Stranded on a deserted island. Who do you want with you?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Who do you want with you if you are stranded on a deserted island?

Akira
14%
Emi
10%
Hanako
19%
Kenji
5%
Lilly
10%
Miki
4%
Misha
4%
Nurse
9%
Mutou
4%
Rin
8%
Shizune
9%
Yuuko
2%
Someone else
2%
No one else
1%

Total votes: 167

emmjay

Re: Stranded on a deserted island. Who do you want with you

Post by emmjay »

After much consideration, I'm gonna have to go with Yuuko. (Unless the "someone else" option isn't limited to KS characters, in which case Alton Brown.)
As mentioned before, she has at least some cooking and organizational skills, and I think she would take to a life with no clocks, schedules, or deadlines quite well. And if rescue never comes, I get to spend the rest of my days with a cute librarian.
Alternately, Jigoro. I would ride on his shoulders, and he would wade the Pacific. :lol:
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Moses. 8)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Hoo boy, what to vote? Assuming I'm able to bring my six years experience in Air Force Cadet fieldcraft and survival to bear, well, it really depends on what aspect I'd consider and how long the pair of us would be stuck.

If going on the basis of favorites, well, I'd be in Lilly's camp. Granted, her blindness might be a problem,but there are methods that can be used to work around that (such as using cord or rope to mark pathways or boundaries, etc). A sudden change, like a storm or monsoon, might put us both severely on the back foot, however.

Going on the basis of practical knowledge, I'd go with the Nurse as, as others have pointed out, he has extensive medical knowledge (though I'm not sure whether that might extend to improvised medical treatment in the field). He also seems fairly level-headed and might not crack under pressure. Mutou might be a substitute for equivalent scientific knowledge (though I hope that also covers matters like geology and geography :D )

Finally, if I'm stuck for the long term, I might cast my vote in Akira's court. She seems both worldly and pretty lively; she doesn't seem to cave to outside influences and incidents. Not sure if she has any practical knowledge that might contribute, but time and training could help.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

emmjay wrote:Alternately, Jigoro. I would ride on his shoulders, and he would wade the Pacific. :lol:
It's cute how you think he'd even let you touch him. :P

Based just on favoritism, Lilly.

Based on selfishness, Hanako. See, islands don't have clocks and assuming my iphone is damaged in some significant way during this venture, I would not know the time. And as anyone who ever witnessed me in the isolation room at the alternative high school may tell you, I lose my fucking mind when I cannot measure the passage of time. Having a timid and likely frightful girl around to care for would keep me distracted/busy and thus relatively sane in that scenario. And if rescue never comes, well, the company's good.

Based on practicality, Nurse. Medical knowledge could be very useful. But then, his knowledge is a tad specialized. Shizune seems a more rounded practical type.

Akira would be alright too. She seems pretty chill. Yuuko would be a great companion if it's a very long-term thing, I think. Put her in a grass skirt and coconut bra, plus she could probably help with the food situation.

You are now picturing Lilly and Akira on an island. On a bonfire is a pile of emptied beer cans overlooked by a stern Lilly. Flailing about behind her is a distraught Akira crying "Why's all the beer gone?!"
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Xanatos wrote:You are now picturing Lilly and Akira on an island. On a bonfire is a pile of emptied beer cans overlooked by a stern Lilly. Flailing about behind her is a distraught Akira crying "Why's all the beer gone?!"
Xanatos, that made my day. :lol:
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xan, shouldn't it be "Why's the rum gone?"
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Xan, shouldn't it be "Why's the rum gone?"
Akira drinks beer. Get with the program! :x
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Parliament

Post by Parliament »

Can't believe the lack of Miki votes.

She seems like the type to often go on camping trips with buddies, I think she'd be more than equipped to help out while also being easy going and easy on the eyes. Best of all 3 worlds.
I wish I had some kind of succinct piece of wisdom to put here. Oh well, bathrobes are comfy =)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Parliament wrote:Can't believe the lack of Miki votes.

She seems like the type to often go on camping trips with buddies, I think she'd be more than equipped to help out while also being easy going and easy on the eyes. Best of all 3 worlds.
Miki lacks a hand. All things considered, she's likely to be inefficient in a survival situation. Plus there's no basis at all for "She seems like the type to often go on camping trips..."
Parliament

Post by Parliament »

Hands are overrated, since there is no time limit I'm sure she could perform plenty of tasks one handed. When something does arise that isn't possible with one hand she could ask for help even with a language barrier. And I wasn't aware we needed evidence to make conjecture about fictional characters, lol.

edit- here is my evidence: Miki is a chill bro, chill bros enjoy camping trips and thus, will go on camping trips.
I wish I had some kind of succinct piece of wisdom to put here. Oh well, bathrobes are comfy =)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

No time limit? If you don't get food in time, you starve. No shelter built in time, you're exposed to the elements. No fire stoked in time, you freeze. Enjoy starving and freezing to death. And nobody said she isn't capable. But capable or not, she would be less efficient than many others if your standard is based on who's best equipped to help out. :P At any rate, camping trips don't seem too helpful in this sort of scenario. She goes out a lot with sleeping bags, tents, prepared food and drink, and friends? Great. She won't have most if any of that on a deserted island. :lol: That's like watching a few kung fu movies then trying to take on Bruce Lee. Insert joke about his death here.

And yes, you need evidence to make conjecture about fictional characters. Obviously. :P

Anyone think Kenji could be useful? :lol:
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:Anyone think Kenji could be useful? :lol:
Actually, now that you mention it, he could be somewhat useful. :lol:

He did mention that he was building a shelter to prepare for the feminist invasion so he would have experience with that. Plus he could probably sneak up on wild rabbits or other food sources, Hisao did mention how sneaky he was. And if nothing else, you could always take his thick glasses and use them to start your fire, provided it's sunny out. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I can see Rin making huts out of coconuts and bananas.

People obviously don't know how to be silly, and take things too seriously. Poor unfortunate souls.
Last edited by KeiichiO on Thu May 16, 2013 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Since when did Rin become a complete idiot and/or crazy, Keiichi?
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:Since when did Rin become a complete idiot and/or crazy, Keiichi?
Wha...?