KS like books

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: KS like books

Post by OtakuNinja »

yummines wrote:It depends what kind of feels. Anything from John Steinbeck gave me huge downer feels, especially "Of Mice and Men"

I'm not too big on Romance novels, but I'm sure some manga or anime could fill in for that. Some, like Cowboy Bebop or Toradora! are well written
But Toradora isn't finished and I don't think it'll ever be. :?
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
yummines

Post by yummines »

OtakuNinja wrote:
yummines wrote:It depends what kind of feels. Anything from John Steinbeck gave me huge downer feels, especially "Of Mice and Men"

I'm not too big on Romance novels, but I'm sure some manga or anime could fill in for that. Some, like Cowboy Bebop or Toradora! are well written
But Toradora isn't finished and I don't think it'll ever be. :?
Well the anime (and Light novels it was based on) ended so i wouldnt really count the manga...
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Right now I am reading everything that I can by Haruki Murakami. He is the author of "Dance, Dance, Dance", one of the books that Hanako was reading in her story. I've read his first 8 novels, and they all have involve similar themes to KS, especially Hanako's route.

I also read one of his short story collections beofre KS came out, called "After the Quake". Mainly I was looking for the short story "Super Frog Saves Tokyo", and this was due to heavy reference of it in one episode of Mawaru Penguindrum (an anime with some KS themes).

If you decide to check him out, I'd suggest strating with "A Wild Sheep Chase" -- it is a prequel of sorts to "Dance" and it will let you know right away if Murakami is an author you would like or not.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
rabbitt773

Post by rabbitt773 »

You could try wandering son, it's a manga focusing on two teens who each want to be the opposite sex. It gave me similar vibes to KS, due to the whole theme of being an outsider. It doesn't have quite as much focus on romance as KS, but is definatly a moving story.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - The reason I played KS. :)

It's a manga, an anime, and I think it's been released as light novels too. A really nice, but short, hospital romance. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)