Stranded on a deserted island. Who do you want with you?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Who do you want with you if you are stranded on a deserted island?

Akira
14%
Emi
10%
Hanako
19%
Kenji
5%
Lilly
10%
Miki
4%
Misha
4%
Nurse
9%
Mutou
4%
Rin
8%
Shizune
9%
Yuuko
2%
Someone else
2%
No one else
1%

Total votes: 167

emmjay

Re: Stranded on a deserted island. Who do you want with you

Post by emmjay »

Atario wrote:Everybody knows who the real protagonist of this story is.

Wilson.
Please, it's clearly Mary Ann.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
d2r

Post by d2r »

Wilson.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Atario

Post by Atario »

emmjay wrote:

Wilson.
Please, it's clearly Mary Ann.
You know what, I like your idea better than mine. Let's go with that.

And now for a completely gratuitous picture of Mary Ann, for reference only of course.

Note the twintails. Emi would be proud.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Potato

Post by Potato »

Can't note twintails. Busy noting legs.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Voted Akira.

(Anything beyond this point does not represent my preference for the characters, just stating how I thought about the situation. And I'm also one of those people who believe infinite suffering is worse than death, so that's why full disability makes bottom list.)

Akira is, tbh, the most likely to survive decently well, and has a pretty good attitude. And, while I'm sure she may not be the most voluptuous of characters, I'm not after 8 months - 1 year - Infinity of gathering food then sex and dinner, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Close second is Mutou (CREPES I just realized that if all of these are an option, then whoever I don't choose is dead. I'm sad now.) I like science and he could most likely speech to keep both of us sane, and also would be able to survive for both of us if I was sick, and visa versa.

(Anyone in a category is equivalent to everyone else in the same category, they just need to be listed in an order because overlaying text would make it a horrid blob of text.)

After that is Miki, Misha, Nurse, and Yuuko (Not in that order) just for survival purposes, because they are relatively whole and able to survive. And Misha could act as a siren to keep the Creepers away. Seriously, She's only on this level because of that. Miki's down a hand, but that's not too much of an issue, Nurse is cool and could help with basic medical triage if tigers attacked. I could instruct Yuuko on how to hunt etc, so not too much of an issue. And she's probably slower than me, so the tigers'd get her the first time. (Don't need to run faster than the bear, just need to run faster than you...)

In the next list we have Shizune, Kenji, and Hanako. Shizune because she probably has a basic understanding of chest-beating and eating motions, so could provide a good team mate, as well as probably having basic knowledge of how to deal with the situation. Kenji because I know he'd be able to survive, even if he drove me more insane than I already was. I have people to protect, which is practically my main directive for not just dropping myself in the first place in this scenario. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he had all of the boats that are in planes usually (I think they still have them at least.) and could do triage and hunting for me if I was sick. And I'm a guy, so he wouldn't kill me right off. Sorry, not to be rude, but if a girl chooses Kenji, she's going to get murdered, eaten, and then her skin would be used to make a tepee, once he finds out he's the only one around. That is if they fail they fend him off, a difficult feat, but still. (Seriously, fighting a mostly blind guy with a rock would be a little bit like fighting a shoe. If you fail you probably weren't on the plane in the first place, and you live on the island.) Hanako because I'm sure I could start a garden, and as long as she piggy-backs on me the whole way (I'm not afraid to admit it, I'd be totally down for that) the "I don't want to loose you" factor may be null for harvesting the original seeds and the planting season. After that I just need salt, which is easily obtainable because it's an ocean island (If it wasn't, I would just make a raft and row to shore.) and I could preserve the fruit and meat from traps around the garden, and the garden itself. Being saved in this event may not be my preferred scenario, but I'll leave it at that. :wink:

Then we have the Oh-I'm-so-mean tier, Lilly, Emi, Rin, and no one. (I call it this because I feel bad saying what I'm about to say.) I think most of these would be a burden after some time on the island in one way or another. Lilly's blind, so the best she could do is water the garden I mentioned earlier, and I could hunt for her, but it'd be a dangerous first few days, as well as, tbh, I just don't think I could be supported by a blind girl when I'm sick. And without roads or easy to find walls and fences, she'd get lost easily, so I'd have to tie her to me. She should go in an in-between tier of this and the one above, but I'm lazy. Emi, ah dear, her legs wear off, I can't make a wheel-chair out of wood, she becomes a burden. No offense Emites, but she just couldn't survive. Rin would be interesting, as she could help with the aforementioned garden, digging and weeding, but wouldn't be as much help as someone with arms and may drive me insane with the way she talks (She's cute and wonderful, but dealing with it would be harder on an island.)

