Stranded on a deserted island. Who do you want with you?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Who do you want with you if you are stranded on a deserted island?

Akira
14%
Emi
10%
Hanako
19%
Kenji
5%
Lilly
10%
Miki
4%
Misha
4%
Nurse
9%
Mutou
4%
Rin
8%
Shizune
9%
Yuuko
2%
Someone else
2%
No one else
1%

Total votes: 167

Xanatos

Re: Stranded on a deserted island. Who do you want with you

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Since when did Rin become a complete idiot and/or crazy, Keiichi?
Wha...?
Coconuts and bananas are food, not building material. Just because Rin talks funny doesn't mean she's loonier than Kenji. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Since when did Rin become a complete idiot and/or crazy, Keiichi?
Wha...?
Coconuts and bananas are food, not building material. Just because Rin talks funny doesn't mean she's loonier than Kenji. :lol:
Anything can be building material. I'm not sure why you have to be so rude towards others' opinions. Like, all the time. It gets a little old after putting up with it for so long.

And an eatable house sounds pretty cool.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:Anything can be building material. I'm not sure why you have to be so rude towards others opinions. Like, all the time. It gets a little old after putting up with it for so long.

And an eatable house sounds pretty cool.
Dog shit can technically be building material but nobody's gonna build a hut out of the stuff if they have an option because it'd be ridiculous and not very good (if at all) at its intended purpose. And a wall of bananas is even more problematic than a wall of poo. :lol: And if being asked a question that isn't actually rude to anyone at all upsets you so much, well...

An eatable house would be delicious...But then, it also wouldn't be a house for very long. :lol:

Actually, if the water around the island is suitably shark-invested, Jigoro could (allegedly) wrestle a few of them and grab some dinner. Or you could improv a fishing rod for Rin. Hell, if Emi's stranded with her running blades, you could probably put them to some sort of use...
Last edited by Xanatos on Tue May 14, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Also, spoiler alert: Jigoro IS the shark. Just look at his massive fin!
Parliament

Post by Parliament »

Xanatos, I don't think he was referring only to the post he quoted. I see a lot of attempts at humor that simply come across as rude.
If that's how you want to conduct yourself that's fine, but don't expect anyone to want to converse with you if everything you say is an attempt at an edgy one liner.

edit- We were simply pointing out that a very large percentage of your posts(which are ridiculously numerous) are disrespectful, abrasive, or both. If you're going to cover your ears and pretend you don't hear me that's fine, I'm not going to waste time trying to convince you.
I don't wish to derail this thread and thus will refrain from discussing this any further.
Last edited by Parliament on Tue May 14, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wish I had some kind of succinct piece of wisdom to put here. Oh well, bathrobes are comfy =)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Cool story. But if he's referring to past posts, it's an utterly irrelevant response to the present post that he quoted. And the issue here isn't some one-liner, it was a simple question to which he took apparent offense for no clear reason at all (and which he also did not explain). So nothing you've just said relates to any of this much at all.

Now before this derails further, it occurs to me that Misha may be a nuisance to keep around too long but her sheer loudness could be great for alerting passing rescue. I wonder how Shizune would communicate in a stranded scenario, assuming it's with someone who doesn't know sign...
Last edited by Xanatos on Tue May 14, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
box

Post by box »

Hanako. Companionship is nice. Maybe she wouldn't be as shy if there's nobody around, either. :)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Eh, I've just learned to ignore Xan when he's being dickish.

box wrote:Hanako. Companionship is nice. Maybe she wouldn't be as shy if there's nobody around, either. :)
This. Apart from the obvious reasons, she's intelligent and imaginative, so she'd be good company once she got over her shyness. Plus she's in pretty good shape physically, so building shelter and scrounging for food wouldn't be as much of a hardship.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:scrounging for food
I will not make a bacon joke.

Oops.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:

Oops.
Silence you.

Okay I admit it. The thought of going skinny dipping in the waters around the island with her has its appeal.

"No I swear, we were looking for shellfish!"
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Oops.
Silence you.

Okay I admit it. The thought of going skinny dipping in the waters around the island has its appeal.

"No I swear, we were looking for shellfish!"
I dunno...There could be all sorts of unpleasant things in that water.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:

YEah, but I don't think sharks usually come into shallow water.

Though come to think of it, there's got to be a pond with fresh water somewhere on the island.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Though come to think of it, there's got to be a pond with fresh water somewhere on the island.
Most shark attacks happen in less than 3 feet of water Panda...
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Steinherz wrote:
pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Most shark attacks happen in less than 3 feet of water Panda...

Well fine. Its off to the pond and the waterfall then. :p
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Anyone think Kenji could be useful? :lol:
Actually, now that you mention it, he could be somewhat useful. :lol:

He did mention that he was building a shelter to prepare for the feminist invasion so he would have experience with that. Plus he could probably sneak up on wild rabbits or other food sources, Hisao did mention how sneaky he was. And if nothing else, you could always take his thick glasses and use them to start your fire, provided it's sunny out. :lol:
One problem: If rescue did not come very quickly, you'd end up killing either Kenji or yourself, just so you didn't have to put up with his constant craziness. (Besides, Yuuko and Shizune have glasses, too. Theirs may not have lenses as thick as Kenji's, but either of them would be much more pleasant company.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)