So my friends told me to play KS,,,

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Heartilly

So my friends told me to play KS,,,

Post by Heartilly »

and I played it.

First try w/o guide I got Emi's bad ending.
It was quite frustrating to watch Hisao deal with this stuff.

Second try I used a guide because I specifically wanted Lilly's Good Ending.
I am so satisfied yet I want more of this story... her character development was absolutely amazing.

Third time I went for Hanako's good ending, and I was quite happy with it.

My friends are going to laugh at me for saying this but I'm sooooo in love with Lilly.

Shizune and Rin don't give me the motivation to play their routes.. they seem kinda boring for romantic story.

Now I'm looking for other VN's similar to KS, but I realized they aren't as good as in either graphic or story(most of them go sideways from romance)

Any help?

/rant

p.s. What's up with blonde long haird girls from rich family named Lilly? Like Lili from Tekken...
Beanwell

Re: So my friends told me to play KS,,,

Post by Beanwell »

Welcome to the forums!
I really recommend you play all of the routes, even if you might not like a character. Shizune's story had the least feels, but Rin's was full of 'em. I'm a Rinbro, but to each his own.

I'm not gonna list every similar VN here, so...here:
Personally, Narcissu was the 1st VN I played afterwards after hearing about its influence on KS.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Heartilly wrote: My friends are going to laugh at me for saying this but
If your friends are going to laugh at you for having a waifu then you need better friends. And I mean at, not with. With is acceptable.
Beanwell

Post by Beanwell »

I'm one of the few with friends who have also played this game. Makes me feel more normal.
Heartilly

Post by Heartilly »

-> edit

I gave up on looking for other VN's. only KS can satisfy me and there's non other that's similar
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Heartilly wrote:-> edit

I gave up on looking for other VN's. only KS can satisfy me and there's non other that's similar
That's...Well, I'll be blunt, that's kinda dumb. "Only KS can satisfy me..." - Did you even TRY many others? Do you know how many VNs exist? A lot. There's bound to be something else enjoyable in the genre. And there are quite a few similar to KS. I'm getting the feeling you didn't look at all.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Beanwell

Post by Beanwell »

Xanatos wrote:

That's...Well, I'll be blunt, that's kinda dumb. "Only KS can satisfy me..." - Did you even TRY many others? Do you know how many VNs exist? A lot. There's bound to be something else enjoyable in the genre. And there are quite a few similar to KS. I'm getting the feeling you didn't look at all.
I agree. There are so many good, emotional VN's out there, and you'll never know until you try it. Even if the plot doesn't sound promising, you might be surprised. I mean, on vndb.org there are a lot of visual novels with higher ratings than KS.

Unless you're looking for one that takes place at a high school with disabled students. Then you probably won't find many others.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Beanwell wrote:Unless you're looking for one that takes place at a high school with disabled students. Then you probably won't find many others.
Missing Stars, when it's finished.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
yummines

Post by yummines »

i wouldn't ignore Rin's route, though i feel that's more dramatic than romantic.

Shizune's personally i only really liked it for Misha, but maybe i just love those drills and WAHAHAs too much.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Heartilly wrote: Now I'm looking for other VN's similar to KS, but I realized they aren't as good as in either graphic or story(most of them go sideways from romance)
Actually from what I've seen, most VNs have better graphics and story then KS. KS was better in the character and soundtrack department if anything.
Heartilly wrote: I gave up on looking for other VN's. only KS can satisfy me and there's non other that's similar
Can't say I like that way of thinking, but if you are going to be that closed-minded then you are missing out on a great medium.
Heartilly wrote:Shizune and Rin don't give me the motivation to play their routes.. they seem kinda boring for romantic story.
Okay, now this is just plain stupid. If you enjoy a game then why would you stop halfway and not do the rest because "they seem boring" without actually playing them yourself? Personally I thought Rin's was the best character with the best route by far in the VN, and Shizune's was decent too.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Well, it's his choice. If he wants to be close-minded, then so be it. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:Well, it's his choice. If he wants to be close-minded, then so be it. :)
No!

Also, who is this character?
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I believe she's from Hachi Koi. Don't know her name, though. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:I believe she's from Hachi Koi. Don't know her name, though. :)
Interesting.

My first reaction was "MISHA WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?" :lol:
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Let me guess: This is the only VN you'll play because it was made by 4channers and/or you could fuck cripple girls?