Honorable Mentions: Hisao (Meds would run out eventually), Miyamoto (Not applicable to the list), Myself (cloning isn't 100% yet), Arceus (Make pokemon real, time of my life etc. I dig gardevoir.) Edit: Hanako (Favorite character, if the garden already exists, then the house and a surplus are easy to get, and that's when I start my own nation/religion. Tribal life isn't all that bad...)

Edit2: TL;DR Akira > Mutou > Miki/Misha/Nurse/Yuuko > Shizune/Hanako/Kenji > Lilly/Emi/Rin/None
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

You... you put Emi... on the same level as being alone and called her a burden and... and... and... and... and... I... but you can't just... but... and...

REALLY THOUGH, HER LEGS ARE MADE OF METAL, NOT PAPER. :evil:
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Dyno

Post by Dyno »

Lilly because she'll be the only one i care for enough to help her survive, and maybe get some sexy time...
"you should try this game called: Katawa shoujo"
"what is it about?
"getting into relationships with crippled girls"
"Dude thats sick!!"
"While playing the game you get a syndrome that removes the lust to fap, once you finnaly do fap you burst like its your first time"
"where's the download link?"
Potato

Post by Potato »

Broomhead wrote:infinite suffering
Would not enter into this scenario at any point...So...What...

Spunky, quit being a loser and posting 4chan gifs. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

SpunkySix/Emi (I know who you are.): I realize that the legs are made of metal not paper, but it's like minecraft. Iron just doesn't work eventually. I'm also terribly empathic, so it'd be horrid to see her get infected/loose a leg. I agree she's better with legs than alone, but occasionally the legs (Gloves Condoms) have to come off. I have no idea how to deal with infections aside from alcohol and bandages. (To be fair I am also taking her route either the next or the one after that, so I may change my mind soon.)

Potato: Rescue may come, yes (and I assume it will in all situations) but 3-24 months of suffering is hard for me to watch others endure, and may perhaps be harder for someone else. Perhaps I should mention I apply Bushido to my mindset. People with a full disability (opinions coming out here, let's get started) such as deafness, blindness, or limbless bodies require a civilization to help them function. Think about it, if Emi was alone, who would make her legs? If Lilly didn't have a guide rail in the jungle, she would inevitably get lost. Rin would be a slower worker than most humans as well. I'm going to go out on a limb and give Spunky the proverbial axe, but Emi would simply not survive more than a few months at most without her "legs," and Rin may not simply care enough to continue living, or, even worse, be only surviving until rescue comes. Lilly would just starve to death. Furthermore, to bring Shizune in, while she could survive, she would be at a distinct disadvantage if tigers or other beasties got an eye and stomach for her meat.

I'm back in action.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

SpunkySix wrote:You... you put Emi... on the same level as being alone and called her a burden and... and... and... and... and... I... but you can't just... but... and...
At least, your waifu is not accused of being a wimp who would let herself to die. :mrgreen:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

SpunkySix wrote:You... you put Emi... on the same level as being alone and called her a burden and... and... and... and... and... I... but you can't just... but... and...

