Shizune
9%
Manly Picnic
2%

Total votes: 447

Potato

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by Potato »

Nightshade wrote:First one that I ended up with after going through act 1 was Emi, simply because it's a single choice that locks you into it. But I decided to run through act 1 until I had Act 2 ready for all characters, and I decided to go for Lilly's first. She's still my favorite, with Emi as a close second, however.
That'll change after playing the rest. Lilly will still be the favorite, but Emi will be replaced. 8)
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Nightshade wrote:First one that I ended up with after going through act 1 was Emi, simply because it's a single choice that locks you into it. But I decided to run through act 1 until I had Act 2 ready for all characters, and I decided to go for Lilly's first. She's still my favorite, with Emi as a close second, however.
That'll change after playing the rest. Lilly will still be the favorite, but Emi will be replaced. 8)
I for one refuse to let this happen. Emi is bestgirl and anybody else that comes close can be #2. I'm expecting Rin, but who knows at this point.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

Potato wrote:
Well, there's the issue that I've played everything to 100% completion. And I still stand by what I said, Lilly remains my favorite after all's said and done, Emi and Hanako are very, very closely tied for 2. Rin would be next, though I still thoroughly enjoyed that route, it just didn't connect with me as much as the others. Shizune's, I'm a little iffy about. Mainly because, in my opinon, there seems to be little ever done to suggest any sort of romantic relationship outside of the h-scenes, and Hisao's occasional mention of his feelings for her. Again, though, I don't think any of the routes are necessarily bad, that's just my opinion on all of them.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Nightshade wrote:Well, there's the issue that I've played everything to 100% completion. And I still stand by what I said
Well then, you're just wrong. :P

And you just described Emi's preferred relationship in that spoiler. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:And you just described Emi's preferred relationship in that spoiler. :lol:
I think you see that wrong. She uses it as a defense mechanism, which isn't good, but it clearly hurts her. She wants badly to have a relationship that is more than that, but pushes it away not out of desire but out of perceived necessity. Her and Hisao both clearly care for each other's well-being and love each other as people, and Emi herself can be quite the sweetie once her guard is finally let down.

So back off my waifu or I swear to gobs I'mma bring mah A game next time ya lil' tuber shit...
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:And you just described Emi's preferred relationship in that spoiler. :lol:
I think you see that wrong. She uses it as a defense mechanism, which isn't good, but it clearly hurts her. She wants badly to have a relationship that is more than that, but pushes it away not out of desire but out of perceived necessity. Her and Hisao both clearly care for each other's well-being and love each other as people, and Emi herself can be quite the sweetie once her guard is finally let down.

So back off my waifu or I swear to gobs I'mma bring mah A game next time ya lil' tuber shit...
Well, someone seems to be a little feisty. I definitely get your point about all that though, and I agree, Emi's line is fantastic, and does a fantastic job of the struggle to open oneself to others. But for some reason, I still find myself drawn to Lilly. Maybe it's because she was the first I actively pursued, maybe I'm a sucker for a good romance line, but it still just holds a special place for me. Emi's also manages to hit all the right notes, but for some reason, it just didn't affect me quite as strongly as Lilly's, but that's not to say I didn't enjoy it. As I said, it's a VERY narrow margin between her and Lilly, and Hanako's not very far behind either of them, just because of the sheer emotional power of it, especially the scenes near the ending, in the park. Good lord, so many tears.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Nightshade wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:

But for some reason, I still find myself drawn to Lilly.
That's all fine. Not everybody has the same tastes, I just wanted to set the record straight because I thought that was a little unfair.

Potato, I still love you.
pinkbatmax

Post by pinkbatmax »

I started going down Emi's route, but once I saw the animation, I went back, consulted a guide, and chose the Rin path. Because Rin is AWESOME.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

pinkbatmax wrote:I started going down Emi's route, but once I saw the animation, I went back, consulted a guide, and chose the Rin path. Because Rin is AWESOME.
You dumped Bestgirl's route halfway for Rin's?
RIN'S?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

pinkbatmax wrote:I started going down Emi's route, but once I saw the animation, I went back, consulted a guide, and chose the Rin path. Because Rin is AWESOME.
Y-you got on her path and then just... stopped?

Is that legal even?
d2r

Post by d2r »

SpunkySix wrote:
Y-you got on her path and then just... stopped?

Is that legal even?
Some men just want to watch the forums burn. :p
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Well, to be perfectly honest, I went for Misha first. Until I found out she didn't have a route. :lol:

I went for Rin first (and still do), though Emi was certainly a close second. Especially since Emi was the first girl who's Act 2 I got to... Emi may have slipped quite a bit in my rankings, but she's still not a bad gal.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:Well, to be perfectly honest, I went for Misha first. Until I found out she didn't have a route. :lol:
Oh you poor thing.
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:

Right, once her guard is let down. At the route's end. Up until then, the whole conflict is because their relationship is little more than screwing, or arguing about her inability to have a real relationship. :P
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:

Right, once her guard is let down. At the route's end. Up until then, the whole conflict is because their relationship is little more than screwing, or arguing about her inability to have a real relationship. :P
I guess we're going to have to disagree then. I saw it as the core of the relationship, caring about each other very much, being there the whole time, but only being able to move further than that at the end. It's not like she only outwardly gave a damn about screwing and everything else was locked away. They have real conversations where their personalities come out completely, Emi only pesters Hisao about his health because she cares so much about him, and Hisao doesn't stress out so much about Emi just because she has a mind-glowingly delicious bod; he really wants to help her because he likes her. Everything in the relationship is there, there's just the part of Emi's stresses that are locked away, and they can't move on until she lets go of those specific worries.

Tl;dr: The problems Emi needs to let go of and does at the end don't define her, and while they hold back the relationship from moving further, they aren't the entire relationship and neither is sex, that's just the obvious part that stands in front of and blocks the more subtle displays of caring that lie beneath from fully being realized.