Another version of Parity by NicolArmarfi

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Another version of Parity by NicolArmarfi

Post by Xanatos »

ShadeHaven wrote:I'd seen a dev say that most of the music was composed with fl studio.
...Seriously? I have FL Studio and I can't make shit. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Xanatos wrote:
ShadeHaven wrote:I'd seen a dev say that most of the music was composed with fl studio.
And I have a Piano, yet can't play chopsticks, to say nothing of Chopin.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Xanatos wrote:
Most likely, the music was enhanced using FL Studio (using an orchestral VST) and the actually music itself was composed in a MIDI software program like Finale.

I have FL Studio myself but I just use it to enchance and remaster my midi files of original songs and remixes. I do wanna learn how to make hip-hop beats and samples with FL Studio one day.
NuclearWaffles

Post by NuclearWaffles »

Snow_Storm wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I have FL Studio myself but I just use it to enchance and remaster my midi files of original songs and remixes. I do wanna learn how to make hip-hop beats and samples with FL Studio one day.
Open the Piano Roll. Click the arrow in the top left. Go to Tools>Riff Machine :lol:

Also, you can apply one of your Channels to a mixer track, and use the Gross Beat FX for that track. You can get some crazy stuff by messing around with Gross Beat.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

NuclearWaffles wrote: Open the Piano Roll. Click the arrow in the top left. Go to Tools>Riff Machine :lol:

Also, you can apply one of your Channels to a mixer track, and use the Gross Beat FX for that track. You can get some crazy stuff by messing around with Gross Beat.
Hmm. I should try that out one day when I'm free from work. Also thinking of investing in a MIDI controller keyboard and drumpad so it'll be easier to create beats via a physical keyboard/controller.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Skaf just said Concord is an awful song. :cry:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

OtakuNinja wrote:Skaf just said Concord is an awful song. :cry:
Okay...who cares?

A lot of composer sand musicians came out with songs and beats they tend to hate.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I saw this in my sub box too. Awesome.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

OtakuNinja wrote:Skaf just said Concord is an awful song. :cry:
...and I just said Concord is an beautiful song. I feels strong urge to dance like a gentleman in latter half. If that make you feels better. :)

By the way. Can I compose an music with PC alone. I have no reliable recording device and any musical instructment but a wooden recorder and guitar that I can't play. But my head is full of symphony-choral-trance-metal that I will never express it by humming (and breathing in tune which sounds very ugly). I think I could use Vocaloid as voice but nothing for everything else. Can anyone recommend some program to me, and perhaps other here.
(sound very off-topic but I promise I will make my version of Parity to compensate that)
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
NuclearWaffles

Post by NuclearWaffles »

Auratus wrote: By the way. Can I compose an music with PC alone. I have no reliable recording device and any musical instructment but a wooden recorder and guitar that I can't play. But my head is full of symphony-choral-trance-metal that I will never express it by humming (and breathing in tune which sounds very ugly). I think I could use Vocaloid as voice but nothing for everything else. Can anyone recommend some program to me, and perhaps other here.
(sound very off-topic but I promise I will make my version of Parity to compensate that)
Yeah, that's totally possible. FL Studio is a pretty popular program. I use it myself. In fact, I think someone said earlier that most of the music for KS was composed with it. With all the VSTs around you can cover just about any instrument. Native Instruments, for example, has quite an assortment of them. A MIDI keyboard or something of the sort can make the process easier from my experience.
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

NuclearWaffles wrote:Yeah, that's totally possible. FL Studio is a pretty popular program. I use it myself. In fact, I think someone said earlier that most of the music for KS was composed with it. With all the VSTs around you can cover just about any instrument. Native Instruments, for example, has quite an assortment of them. A MIDI keyboard or something of the sort can make the process easier from my experience.
That's someone is ShadeHaven, and I heard the name "Fruity loops" and an awesome beats from it. Thanks for answer me, I thought it is complicate program.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

If you guys want a complicated program for music production, check out Reason. It's an amazing program but damn that learning curve is harsh.
NuclearWaffles

Post by NuclearWaffles »

Auratus wrote:That's someone is ShadeHaven, and I heard the name "Fruity loops" and an awesome beats from it. Thanks for answer me, I thought it is complicate program.
It's actually pretty easy to learn. There's plenty of tutorials as well, so it shouldn't take too long to get the hang of it.

Snow_Storm wrote:If you guys want a complicated program for music production, check out Reason. It's an amazing program but damn that learning curve is harsh.
This. Excellent program, but a high learning curve. FL Studio works great for me though. It does everything I need it to.
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

I usually prefer harder way if it's not too hard. But now I already got FL studio demo and trying to learn it myself. There are lot of guides out there but I prefers to ask any of your guy for question. So who (if there is anyone) I should and can ask about basic and perhap more advanced thing via PM. I don't want to post anymore off-topic thing.

P.S. I DO promise I will make a version of Parity, and I will make one.

NuclearWaffles

Post by NuclearWaffles »

Auratus wrote:I usually prefer harder way if it's not too hard. But now I already got FL studio demo and trying to learn it myself. There are lot of guides out there but I prefers to ask any of your guy for question. So who (if there is anyone) I should and can ask about basic and perhap more advanced thing via PM. I don't want to post anymore off-topic thing.

P.S. I DO promise I will make a version of Parity, and I will make one.
I can probably help you with any questions you'd have.