9%
Manly Picnic
2%

Total votes: 447

someguy1294

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by someguy1294 »

Munchenhausen wrote:
pinkbatmax wrote:I started going down Emi's route, but once I saw the animation, I went back, consulted a guide, and chose the Rin path. Because Rin is AWESOME.
You dumped Bestgirl's route halfway for Rin's?
RIN'S?
I did the same thing. :lol:

Emi's okay, but Rin is still Bestgirl.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Potato wrote: Right, once her guard is let down. At the route's end. Up until then, the whole conflict is because their relationship is little more than screwing, or arguing about her inability to have a real relationship. :P
They're 'friends who happen to fuck', but I don't see that as the beginning and end of their relationship. :|

Emi drags Hisao out of his depression the same way Shizune does in her route. In fact, Emi's even better for Hisao than Shizune because she directly helps him overcome his disability and become a more physically active and healthy person. Think about this: because of Emi encouraging Hisao to become more physically active, she significantly raises his chances of living to a ripe old age. In other routes, Hisao is stated as "unlikely to live past 30". It is quite possible that Emi doubled Hisao's life-span. No other girl has that impact on him.

Yes, Emi has a mental obstacle to overcome (her fear of closeness), but every girl in the game has an obstacle to overcome. Emi really does care about Hisao, far beyond sex. She merely has trouble letting Hisao care about her.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:
Potato wrote: Right, once her guard is let down. At the route's end. Up until then, the whole conflict is because their relationship is little more than screwing, or arguing about her inability to have a real relationship. :P
They're 'friends who happen to fuck', but I don't see that as the beginning and end of their relationship. :|

Emi drags Hisao out of his depression the same way Shizune does in her route. In fact, Emi's even better for Hisao than Shizune because she directly helps him overcome his disability and become a more physically active and healthy person. Think about this: because of Emi encouraging Hisao to become more physically active, she significantly raises his chances of living to a ripe old age. In other routes, Hisao is stated as "unlikely to live past 30". It is quite possible that Emi doubled Hisao's life-span. No other girl has that impact on him.

Yes, Emi has a mental obstacle to overcome (her fear of closeness), but every girl in the game has an obstacle to overcome. Emi really does care about Hisao, far beyond sex. She merely has trouble letting Hisao care about her.
That's kind of what I was trying to say, but probably clearer actually. Nice.

And MORE THAN ONE PERSON dropped the route?! I'm bringing this up at the next meeting of the Supreme Court, getting things straightened up. At least you both picked Rin. That helps a little.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:
Of course not. The beginning is legit, and she gets better at the end. It's just everything in between that's awful. :lol:

If I went around thinking sweatervests looked alright to wear, ever, I'd rather something end me as soon as possible.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
arthritis_5

Post by arthritis_5 »

Sgt_Frog wrote:Shizune, simply because the one question on my mind was "I GOTTA know what Misha's disability is, if she has one."
Sadly Misha doesnt have a disability :(
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

arthritis_5 wrote:
Sgt_Frog wrote:Shizune, simply because the one question on my mind was "I GOTTA know what Misha's disability is, if she has one."
This thread might interest you :p
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1386
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
arthritis_5 wrote:
This thread might interest you :p
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1386
There are 69 pages of disagreement on this, but IIRC the final consensus was that there is no evidence that Misha has a disability. Without a disability there's the big question of why Misha is at Yamaku in the first place. I think the rough consensus answer to that is that being a sign language interpreter allowed her to come to Yamaku, and this was the only way that she could afford a private school, and that she was bullied so badly before that coming to a school where she wouldn't fit in was a big step up.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

For me, it was more of a case of 'who I ended up with' rather than 'went for'. My first playthrough and I'm getting all frustrated with Shizune after the game of Risk. Feeling completely peeved, we course wind up in the tearoom. I saw Lilly's artwork, Concord started playing and instantly I'm like "Wow, this girl has made me feel at ease in this school for the first time, I want to pursue her."

