Body proportions

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ProfAllister

Re: Body proportions

Post by ProfAllister »

Not sure anyone else really cares, but it's really bothering me.

I forgot that Rin doesn't have arms.

The internet tells me that arms weight 5-6% of body weight. Rin still has some arm, but not much, so we'll estimate 5% each and add 10%, or 5kg.

Which makes Rin 21.2. The same as Shizune for body fat, tied for second place.

That right there seems to clinch that the numbers can't possibly be right, for anyone who still had doubts. She's the one I'd most expect to be underweight. More importantly, it's a fun exercise to figure these things out.

As a final note, it's worth conceding that these are teenage girls. A lot of growth comes between 19-25, particularly in the realm of "filling out" as well as losing "baby fat," which can be observed in the dramatic transformations many people go through in their college years.

But, when all is said and done, KS deserves credit in the illustrations if not the asspulled numbers. While there's not a HUGE variation in body types, it's (sadly) much better than most media these days.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

DrNonookee wrote:
Her running legs are very light, and weigh about 1 kg for the two of them
Ah-HAH! So *that's* the secret of Emi's success on the track - she's effectively running with a lower weight-to-muscle-power ratio than the other track athletes! *They* all have to lug their heavy-arse lower extremeties around, while Emi is effectively dropping a few kilograms off of her gravitational resistance by using leg blades instead of flesh posts.

Is the Yamaku athletics comittee aware of this blatant cheating? ;)
Wait, is that another way of saying Emi's using a speed hack? :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
DrNonookee

Post by DrNonookee »

This is far less than a normal able-bodied foot and leg, which has been shown to return 249% of the stored energy.
Doesn't that violate the laws of conservasion of energy, or something? :shock:
[Rin's] the one I'd most expect to be underweight.
Really? She always struck me as being somewhat...uh, meatier than, say, Lilly or Hanako, at least going by her normal in-game sprites (and particularly what nude shots of her we see).

Gping on visual looks alone, I'd personally rate the girls, from heaviest to lightest:
Misha
Rin
Lilly
Shizune
Hanako
Emi

Lilly is rather slender, but rates higher on my list because her height relative to the others gives the impression of more body mass.
Yes, she is. Emphasis on the "hack" part. *holds up a rusty, bloodstained hacksaw*

...I'm going to hell for that one, aren't I?
Now playing: Final Fantasy 14
Charlotte Donnay - Hyperion server. Look me up sometime!
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

DrNonookee wrote:
This is far less than a normal able-bodied foot and leg, which has been shown to return 249% of the stored energy.
Doesn't that violate the laws of conservasion of energy, or something? :shock:
I don't know about this sorta science, but my guess would be that the value is because a human limb can synthesise energy on the go via a coombination of the aerobic, anaerobic glycolosis and create phosphate systems. I probably named those wrong. On the other hand, a metal limb can only return what has been stored in it as potential elastic energy, and seeing as there is no such thing as a device with 100% efficiency, it would return less.
DrNonookee wrote:
[Rin's] the one I'd most expect to be underweight.
Really? She always struck me as being somewhat...uh, meatier than, say, Lilly or Hanako, at least going by her normal in-game sprites (and particularly what nude shots of her we see).
The sprites probably don't reflect the descriptions 100%, especially when it says numerous times during Emi and Rin's route about how scrawny she is, and how she often neglects to eat or whatever.
DrNonookee wrote:
Yes, she is. Emphasis on the "hack" part. *holds up a rusty, bloodstained hacksaw*...I'm going to hell for that one, aren't I?
Yes. Yes you are.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

DrNonookee wrote:and particularly what nude shots of her we see
As I recall, one of those shots pretty clearly shows her borderline starved...Not exactly meaty. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Xanatos wrote:
DrNonookee wrote:and particularly what nude shots of her we see
As I recall, one of those shots pretty clearly shows her borderline starved...Not exactly meaty. :P
Guess there's a reason why she has smaller boobs than the others--NOT ENOUGH MEAT!! :lol:

but seriously though, you have to put into consideration of them being Asians. We're small and not exactly tall while the girls doesn't age as fast as the West--sans Lilly since most of her half lands somewhere in Scotland. You can frankly tell and guess quite accurately what year and how old is she just by looking--not to mention school uniforms hold a whole different standards in prestige and also a dead giveaway of what year level you're into in your education. Although by standards, 150-170cm is your average height (150cm can be considered 'short' though).

Emi might be in the 'normal' range after all and not so much being underweight...but that's just my 2cents.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story