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 57/2be.gif

REALLY THOUGH, HER LEGS ARE MADE OF METAL, NOT PAPER. :evil:

Accurate representation of spunky and avid forum goers right now:
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Potato

Post by Potato »

Broomhead wrote:Potato: Rescue may come, yes (and I assume it will in all situations) but 3-24 months of suffering is hard for me to watch others endure, and may perhaps be harder for someone else. Perhaps I should mention I apply Bushido to my mindset. People with a full disability (opinions coming out here, let's get started) such as deafness, blindness, or limbless bodies require a civilization to help them function. Think about it, if Emi was alone, who would make her legs? If Lilly didn't have a guide rail in the jungle, she would inevitably get lost. Rin would be a slower worker than most humans as well. I'm going to go out on a limb and give Spunky the proverbial axe, but Emi would simply not survive more than a few months at most without her "legs," and Rin may not simply care enough to continue living, or, even worse, be only surviving until rescue comes. Lilly would just starve to death. Furthermore, to bring Shizune in, while she could survive, she would be at a distinct disadvantage if tigers or other beasties got an eye and stomach for her meat.

You still haven't said where this alleged "infinite suffering" will spawn from. Emi already has legs made for her. Lilly doesn't need a guide rail, she gets along perfectly well without one in numerous settings that do not have one. Being a slower worker is not any form of suffering.

The idea that Emi wouldn't last a few months or that Lilly would "just starve to death" is based on nothing. You'll notice in this topic's scenario, the one you are supposed to have addressed, that there is a fully-abled (our deaf forumgoers notwithstanding) companion with them.
El Zilcho

Post by El Zilcho »

- Akira - Smart, competent, capable, self-sufficient and all-around badass. Also no clear physical or psychological hurdles that would make a survival situation even more difficult. My first choice.

- Emi - Competent and physically strong, with no psychological flaws that would really get in the way of surviving. Also my favorite of the girls and the one I'd most want to be stranded alone with in ideal conditions. Unfortunately, her mobility is almost entirely dependent on her prosthetics and, while they are certainly sturdy, in a harsh outdoor environment they would likely wear out and break much more quickly than in a controlled urban environment. A broken prosthetic would eliminate most of her ability to help with most survival tasks. Pass.

- Hanako - Smart and fairly competent, her only psychological flaw is being shy and uncomfortable around people, which likely wouldn't be too much of a problem on an island with only one other person. I could see her contributing a lot to basic survival tasks, given her desire not to be coddled/white-knighted/taken care of by others. Also, she's very well-read, so she may have picked up some information on survival techniques over the course of her reading. My second choice.

- Kenji - On the one hand, his paranoia, conspiracy-theory beliefs and general craziness may mean that he's studied up and has a wealth of knowledge of basic survival techniques (for when the feminists seize control and the resistance has to hide in the mountains, of course). On the other hand, his paranoia and general craziness may mean that he'd kill me and attempt to use my bloated corpse as a raft to ride to safety. Pass.

- Lilly - Smart, competent and pleasant to be around, but I think her disability would make it extremely difficult for her to survive out in a harsh environment. Pass.

- Miki - Athletic and badass, with a disability that probably wouldn't hinder her too much in survival. My fourth choice.

- Misha - Can't imagine her handling a harsh survival situation very well. She might keep up her overly cheery personality for awhile after the initial shock wore off but, if it became clear help was not coming soon or if there was any serious trouble, I could see her having a breakdown. Pass.

- Nurse - Knows medical techniques, which is a huge plus, but personality is kind of annoying. My third choice.

- Mutou - Not sure. Pass.

- Rin - In a survival situation, you need someone who's going to be able to focus on accomplishing basic tasks (food, shelter, etc). Rin's tendency to space out, get distracted and her problems with clear communication would likely be more of a hindrance than her disability. Pass.

- Shizune - Also fairly competent, driven and focused. We'd have barely washed up on shore and she'd already be planning a shelter and where to gather food. However, her disability would be a serious problem in a harsh environment, even assuming I knew sign language. Pass.

