Which Hisao is your favourite?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which of the different five arc Hisao's did you like the most?

Hisao from Shizune's arc
19%
Hisao from Lilly's arc
24%
Hisao from Hanako's arc
6%
Hisao from Emi's arc
38%
Hisao from Rin's arc
6%
Hisao from Kenji's arc
7%

Total votes: 84

Snow_Storm

Re: Which Hisao is your favourite?

Post by Snow_Storm »

The best Hisao is obviously the one where he died from violent blunt force trauma after drinking with Kenji and falling to his death.
HoldenVilma

Post by HoldenVilma »

Hisao from Emi's arc, that's for sure. Nonetheless, if I were asked to choose something less obvious, I would choose Hisao from Shizune's arc
lvl5popcap

Post by lvl5popcap »

Another vote for Emi here. He went to the school because of his condition and yet in all the other routes it didn't really seem like he was getting any help for it.

(which is funny because I just realized I had the most fun going through Lilly's route, which did the opposite to his health).
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

"A merry life and a short one"
- Bartholomew Roberts

(I'd chose Lilly over Emi anytime. ;))
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
DeadlockBizzaro

Post by DeadlockBizzaro »

From Kenji's route. Why? Simple. He reminds me of myself on bad days. Except, I don't get drunk and fall off buildings.
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

DeadlockBizzaro wrote:From Kenji's route. Why? Simple. He reminds me of myself on bad days. Except, I don't get drunk and fall off buildings.
Yeah, truth be told I can see how he really could be very relatable to most. It's funny that, even though it's a joke option, it's also probably the most honest answer in most cases. :P
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

JukoVon wrote: Rin's Hisao is the worse,the good ending has them throwing away their future. I don't understand how the bad ending for Rin is her getting a scholarship and doing something with her life.
The premise of the bad ending is thatif you choose to ask of why Sae supported Rin and how she (Rin) is similar to her (Sae's)husband, then the likely chance that the girl will commit suicide due to her art is very likely (following Rin's chain of thought of 'self-destruction')

Scholarship, yes, but are you happy? It's like landing a job in McDonald's while having a doctorate degree--you have a job, but not the one you really wanted.

For me, I see Shizune's Hisao to be my favorite. He strikes me as the more dependable-type at the end of the route, the one who seemed to have matured the most.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

JukoVon wrote:Rin's Hisao is the worse
...What game were you playing? Nothing in that ending suggests anyone's throwing away a future.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

You could argue that Rin throws away her future as an artist who can do what she does for a living. Her best ending acknowledges that the road of the professional artist is not one she wants to take in her life, but it doesn't mention what she DOES want to do. Graduation is about half a year away and Rin herself admits that art is the one thing she can do really well. I've always suspected that Rin's not exactly a stellar pupil, she strikes me as someone who tends to flunk tests because she's so easily distracted by random thoughts, which explains why the school supported the exposition deal so much. I believe KS mentioned Rin was allowed to skip school in order to focus on the exposition. This could be because she was a good pupil or because this was the most viable chance by a longshot of actually getting her a career. With the art route cut off, the question remains: what WILL Rin do now after the happiness from the dandelion field starts fading away? The game itself doesn't say.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Teach art?
She could be a better teacher than Nomyia I'm sure :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Guest Poster wrote:You could argue that Rin throws away her future as an artist
Oh, you mean that future where she deliberately destroys herself, is obviously not going to be happy and suffer for it, and more than likely eventually commits suicide? Yeah. She throws that away, as any sensible human being would. The last thing Rin should be is an artist because art for her isn't a hobby so much as a coping device that only accentuates her issues. Anyone who played her route completely should realize this.

@Enemy |: Suddenly picturing Rin in Nomiya's clothes and with Nomiya's crazy tongue-hanging-out sprite...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

All this talk about Rin makes me imagine how she'll one day gouge one of her eye out with a paint brush or a scalpel (ala van gogh and his ear) in search for inspiration before she finally create a masterpiece; a finale painted in blood.
...forget I said that
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Megumeru wrote:All this talk about Rin makes me imagine how she'll one day gouge one of her eye out with a paint brush or a scalpel (ala van gogh and his ear) in search for inspiration before she finally create a masterpiece; a finale painted in blood.
...forget I said that
Too late! The fanfiction gears are a-turnin'...
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Xanatos wrote:Oh, you mean that future where she deliberately destroys herself, is obviously not going to be happy and suffer for it, and more than likely eventually commits suicide? Yeah. She throws that away, as any sensible human being would. The last thing Rin should be is an artist because art for her isn't a hobby so much as a coping device that only accentuates her issues. Anyone who played her route completely should realize this.
I'd say you're both missing the point and being a bit overdramatic. Whether or not Rin is suicidal in the "Neutral" ending (most ironic name ever) is beside the point. Rin doesn't destroy herself. She's unable to do so, to truly give herself up. It's natural human instinct to hold on to something of yourself, to preserve it. She does a good job of mostly destroying herself, but clings to a single shred of what it means to be her - the idea that someone, somewhere can understand her.

Hisao destroys Rin.

In the good end, it is positive destruction. He forces her to give up that last shred, by making her look beyond it. If she is only the idea of being understood, then what is left of her once she is understood? Thus, she begins to rebuild and reclaim herself, emerging from her chrysalis transformed and able to truly engage reality.

In the "neutral" end, Hisao tears away that last shred of self, and offers her only her art as a refuge - Meaning isn't important; you are your art, and nothing else. The exact message that Nomiya was sending. So Rin decides to remain in her chrysalis, never to emerge. She may be financially successful, but she is dead inside, because there's nothing left. Whether or not she ends up dead on the outside earlier than natural is irrelevant.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

So with that analysis we are able to conclude, in conjunction with this thread's poll, that two people voted for a Hisao that always winds up destroying his girl. Hrmmm...that sounds incredibly kinky. :P

Anywho, to refocus from Rin, whom I'll decide to not do a disservice by keeping my moreso elaborate thoughts of her to myself, I'd say there's an element of 'destruction' that Hisao does in every path really, not just Rin's. Granted there are four instances I can think of where it doesn't show up (namely Lilly's and Emi's bad endings, Hanako's neutral ending and Shizune's good ending, where the clever girl actually comes to her solution on her own), but otherwise I'd say that everywhere else Hisao does some 'destruction' of each of the girl's preconcieved notions - the things that make them moreso crippled, IMHO, than any of their physical disabilities:

-Lilly's good ending: Destroying her notion, that she can be happy by trying to have her cake and eat it too by playing around with Hisao, until it'll be time for her to just leave him and Hanako behind.
-Shizune's bad ending: Destroying her relationship with Misha to the point, where Shizune doesn't dare exert her energy anymore, because she still thinks it must *all* be her fault for it happening, and thus really messing her up.
-Hanako's good ending: Destroying that wall she'd always kept up and finally getting her to honestly tell Hisao as to why she acted the way she did and how she actually felt about him. Which, funnily enough, also helps destroy his own wall.
-Hanako's bad ending: Provoking her towards her own destruction, of sorts, that unfortunately she is doing moreso only so as to scare and drive him away for good.
-Emi's good ending: Destroying her fears of getting close to someone, because eventually she'll lose them anyway.
-Rin's neutral ending: Destroying her hopes of ever being fully understood through art while driving her towards a weak substitute (pleasing people with her art) that will never make her happy.
-Rin's good ending: Destroying her hopes of ever being fully understood *at all*, but with his presence (not words) letting her know that it is more than possible to be close to someone or happy without ever being fully understood.