Stranded on a deserted island. Who do you want with you?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Who do you want with you if you are stranded on a deserted island?

Akira
14%
Emi
10%
Hanako
19%
Kenji
5%
Lilly
10%
Miki
4%
Misha
4%
Nurse
9%
Mutou
4%
Rin
8%
Shizune
9%
Yuuko
2%
Someone else
2%
No one else
1%

Total votes: 167

Potato

Re: Stranded on a deserted island. Who do you want with you

Post by Potato »

Zarys wrote:[words]

I think that think like that after having played her Route is as much sad as laugh at disabled people after playing KS.
Maybe it's the less-than-perfect English but what the hell are you on about? Hanako will finish in an asylum? Lilly is a Mary Sue? Where are you pulling this nonsense?

I laugh at disabled people after playing KS, provided they do something laughable or a funny joke is told at their expense. Playing KS thankfully didn't kill the concept of humor on my end. :P

And Emi was a girl who had to be saved. Left to her own devices, she just chooses to continue wasting away in her hypocritical little complex of fear, avoidance, and denial.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Potato wrote:
Zarys wrote:[words]

I think that think like that after having played her Route is as much sad as laugh at disabled people after playing KS.
Maybe it's the less-than-perfect English but what the hell are you on about? Hanako will finish in an asylum? Lilly is a Mary Sue? Where are you pulling this nonsense?

I laugh at disabled people after playing KS, provided they do something laughable or a funny joke is told at their expense. Playing KS thankfully didn't kill the concept of humor on my end. :P

And Emi was a girl who had to be saved. Left to her own devices, she just chooses to continue wasting away in her hypocritical little complex of fear, avoidance, and denial.
Forget it, that were not assertions but it was bullshit, i agree. :P
If you want to understand I was like "if you think that Hanako is so weak, thus the morale of her route is biased" and there you can insert my other nonsense examples and my note about your account of people with social anxiety and disabled people; but it was really misspoke and quite stupid.

I just think that fact she is socially isolated (partly because she does not want to bind to other / think that she is useless) don't implies that she would let starve if she was emotionally shocked.

Maybe I was irritated by the fact that her social isolation had been so negatively regarded, say that I don't really appreciate that people who find it difficult to relate to others are compared to those who allow themselves to die.

It doesn't matter.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Bruxae

Post by Bruxae »

Hanako, I just want to be around her at all times. This way she would have no choice. :twisted:
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I'd like to point out that for any of the girls except maybe Rin whose life potentially was in actual danger, "saved" is a strong word that implies white knighting. They needed help, not a superhero.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Mashed Potatoes

Post by Mashed Potatoes »

I chose nurse because:
1) I'm a total wimp so I need someone that (maybe) can do physical things.
2) In no way does he have any issues that could be a liability.
3) If I get sick or injured he can help.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Mashed Potatoes wrote:2) In no way does he have any issues that could be a liability.
Unless you count his weird sense of humor.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

emmjay wrote:
Mashed Potatoes wrote:2) In no way does he have any issues that could be a liability.
He also has the uncanny ability to get dead serious when something important comes up like he's turning on a dime or something. Blow him off when he tells Hisao to get exercise, see what happens.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

SpunkySix wrote:
emmjay wrote:
He also has the uncanny ability to get dead serious when something important comes up like he's turning on a dime or something. Blow him off when he tells Hisao to get exercise, see what happens.
He pulls out a surgical bonesaw and says "If you don't want to run, I'll make you run."
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Not quite. He does drop the jokey attitude real freaking fast though.
ParagonTerminus

SpunkySix wrote:Not quite. He does drop the jokey attitude real freaking fast though.
There's nothing jokey about chasing someone around a desert island with a bonesaw.

*cough*

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Potato

Post by Potato »

emmjay wrote:
In what possible scenario would that be a liability?

@Spunky: Emi was saved from herself. That's a simple fact, however strong the word may be. And I'd say her life was very much in danger, in terms of quality if not literally, given that a life of forced detachment and denial is no life at all.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Potato wrote:
emmjay wrote:
In what possible scenario would that be a liability?
The scenario where you don't like his sense of humor? (I don't have a problem with it myself, but hey, not everyone laughs at the same things.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

His sense of humor is really important ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Zarys wrote:His sense of humor is really important ?
Never underestimate thew importance of morale.
Last edited by Oddball on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not Dead Yet
ParagonTerminus

Zarys wrote:His sense of humor is really important ?
Morale is what wins wars. It's fine to be scared, you should be, but deep, unbridled fear, depression, or a lack of willpower to continue is more dangerous than an entire shower of ICBMs. Wars are won not by killing everyone, but by making them say "please, stop!"