Shizune
9%
Manly Picnic
2%

Total votes: 447

AaronIsCrunchy

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:I must say, I wish there was a way to say no to a route without being a jerk or being lame. Like... I'm super happy I ended up with Emi, so it worked out, but you should be able to choose another route without having to give up on your health or be a sarcastic dick to the nurse.
The nurse bit I don't have an issue with, but to get onto Shizune's route you have to essentially insult Lilly right in front of her and that sucks... a lot. I've only done it twice, and it sucked HARD both times.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I must say, I wish there was a way to say no to a route without being a jerk or being lame. Like... I'm super happy I ended up with Emi, so it worked out, but you should be able to choose another route without having to give up on your health or be a sarcastic dick to the nurse.
The nurse bit I don't have an issue with, but to get onto Shizune's route you have to essentially insult Lilly right in front of her and that sucks... a lot. I've only done it twice, and it sucked HARD both times.
Yeah... even if you like Shizune, she is being a jerk to Lilly then and I find it hard to justify taking her side.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
d2r

Post by d2r »

SpunkySix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Yeah... even if you like Shizune, she is being a jerk to Lilly then and I find it hard to justify taking her side.
That's part of the reason I did Shizune's route so late, actually. :p

The order in which I did the girls (and extra) was Hanako/Kenji/Lilly/Emi/Shizune/Rin, after which I played all of the bad endings in reverse order. I used Feuver's flowchart the whole time, because that's how I roll.

I'd be hard pressed to say why I did Hanako's route first, come to think of it. It just felt like the natural decision somehow.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

d2r wrote:
That's part of the reason I did Shizune's route so late, actually. :p

The order in which I did the girls (and extra) was Hanako/Kenji/Lilly/Emi/Shizune/Rin, after which I played all of the bad endings in reverse order. I used Feuver's flowchart the whole time, because that's how I roll.

I'd be hard pressed to say why I did Hanako's route first, come to think of it. It just felt like the natural decision somehow.
Hah, that's the only reason I did Shizune's so late, I'd played through all again bar Rin's before thinking 'I should probably just do it.' Still didn't like siding with them, but I liked the route :D (Even with Jigoro's arseholery)

I used the flowchart to get onto Rin's route as I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do it, but that was the only time.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

d2r

Post by d2r »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Hah, that's the only reason I did Shizune's so late, I'd played through all again bar Rin's before thinking 'I should probably just do it.' Still didn't like siding with them, but I liked the route :D (Even with Jigoro's arseholery)

I used the flowchart to get onto Rin's route as I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do it, but that was the only time.
I don't understand why Jigoro puts so many people off the route. He's SUPPOSED to be an intolerable asshole; same as Nomiya is SUPPOSED to be a pretentious creep. :P

As for the flowchart, I used it the entire time because I viewed KS less as a game to be beaten (which, fundamentally, it isn't) than a series of stories to be experienced. I was interested in seeing as many stories as possible rather than guessing at options, so I figured I'd just use the guide throughout.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

d2r wrote:
I don't understand why Jigoro puts so many people off the route. He's SUPPOSED to be an intolerable asshole; same as Nomiya is SUPPOSED to be a pretentious creep. :P

As for the flowchart, I used it the entire time because I viewed KS less as a game to be beaten (which, fundamentally, it isn't) than a series of stories to be experienced. I was interested in seeing as many stories as possible rather than guessing at options, so I figured I'd just use the guide throughout.
Haha, he didn't put me off in the slightest, otherwise I wouldn't play it at all! (And if Nomiya put me off, then I'd miss out on Rin's route, and that would NEVER do)

That's actually a pretty good way of looking at it actually. I still haven't played it 100%, I still haven't gone through Rin's, Emi's and Hanako's bad endings, but I suppose looking at it the way that you do maybe makes it easier to do that?

d2r

Post by d2r »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:That's actually a pretty good way of looking at it actually. I still haven't played it 100%, I still haven't gone through Rin's, Emi's and Hanako's bad endings, but I suppose looking at it the way that you do maybe makes it easier to do that?
Well, some of the bad endings can still be pretty harrowing. :p

But yes, using the chart does make it easier insofar as you don't have to guess at what does what. I preferred that.

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I still haven't gone through Rin's, Emi's and Hanako's bad endings
If you've been through Rin's route, you've seen her bad ending. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
RIN'S ENDING WAS GOOD, SHUSH 8)

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote:
Not the bad one. Hence why it's the bad ending...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote:
Not the bad one. Hence why it's the bad ending...
I'll reword it then :P I have been through Rin's GOOD route, but not the bad route. Need to wait until I'm feeling a bit masochistic I feel.

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I'll reword it then :P I have been through Rin's GOOD route, but not the bad route. Need to wait until I'm feeling a bit masochistic I feel.
Oh, but you have. :P Rin's route, much like Lilly's, just stops earlier as the bad end. Now, the so-called neutral end will kill you...
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I'll reword it then :P I have been through Rin's GOOD route, but not the bad route. Need to wait until I'm feeling a bit masochistic I feel.
Oh, but you have. :P Rin's route, much like Lilly's, just stops earlier as the bad end. Now, the so-called neutral end will kill you...
So, her bad end isn't as bad as the neutral end, essentially making the neutral end the REAL bad end? How very Rin-ish...

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote:
So, her bad end isn't as bad as the neutral end, essentially making the neutral end the REAL bad end? How very Rin-ish...
Well, that depends. :lol: Her neutral end has a kind-of-maybe silver lining, same as Hanako's but it can still hurt harder. I found it more frustrating than anything...Wanted to grab the little oddball and shake her around.
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

First one that I ended up with after going through act 1 was Emi, simply because it's a single choice that locks you into it. But I decided to run through act 1 until I had Act 2 ready for all characters, and I decided to go for Lilly's first. She's still my favorite, with Emi as a close second, however.