicide...
LALALALA, I CAN'T SEE YOU~. LALALALA, I'M NOT LOOKING~! LA-DI-DA-DI-DA-DI-DA~! I LIKE TAQUITOS!
`
Everyone loves taquitos.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by KeiichiO » Sat May 04, 2013 11:27 pm

Xanatos wrote:Everyone loves taquitos.
I'm sure there're people out there that detest taquitos, and those people are soulless heathens bent on the destruction of all that is yummy.

Loonie
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere between Europe and the Balkans.

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by Loonie » Sun May 05, 2013 4:13 am

Xanatos wrote:It's odd seeing how many accidentally got locked onto Emi's route...Having played a number of VNs before KS, I immediately knew the "Go for it" would steer me toward her route. :lol: On my first playthrough, I deliberately picked the choices that would steer me toward different routes, avoiding locking into any one...And my reward was a picnic. :mrgreen:
Well, that's just it hahah. This was my first VN and I honestly wasn't trying to 'figure it out' too much and like most, I imagine, I just went with the flow of it. And the flow does seem to point towards Emi's path quite consistently. Whereas if you've played other VNs before, then yeah of course you'd think a lot moreso outside the box and try to 'game' the system rather than just go through the story. Of course that can lead to the manly picnic. :)

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by Xanatos » Sun May 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Loonie wrote:
Xanatos wrote:It's odd seeing how many accidentally got locked onto Emi's route...Having played a number of VNs before KS, I immediately knew the "Go for it" would steer me toward her route. :lol: On my first playthrough, I deliberately picked the choices that would steer me toward different routes, avoiding locking into any one...And my reward was a picnic. :mrgreen:
Well, that's just it hahah. This was my first VN and I honestly wasn't trying to 'figure it out' too much and like most, I imagine, I just went with the flow of it. And the flow does seem to point towards Emi's path quite consistently. Whereas if you've played other VNs before, then yeah of course you'd think a lot moreso outside the box and try to 'game' the system rather than just go through the story. Of course that can lead to the manly picnic. :)
I always try to get the NSGO (Non-Standard Game Over) in a VN before going for a proper route. Never been killed before. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
MegaMoto
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by MegaMoto » Mon May 27, 2013 6:58 pm

I actually went for Hanako first but ended up with Emi (who ended up being me path. So who would I vote for ?

Lodin
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by Lodin » Tue May 28, 2013 3:01 am

I first 'aimed' for Shizune, but ended up with Emi first. I think she has a tendency to sweep newbies off their feet before they get a chance to realize what they're doing.

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by pandaphil » Tue May 28, 2013 3:09 am

Yeah, Emi seems to be the default girl. Unless you really screw up and get on Kenji's track.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

Post Reply