All is going well, I was destined for Lilly route until the choice in Cold War comes along...I inadvertently sided with Shizune in the argument, which from that point locks out Lilly and Hanako's routes. But at that point I DIDN'T know that or the fact that I had already blocked off Emi and Shizune's route and was all set to share of bottle of JD with Kenji on the roof. Thanks to my ignorance, I choose to be honest with Lilly while struggling to climb the hill with Rin on the Friday night.

Even on the Saturday I was sure that I was set for Lilly when I got to answer Nomiya's question while helping Rin. Of the two options, I thought that saying "I interested in the art club" was a choice I wouldn't make but I knew "I just kinda stuck with her" was too much of a dick move to say with Rin looking right at me and I had this nagging feeling at the back of my head that something REAL bad would happen, so I choose the former.

It was only in the middle of the festival when it suddenly clicked in my head and I said out loud "How the hell did I end up with Rin!" Despite my disappoint, I realised I was onto something during the fireworks. The imagine of Rin dozing on Hisao's shoulder, the sights and sounds of the fireworks and of course, Aria de l'Etoile playing over the scene made me silent before going "What a lovely moment." As so, the feel train started rolling and the rest is history.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Rhodri wrote:I inadvertently sided with Shizune in the argument
How can you inadvertently side with Shizune? One choice sides with Lilly, the other leaves her to the sharks, it's pretty clear. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
How can you inadvertently side with Shizune? One choice sides with Lilly, the other leaves her to the sharks
Sharkzune and Mishark, to be specific.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Potato wrote:
How can you inadvertently side with Shizune? One choice sides with Lilly, the other leaves her to the sharks, it's pretty clear. :lol:
I know it sounds stupid, but I was under the impression that we can make one or two decision that don't go in a particular girl's favour, and its was my first time playing a VN, so I gave the answer that I would have given if I had been planted in the situation. Lets put it down to a n00b error.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Rhodri wrote:
Potato wrote:
I know it sounds stupid, but I was under the impression that we can make one or two decision that don't go in a particular girl's favour, and its was my first time playing a VN, so I gave the answer that I would have given if I had been planted in the situation. Lets put it down to a n00b error.
Wouldn't call it a n00b error, you managed to end up on Rin's route without even trying - and Rin's being the hardest route to get, I'd call that a bit of a win :P (Plus Rin's great...)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Wouldn't call it a n00b error, you managed to end up on Rin's route without even trying - and Rin's being the hardest route to get, I'd call that a bit of a win :P (Plus Rin's great...)
That's both one of my favourite things and biggest criticisms (go figure :roll: ) about Rin's route. Until Saturday, you as the player don't make any active decisions in spending time with her, and if you balls that up, you deserve the Manly Picnic. The lack of choice in comparison to the other girls makes it feel more natural when you find yourself chilling on a wall next to a mural on a Sunday Afternoon, unlike some of the choices you can make over that two day period (the Hanako/Lilly and possible Emi/Shizune junctions comes to mind). But at the same time, the lack of choice does make you do feel like a passive presence within the story.

But after many hours, getting both the bad endings, late nights, restless sleep, major depression in work (slumping against the wall on the hospital ward where I work for all the patients to see thinking "I failed her!"), the final piece of artwork in the field of dandelions and getting the good credits makes the outcome overcomes any issues I have...yeah Rin is my fav girl because of those emotional days.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

You're not the first person to make a choice without really understanding what it meant, and you probably won't be the last.

.. stupid Misha. I was just trying to be nice, dammit!
Not Dead Yet
Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

Oddball wrote:.. stupid Misha. I was just trying to be nice, dammit!
Who would've thunk that "comforting" nowadays leads to this? At least in this context.
I thought we would've talked for a bit, hugged and that's that.

"Yay thank you for your friendship Hisao, wahahaha~!"

Fuck you and your drills!
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."