- Yuuko - Probably the most likely to have a breakdown because of whatever situation led to us being on the island. Assuming she snapped out of that, her nervousness and low confidence could make her too hesitant to accomplish much with basic survival tasks. On the other hand, she's also well-read and may have picked up some survival techniques. Pass.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Potato wrote: You still haven't said where this alleged "infinite suffering" will spawn from.
Waxing philosophical, I apologize.
Emi already has legs made for her.
(Emotional trauma from the event aside) This and the bits following it were me waxing philosophical (and off-topic) about how the girls require civilization function at the level they do.
Being a slower worker is not any form of suffering.
Would be for Shizune. Not making a blanket statement, just pointing out people work differently on the inside.
Lilly doesn't need a guide rail, she gets along perfectly well without one in numerous settings that do not have one.
Because she either has a knowledge of the area or someone to help her. And as I said in the original post, it would only hinder during the first couple of days without the hut or garden.
The idea that Emi wouldn't last a few months
Broomhead wrote:without her "legs,"
is based on nothing.
Cute? Yes. Smart? Yes. Able to out-run tiger with legs? Maybe. Able to out-crawl tiger? Never. Able to get veggies etc without legs? Slowly, and prone to cuts etc. Metal can only last so long. If rescue comes in 1-2 years, she'll be fine. After that, her survivablility rate goes down as her legs wear away. Sand and rust does a number on that sorta thing. Furthermore, the plane crash may have damaged her "legs" or thrown one away. You could make the same argument about anyone I suppose, where the crash damages something, but the legs are Emi's main flaw, and legs heal over time, metal doesn't in this situation.
that there is a fully-abled companion with them.
Lilly would "just starve to death" is based on nothing.
You mean the player/viewer/survivor you represent? If you were damaged during the crash or before the food surplus was established, Lilly would simply not be able to take care of you. Emi would be able to, but only if she had her legs.

I apologize though, I went into a hypothetical situation for a lot of these. I will say that I am not the most wise person when it comes to surviving on an island. Either way, can we agree to disagree on this until we clash again? I'm fastly realizing both sides can't get through to each-other, perhaps you more so. I am a bit stubborn.

Sidenote: I play the long game for scenarios like this. If I knew rescue was coming before her legs wore down, I'd put her between Misha and Mutou.

I'm back in action.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I have calmed down and will now present my case calmly, like a calm person.

Likely, if we're still on the island in two years, we have a good enough base where Emi won't need her legs too much and we'd have a good enough shelter and hunting system where she wouldn't have to move too much anyways. Two years is a long time to get into a groove. Our productivity might be hurt, but likely we could still last awhile longer. Even if the legs were lost immediately, she could still tend to fire, cooking, basic shelter maintenance, fishing and more without walking around for the most part. If she had to move, I could carry her and would be glad to, piggyback style, at least for a mile or so, which is farther than I'd probably need to for any reason.

On top of this, while she does have the tendency to run all over Yamaku, we need to remember that this is a survival situation, and that while she can be kind of air headed sometimes, Emi isn't stupid. She would most likely be able to realize that there is a need to conserve her prosthetics, and keep running to a minimum. Just enough to shake her nerves, and maybe a little more for hunting. If she tried to do too much, I'd do what I could to keep her in check, which would likely be easier than normal due to the huge stakes.

Nextly, we have endurance factor. Emi has been shown to be able to handle pain that others cannot for extended periods of time. This carries over not only to basic tasks on the island, but to survivability in general. Where others might lose hope and break down, Emi would keep pushing through and will herself to, "stay in the game" so to say.

As for infections, while this is a possibility, it is also something that can be minimized in risk. If bleeding occurs, I could hold the fort until the stumps healed and she kept them elevated. This doesn't seem to happen unless she exerts herself with extended heavy impacts too much though, which wouldn't be happening like it does at Yamaku. With that in mind, it isn't a whole lot likelier that she'd get infected than it would be for anybody else on the island. A cut is a cut, and that can happen even if, say, Shizune trips on a rock and cuts her hand.

Lastly, as has been said, morale is important. All joking about waifus aside, being on the island for extended periods of time would weigh on all of us naturally, and so it is important that we pick somebody that we could get along with. Nobody would motivate me more than her, and nobody would keep me as happy in general. Even in the extremely likely event that nothing romantic happened between us, there's a very good chance that we'd at least get along well. This would carry over to cooperation-heavy tasks and coordination, which are key to survival in such a situation.

No offense taken at all, by the way. I get that you're just being objective.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"